Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crown gear now (no-trade)?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
I have noticed that my crown gear previously purchased has been changed to no-trade. I already had some sitting in the shared bank waiting for another use but could not put other gear I was currently wearing into it. It also says in the description no-trade.

Is this a permanent change? Is there any room for reconsideration?

My crown purchases have been limited only only by class. I purchased everything I needed without much consideration to the cost knowing that it wasnt a wasted purchase. Now, with no-trade, you are expecting that I will purchase duplicate items for subsequent characters. That will not be so.

Allow me explain. I purchased some gear that was rated at lvl 5.. knowing that it would be replaced at level 10 and so on. The price was not considered as I could use it again. Now I must value a 7000 crown ship that will only be good for (X) amount of nautical levels. That real time may only be a couple days. I will NOT be purchasing a single thing that costs real dollars knowing it will only last a few days depending on my play time and progress. Even at 1000c per $1, (current special), that $7 for a ship that may only last a couple days. And that doesnt even include all the components that I purchased along with it.

Im sure the other side is at least visible now. I truely hope you change it back as I am love my crown stuff.

Administrator
Hi!

Can you give me the exact names of the no-trade gear you're seeing?

Just looking for some more information here so we can research it further.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
Hi!

Can you give me the exact names of the no-trade gear you're seeing?

Just looking for some more information here so we can research it further.

Thanks!
Honestly,
There should be NO crown purchased item that is "No Trade".
Making ANY crown item "No Trade" is an indication we are expected to buy something multiple times, as required for each account. I think if we spend our hard earned dollars on something then we should be able to use it as we please, and REUSE it as we please on other pirates.

I do understand there are some items that simply arent "tradeable" like houses, and ships. I somewhat understand the houses situation, but a ship and/or ship gear purchased by crowns should be "tradeable" among the pirates on the purchasing account.

IMO, "No Trade" on crown items sends a bad message to KIs customers.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Would be happy to.

Captain Gunns Wheel - Lvl 5
Captain Gunns Guns - Lvl 8
Alto Velas (Sails) - Lvl 8
Monquista Rudder - Lvl 8
Goronado Figurehead - Lvl 8
Armor Fuerte - Lvl 8

On another character
Warbird Rudder - Lvl 16
Fox Spirit Figurehead - Lvl 16
War Shield Sails - Lvl 16
Captain Gunns Wheel - Lvl 5
Warpath Anchor - Lvl 16
Cougar Spirit Armor - Lvl 16
Thunder Spirit Cannons - Lvl 16

All of that is nautical that fits on my Monquista Ship (skiff) Lvl 16 from crown shop. And of course.. ships.. which can be carried with you "in a bottle" to be pulled at at every dock.. can not somehow be placed in the bank either.

I also sold to the vendor several lvl 5 pieces that would not transfer anymore just to make room for the higher level stuff. The pattern is.. all crown ship parts. I looked in the shop and they now ALL say "No trade - No Auction". I believe it is the No-Trade that is keeping me from exchanging them to alts. I understand the no auction part in preparation for the auction house. I dont agree with it, but at least understand it.

As you can see, when it sunk in that I would have to repeat the purchases for all 5 characters.. thats where I drew the line. Buying it all once for the lvl 16 gear cost coincidentally 16000 crowns. Even at the highest exchange rate that $16 for just a single aspect of the game that only last a week or so if you are driven to move ahead. Since there's 5 or 6 ships as you level.. were looking at $100 just to keep the latest in ships.. then multiply that times 5 for 1 character of each class.

I like the game.. I intend on playing it for some time. But its sets me back on the math the way its working.

I dont believe it started that way. It seems I traded my level 5 stuff from my first toon to an alt (the stuff that was sold). When I went to do it back to play a lower level toon for a bit.. thats when I noticed it would not move to the shared bank. Its greyed out. Then I noticed the new text of "no trade".

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Can I get an update on the progress or standing of this situation? I was hoping the no-trade crown items would have been changed by now.

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
eveque67 on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
Can I get an update on the progress or standing of this situation? I was hoping the no-trade crown items would have been changed by now.
/bump

Its been about 3 weeks.

I need to know if this is going to change or if this is by design and working as intended.

Administrator
eveque67 on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
/bump

Its been about 3 weeks.

I need to know if this is going to change or if this is by design and working as intended.
It will change I can't say when it will change, but I can verify that it will change.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
It will change I can't say when it will change, but I can verify that it will change.
Well it stinks that I sold all my no trade stuff since I'd moved on to higher level ships, but I'm glad it's going to change.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2012
so i guess i have to stop playing till it changes?
i am a level 50 Witchdoctor with meny crown ships and
gear for them.

i want to move them to the bank so i can use on other toons.

its not right to make us buy crown ships for each toon we make.

Administrator
iceie35 on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
so i guess i have to stop playing till it changes?
i am a level 50 Witchdoctor with meny crown ships and
gear for them.

i want to move them to the bank so i can use on other toons.

its not right to make us buy crown ships for each toon we make.
Just to be clear, ships and houses will not be trade-able through the shared bank; however, ship equipment is scheduled to change so you can trade it through the shared bank sometime in the future.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
While 'everything but ships' is an improvement, ships are some of the highest cost single items in the game, and while I certainly agree that quest reward ships should not be trade able, and I can see valid arguments for ships purchased with gold not being trade able. All Crown shop adventuring equipment should be able to be freely traded, and ships are definitely adventuring equipment.
In a game you may never outgrow a house, but in this game you will certainly outgrow a ship.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
I am very relieved to find out we will be able to put crown gear in our shared bank, the sooner the better ;) I do have a complaint, however. I purchased, in the crown shop, "horn of the ice warrior"; to my dismay, a few nautical miles down the skyway, i found, for gold, the EXACT same item, same stats and everything - just a different name. I think that if players go to the extra expense of purchasing crown gear, it should not be sold by vendors for gold as well. Especially when said item is not available for gold in the crown shop.

On a different crown note, just a suggestion that i also made on wiz several years ago - I think it would be really nice, especially since times being what they are, money is pretty tight everywhere - if there were a sort of crown bazaar, or crown refund. For example, you purchase a crown clothing and you use it at the level it is meant for, eventually on all six characters. After that it is totally useless. And I find it very stressful throwing crown items away :( Perhaps you could return crown items for crowns, even if it is only for a quarter of what you purchased it for. I, for one, would purchase many more crown outfits, mounts, etc.

Community Leader
tat stormsong on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
I am very relieved to find out we will be able to put crown gear in our shared bank, the sooner the better ;) I do have a complaint, however. I purchased, in the crown shop, "horn of the ice warrior"; to my dismay, a few nautical miles down the skyway, i found, for gold, the EXACT same item, same stats and everything - just a different name. I think that if players go to the extra expense of purchasing crown gear, it should not be sold by vendors for gold as well. Especially when said item is not available for gold in the crown shop.

On a different crown note, just a suggestion that i also made on wiz several years ago - I think it would be really nice, especially since times being what they are, money is pretty tight everywhere - if there were a sort of crown bazaar, or crown refund. For example, you purchase a crown clothing and you use it at the level it is meant for, eventually on all six characters. After that it is totally useless. And I find it very stressful throwing crown items away :( Perhaps you could return crown items for crowns, even if it is only for a quarter of what you purchased it for. I, for one, would purchase many more crown outfits, mounts, etc.
The could call the building where you go to trade in your Crown items for a fraction of the price you bought them for "CrownStop".

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Administrator
tat stormsong on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:

Regarding the "Horn of the Ice Warrior" crown shop item. Crown shop items usually have a lower level requirement than regular items, thus making it more powerful.

Could you give me more information about the Horn of the Ice Warrior that you found for gold?

Thanks!

Community Leader
Another approach to the obsolete crown gear issue might be instead of having KI buy it back at a somewhat reduced rate, I think it would serve KI better to offer us an option of "upgrading" the existing gear. This sets a process in place where KI doesnt have to "refund" anything, and continues to bring in additional income.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV