Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why does the Monquistan King turn on us?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Hello everyone! As my newest pirate just made it to Monquistan, I devolved a question. Why does the Monquistan King and Queen turn on us and make us enemies of the realm? We helped bring Gortez into custody and saved some of their citizens! So, if anyone could explain this to me, it would be grand.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HoodooNerd on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
Hello everyone! As my newest pirate just made it to Monquistan, I devolved a question. Why does the Monquistan King and Queen turn on us and make us enemies of the realm? We helped bring Gortez into custody and saved some of their citizens! So, if anyone could explain this to me, it would be grand.
We severely humiliated the Crown of Monquista when we went out and did what no Monquistan dared do, we made them look like weak fools.

Captain
May 16, 2011
HoodooNerd on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
This was brought up a while back, and I don't remember where. Anyway, in simplicity, Gortez is a complete embarrassment to the realm, and they want everything to do with the mess removed from all eyes. As you can probably tell, Monquistans have many values based on appearances and social reputation. If they can get rid of Gortez without it getting out, all the better for the Crown. And you know too much about it, so they make you public enemy number #1 before you can cause a scandal.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
In order to NOT reveal any secrets, progress through the game, it will explain why.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Simple answer: You returned someone they had given up as lost, thus embarrassing them.

Similar to this idea: The president leaves a man as a prisoner of war in some country, and claims that it is too dangerous to rescue them. You go in with a small group and extract him. You bring him home to the public accolades of the president, who then turns around and in private has you framed for a crime, because you embarrassed him, by doing something he claimed was too dangerous.

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
First off, thank you for all the replies. Second off, don't worry about spoilers, I already have a level 65.