Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So, about Book 15... (SPOILERS)

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Weather Man on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
I have been playing Pirate101 ever since I saw the first commercial in 2013. I asked my mom if I could try the game out. I told her specifically "Its free to play." Yeah, I played it for a few days. Then it said, you need a membership to enter this area. So, it isn't free to play. I have gotten a membership and have beaten the game. I have ultimately spent probably hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on Wizard101 and Pirate101. So there is one problem. An ultimate lie.

Another problem. I played the game for about a year. I was already wrapping up Marleybone. Then I go to Aquila. Now, if you want to know why I stopped playing??? Well, in Aquila my companions died all the time. Wanna know how long I waited? 6-8 hours for a single companion. If I wake them up, they loose 1/10 of their health. Then they die quicker. I hate having to wait so long.

The last problem. Like many others have pointed out, you left the game alone for 3 whole years. That is over 1000 days. Yes, you just released a new world. But it was so short, I beat it in three days of playing for a few hours. Come on!!! A world in Wizard101 takes a few weeks for me. And now, you are leaving us in the darkness again. No signs of Book 16. You have told us though that there will be a big update in Wizard101 in the fall.

I take that back, that was not the last problem! Here is the last problem, you never listen to anyone's ideas or thoughts. Tell me one thing that was listed on this message board that was actually put in the game. There isn't any.

So, ultimately, it is your fault KI for only having 5 million players VS 40 million. I had gotten my brother to play this game. I also got him and my mom to play Wizard101, but if you really want players you need to work on these things.

Sincerely, Fiery Orion Ironside (Lvl 70 )
AKA: Weather Man
"You never listen to anyone's ideas or thoughts. Tell me one thing that was listed on this message board that was actually put into the game."
Well here you go, Fiery Orion Ironside:
Players requested -
to be able to change their flags, KI listened and implemented.
a faster way to navigate Cool Ranch, hence the stagecoach.
stackable items, we got it.
team up was requested and KI listened, they even gave us team up in Valencia 2 when we asked for it.
dungeon recall
A major request 2 summer's a go: the lifting of the "no trade" ban on Moo Tower items - this is entirely due to Ratbeard going to bat for us, he listened and we got what we wanted.
Many players from the beginning of this game asked to go into a ship cabin, now we have them.
Also many players wanted a way to use their companions as housing items, again KI complied.
Players wanted a way to show off their ships, Ship Yards are now in the game.
A new emote was suggested by a player - imagine the delight when we discovered the "Good Luck" emote was added.
to be continued.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have been playing Pirate101 ever since I saw the first commercial in 2013. I asked my mom if I could try the game out. I told her specifically "Its free to play." Yeah, I played it for a few days. Then it said, you need a membership to enter this area. So, it isn't free to play. I have gotten a membership and have beaten the game. I have ultimately spent probably hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on Wizard101 and Pirate101. So there is one problem. An ultimate lie.

Another problem. I played the game for about a year. I was already wrapping up Marleybone. Then I go to Aquila. Now, if you want to know why I stopped playing??? Well, in Aquila my companions died all the time. Wanna know how long I waited? 6-8 hours for a single companion. If I wake them up, they loose 1/10 of their health. Then they die quicker. I hate having to wait so long.

The last problem. Like many others have pointed out, you left the game alone for 3 whole years. That is over 1000 days. Yes, you just released a new world. But it was so short, I beat it in three days of playing for a few hours. Come on!!! A world in Wizard101 takes a few weeks for me. And now, you are leaving us in the darkness again. No signs of Book 16. You have told us though that there will be a big update in Wizard101 in the fall.

I take that back, that was not the last problem! Here is the last problem, you never listen to anyone's ideas or thoughts. Tell me one thing that was listed on this message board that was actually put in the game. There isn't any.

So, ultimately, it is your fault KI for only having 5 million players VS 40 million. I had gotten my brother to play this game. I also got him and my mom to play Wizard101, but if you really want players you need to work on these things.

Continued
Ranked PVP was requested from the very beginning of this game, and KI has given it to us.
Here follows the requests to balance Ranked PVP that KI listened to and implemented -
Banning doubloons
Banning high level pets from joining a low level match.
Adjusting the Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu for PVP use.
Implementing talent attacks to remove "hide", making it easier for other classes to face the challenge of swashbucklers.
And currently PVP players are getting a response from Ratbeard about certain powers in use in Ranked - he's certainly listening.
More requests that were answered.
I made a request to the furniture thread for a mermaid statue similar to the one on the island of Artemusa, and got it!
So you see, Fiery Orion, KI does listen and does grant requests!
Now about "free to play" being a big lie:
There isn't an MMO out there that doesn't have areas that are off limits to non-members, the big difference with P101 is that you don't have to be a member to access area, you have a choice; you can buy zones. What other MMO would allow this? Memberships are where they get their majority of revenue.

Ensign
May 01, 2011
@NCWFanatic
1.What about companion promotions?WIll the example with catbeard and gracie mean that every companion that we get like contessa wont have a promotion quest?
2.About the pieces of the map.If the parents said that we gonna stop pursuing el dorado does it mean we dont need the map bits anymore and what we gonna do with them?
3.Do Gracie and Catbeard have any scrapped promotion quest dialogue?IF they do can you part with it if it wont be used of course?
4.Will the forth tier be the last promotional tier for our companions?WIll it be like the stop for the promotions?
5.I've noticed Bonnie Anne doesnt have a white tail tip?Is it a glitch a cosmetic trait for originality or this has a story behind it?
6.Why there is a lack of side companions in valencia?I can definitely see a unicorn soldier or crab enforcer or female?The story with the capo of five families would definitely have a spot for a crab enforcer companion!As a token of respect to the agreement with guinea pigs! :D
7.Have you changed your mind about clockwork companions?IF avery is sure armada is going to burn itself out without kane,maybe there is a way to bring a companion like dragoon musketeer marine or angel clcokwork to our team?Especially as kane said that clcokworks are only machines and it is possible to construct something like Rooke or Deacon(not elite companion refference)
P.S:As much as i would've love to get one i guess the elite is a too much for us to get as companions.THat would toally destroy the image of the armada!
Ty for reading it.Blind Mew i want to say i am happy you returned to the forums!Your threads are always top tiered on the forums!Have a nice day!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Continuing...
You charge that KI has left the game alone for 3 years - this is patently not so! In fact, they have lavished much time and effort on this game. They have increased playability by introducing Advanced Companions; and while you seem to have a problem with bed-rest other players have enjoyed the strategic aspects of this.
I'll address your complaint of waiting 7-8 hours for a wounded companion. You said Aquila took you so long because of needing to wait for wounded companions, yet in Valencia 2, you finished in a few hours. Wow! you must have learned something about game play and healing/shielding companions to beat Valencia so quickly.
Other things KI has paid attention to the game: they gave us side content that really gave a boost in strategy, skill and gear with 2 gauntlets. One of which is in the free-to-play area so non-members have something to do between memberships. They added a Gauntlet in the Crown shop which can be traded between characters.
And, as I said before they have added Ranked PVP.
If they had ignored P101 for 3 years we wouldn't have all this.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Have you ever thought that MAYBE KI losing players is actually the fault of the players themselves? How many times have I heard of players bad-mouthing P101 & KI on Twitter, Face Book and other social media because of a lack of story content? There were even calls to boycott or refuse to renew subscriptions unless KI gave them what they wanted.
If KI was depending on "word of mouth" recruitment, don't you think the attitude of players has a great deal to do with the situation now?
Yes, I have complained on these boards about the roaring silence coming from KI, but I have never disparaged this game to others, in fact, I have done the opposite, I have praised KI games for the play-ability, story line, charming graphics, plus the fact that it's a generation spanning game; encouraging closeness among family members, where often internet use has a isolating effect among young people.
Remember when you point a finger, there're three other fingers pointing back at you.
You're just explaining the effect of the quote you were talking about. Cause & Effect, simple as that. KI's lack of attention to the game caused players to become mad. Your reason wouldn't have happened if KI shifted its attention to the game.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015

Does pirates really have 5 million players at this point? A game with 5 million players shouldn't be struggling, that's more then a lot of games.

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
I was talking with my dad about this whole "We need you to recruit more players for Pirate101" thing. He also brought up something about the name. Think about it. Wizard makes you think of magic and Harry Potter. Pirate makes you think of barbaric people like Blackbeard.

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Blind Mew,
Since your initial call to get new players myself and several others have been trying to spread the word about Pirate 101 and started recruiting. Hopefully, our efforts have started to pay off.

My question is would it be possible to let us (players) know if the second arch is moving forward? Not necessarily what it will en tale (although some would disagree with me), something more along the lines of "we started working on the second arch of the game". I believe this will have a huge positive impact on getting new people to join. plus, it would be a huge boost to the existing players. If you can't be that straight forward then maybe smoke signals (I know some people in coopers roost that could assist).

On a side note if you could let Ratbeard know the stronger fights are a welcomed change. Although, I am not ashamed to admit I will use henchmen during times of crisis and recently there have been more than a few crisis where re-reinforcements were needed.

Thanks to everyone at KI for your hard work getting this and (fingers crossed) future updates created and released.

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010

Weather Man,
Not sure what response you are expecting from KI? Most MMO's have a free area and then you need to pay to advance into other areas, not sure why you are surprised by this. It's good that your family is now playing, mine is as well. This not only makes it fun playing together but also helps when you get to those more difficult areas. I am currently helping my son catch up so we can go through Valencia 2 together.

The whole 3 year thing is unfortunate but Pirate 101 has given us Valencia 2 to see if Pirate 101 is worth saving. As Blind Mew has posted, the more players we can bring in the more updates we will receive. The updates will also happen on a much faster timeline. Our challenge now is to increase the 5 million players to show KI that the game is worth continuing. If new playing continue to join we will most likely never see such a large delay again.

It's also to early to be hinting at book 16 since Valencia 2 was just released a couple of weeks ago. If book 16 is moving forward then I would imagine that we would hear something in the next 1-2 months with a possible release of spring/summer next year.

I would also have to disagree with you on KI not listening. I have been playing since P101 started and there have been a lot of things added/changed based on players feedback. They may not change things right away but most suggestions do get included at some point. Also, there may be somethings they simply cannot do (such as combine P101 and W101).

I would recommend keep playing and brings more of your friends. This will guarantee more updates on a faster time line for the foreseeable future.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
The Weather Man on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
Uh, is there a reason why no people or staff have responded to my post???
Because people didn't have nothin' to say?

Anyways, I have nothing to say, so I'm going to hide like a rat in a maze

Darkest Dungeon is cool

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
The Weather Man on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
Uh, is there a reason why no people or staff have responded to my post???
Because this thread is for Blind Mew....who is a KI writer. He can't answer any of those questions you listed. Those questions are all off topic from this thread.

By the way, the game is "Play for Free, " not "Advance for Free". You can play this game free any time you want, but just like all the other top MMOs (like World of Warcraft)...you only get portions free. Completing the game is going to require some purchase along the way.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Some more questions from me:

- Since there is a Capo of the Five Families, I take it there five crab clans? There are the Tortellinis, Rigatonis, Manicottis, Farfallas, and... what's the last one? Did I miss it?

- I don't know if you can answer this, but are there ever going to be world-based houses? Maybe "if all goes well"?

- Will any of the future promotions, if any coming soon, reflect more on the character's backstory?

- Is the Valencia Stormgate in Port Regal going to be used, or is it just there when you will need to use it?

- Why is there a lot of reused Skull Island stuff in a place of more royalty than piracy?

- Will any other side companions get a promotion soon, possibly in a mini update?

- I do love this game a lot. Have you considered maybe launching some merchandise such as action figures and/or official posters? Who do I ask?

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Quick question Bling Mew, is the actual queen of Valencia evil, or at least a "dark" force like the Frogfather?
She seems a little more wily than the king, but I could just be reading deeper than intended.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Jul 3, 2016 wrote:
You're just explaining the effect of the quote you were talking about. Cause & Effect, simple as that. KI's lack of attention to the game caused players to become mad. Your reason wouldn't have happened if KI shifted its attention to the game.
If you've paid attention to my other posts, you'll see that KI hasn't neglected P101 but has added content that made this game more playable and strategic, making it more appealing to the older gaming audience. I wish players weren't so hung up on "if its not a storyline update, then its just fluff." When the fluff that was added improved the game!
Truly, they have all acted like spoiled brats!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
I'm a bit concerned about Dead Mike, will he be losing anymore limbs ( or possibly his head ) during further promotions?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
This is a pretty inconsequential question, but I admit, I'm curious:

Seeking out the overdue books for the Ulpian library, Quan Shi returns the book Lord Chagatai had, explaining that Lord Chagatai had requested the book to understand more about the Clockworks, but was baffled by the text having "the writing all backwards." Does this mean:
1) Lord Chagatai is unfamiliar reading non-Mooshu texts, which ordinarily read left to right, as opposed to Mooshu texts, which read right to left

Or

2) The writing was performed like some of Leonard di Vinci's notes, in a mirror, so that the writing is literally backwards and thus a puzzle to decipher.

If it's the latter, it is intended to be something of a cipher, and then I really wonder who wrote it and why? (And Anne would want to know: can she check it out from the library? )

Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
This is a pretty inconsequential question, but I admit, I'm curious:

Seeking out the overdue books for the Ulpian library, Quan Shi returns the book Lord Chagatai had, explaining that Lord Chagatai had requested the book to understand more about the Clockworks, but was baffled by the text having "the writing all backwards." Does this mean:
1) Lord Chagatai is unfamiliar reading non-Mooshu texts, which ordinarily read left to right, as opposed to Mooshu texts, which read right to left

Or

2) The writing was performed like some of Leonard di Vinci's notes, in a mirror, so that the writing is literally backwards and thus a puzzle to decipher.

If it's the latter, it is intended to be something of a cipher, and then I really wonder who wrote it and why? (And Anne would want to know: can she check it out from the library? )

Thanks!
I think that was a cultural joke about the differences of writing between East and West.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2009
Dear Blind Mew,

After letting my Buccaneer languish in Cool Ranch (looking for chips to dip, I promise) I started playing the ships out of Pirate101 when I heard Valencia Part Two was on its way. I have truly missed out and I promise to never get distracted over snack products ever again.

I have a suggestion for current players to recruit new ones: remind everyone of the referral code that can be generated from this site. One code can be used an endless number of times, and both players can earn crowns through it. I used just one last weekend for an IRL friend who wants to try Wizard101.

(Something Piratey),

Icywiz

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The final Cut scene seems to imply that Bishop is now defunct, but is this so? Is Bishop gone?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
------- continued -------

- Periodic free weekends for non-members. If I was a F2P, I would certainly appreciate a free weekend once in a while to try out new content. Who knows, they might buy an area, or buy a membership based on what they see and/or experience.

- Communication with players is key to keeping a game prospering. The higher-ups in KI needs to realize that players need communication. We need to know what the updates/fixes are about. What new content may be coming up? Having a virtual blackout the last 3 years has been detrimental to the game and its players.

- For new players that just signed up: Code(s) or gift(s) for some boost potions, and/or a cool noob outfit, and/or a 30-day mount, and/or 30-day free membership. All of these (preferably), or a combination, thereof.

- Buying a membership: Code(s) or gift(s): Buy one month, get one free. Buy a 12 month and get 3 months free. Give them a bunch of gifts. Boosts, some crowns, a permanent mount, a cool outfit to stitch (no stats). Go a bit overboard.

- Don't forget to give incentives to current players/members. Some of us have been here since the beginning, and it would help to retain your player base if something nice was done or given to us. (Remember, you have to spend money to make money!)

- The game drops need to be reworked for better stats, for better looks, and more appropriate levels. High level drops should not be L25 gear. I don't know if you guys are working on L70 gear, too, but you need to seriously change the looks. No one wants L70 gear that has the noob look you get when you first play the game. Personally, I expected something much more classy and exciting, like the Armada Marine outfits. Something cool looking that is appropriate for our L70 pirates.

----- to be continued ------
What is this "noob look"? When I selected my pirate at the beginning of the game, I selected a look. You may not care for the options you had, but that doesn't mean none of us liked it. I consistently look for apparel that comes close to the look I chose and stitch it so I have the better stats.

Please don't make sweeping generalizations, particularly with insulting terms in them. I am someone. I am not no one. I like the early piratical look a great deal.

The rest of your ideas are nice and some might even be useful to KI, but the insults detract from the value of the statement.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This question has bothered me for a while:
Where is Serena Guiteirez's husband?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
seachanty on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
I'm a bit concerned about Dead Mike, will he be losing anymore limbs ( or possibly his head ) during further promotions?
I know, right? Also - Ratbeard lost a hand with his promotion in Marleybone, but we never really knew why. At least with Dead Mike, we kind of know why...

@Blind Mew -- how/why did Ratbeard lose a hand? Will we ever hear the tale?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Willowydream on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
I know, right? Also - Ratbeard lost a hand with his promotion in Marleybone, but we never really knew why. At least with Dead Mike, we kind of know why...

@Blind Mew -- how/why did Ratbeard lose a hand? Will we ever hear the tale?
Blind Mew has actually answered this question before

It's just a battle hook Ratbeard never lost his hand, but it was something overlooked in the creation of the promotion

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Also you accidentally missed a question I had above (it's fine)

In part 1 of Valencia swashbucklers have the opportunity to recieve a Crab Hermit as a side quest companion in Granchia
Altough they are not the coolest crabs in the Rockpool they certainly tuck away a lot of intrigue about them regarding their hoodoo and way of life, will we ever see some light shed on these mysterious crustaceans

Also this brings me to my second question
Why are some animals humanoid and some animals just plain animals
There are crabs that scurry across the ground and that's about it
Then there are the ones which bully Gineua pigs in a humanoid form so why is there this split between animal and humanoid

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
Also you accidentally missed a question I had above (it's fine)

In part 1 of Valencia swashbucklers have the opportunity to recieve a Crab Hermit as a side quest companion in Granchia
Altough they are not the coolest crabs in the Rockpool they certainly tuck away a lot of intrigue about them regarding their hoodoo and way of life, will we ever see some light shed on these mysterious crustaceans

Also this brings me to my second question
Why are some animals humanoid and some animals just plain animals
There are crabs that scurry across the ground and that's about it
Then there are the ones which bully Gineua pigs in a humanoid form so why is there this split between animal and humanoid
Why is there a split between monkeys, apes and us? Evolution ( and perhaps a crazy dose of magic of the Spiral. )