Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Misclicking the Fuel Booster Button

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
KI,

Is there a way to reduce the likelihood of players misclicking on the fuel booster button during the ship to ship fight? It happened to me so often.

It will be good if you guys can put in a simple confirmation button (Yes/No) to prevent accidentally clicking on the fuel booster button.

Alternatively, you can move the fuel button more to the right. Somewhere where players wont misclick.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
Personally, I liked the idea of having the Fuel Booster right closer to me. There are pros and cons with the Fuel Booster button and here are the reasons why:

Pros: By having the Fuel Booster close to you is grateful. Let's say you're in a tough battle and are on the brink of being defeated, you could easily click on the Boost and zip your way out of trouble. By adding a (Yes/No) button may take risk the chances of you being defeated or boarded. Typically I dislike boarding, it's a waste of time but, you get more items. Also you also risk the chance of losing all your progress by being defeated.

Cons: The Fuel Booster is not only a benefit but a disadvantage too. By misclicking the Fuel Booster you could easily zoom right into the windlane and also therefore lose all your progress. Therefore making it an annoyance to re-battle the ship you worked so hard on trying to defeat it.

As you can see, moving the fuel booster button has it's pros and cons. I can see how you may find it annoying, it happens to me a few times before.

Community Leader
Oh my, making me click a confirmation would ruin boost fuel/speed for me.

Boost fuel/speed is useful in battles, not just to travel fast.

When I use it, its often something I need in a hurry, that extra click would make me toast a lot of the time.

Making us click a confirmation would limit its use, which I dont see as an appropriate fix.
Curious as to how its getting misclicked? Its quite a bit above the attack buttons, at least on my screen. I do think I have clicked it by accident a couple times since i've played, but i've maxed 7 different pirates and have played throught the entire closed beta period. Not a very high rate of "oops!"

I would suggest using the number keys for battles, 1,2,3 and 4. They work faster, and are more reliable than the actual buttons in lower right of your screen, which I use simply to view timer updates.

Just my two gold dubbloons on the subject!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
Oh my, making me click a confirmation would ruin boost fuel/speed for me.

Boost fuel/speed is useful in battles, not just to travel fast.

When I use it, its often something I need in a hurry, that extra click would make me toast a lot of the time.

Making us click a confirmation would limit its use, which I dont see as an appropriate fix.
Curious as to how its getting misclicked? Its quite a bit above the attack buttons, at least on my screen. I do think I have clicked it by accident a couple times since i've played, but i've maxed 7 different pirates and have played throught the entire closed beta period. Not a very high rate of "oops!"

I would suggest using the number keys for battles, 1,2,3 and 4. They work faster, and are more reliable than the actual buttons in lower right of your screen, which I use simply to view timer updates.

Just my two gold dubbloons on the subject!
I chuckled at this issue, since it had never happened to me . . . and then last night it happened to me. The funny part is, I'm not even sure how it happened. I was using the mouse, so it had nothing to do with that. I was trying to click on a node as I sailed though some enemy ships and all of a sudden I heard a weird noise that I didn't recognize (I have only used the boost button half a dozen times in all my hours of playing) and I noticed that all my boost was now gone. Does the Z key activate boost? I can't find a hotkey for boost listed anywhere in the player's guide.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Talkin The Plank, yes it does. the Z key activates your boost tank. which means, alternatively, they could hide the boost button, but keep the shortcut.

Community Leader
Talkin The Plank on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
I chuckled at this issue, since it had never happened to me . . . and then last night it happened to me. The funny part is, I'm not even sure how it happened. I was using the mouse, so it had nothing to do with that. I was trying to click on a node as I sailed though some enemy ships and all of a sudden I heard a weird noise that I didn't recognize (I have only used the boost button half a dozen times in all my hours of playing) and I noticed that all my boost was now gone. Does the Z key activate boost? I can't find a hotkey for boost listed anywhere in the player's guide.
Actually I dont know if there is a "key" for boost fuel or not, would sure be nice. I still click on it when I want to use it. Most ship battles, I only use the mouse to.. a. Select Target, and b. Change view.

When im in a tight spot, I quickly click the boost with the mouse, so an extra click would limit my use of this feature.

With that in mind, adjusting its location wouldnt bother me a whole lot. Just thought id offer the key combo, as I find it far more efficient. I'd program the extra buttons on my gamers mouse to be 1,2,3, and 4 before i'd start using the buttons in the lower right. Another reason I use the numbers, is those buttons have often failed. They simply stop working from time to time and require the player to use "Select Pirate" to reset them.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Yes, Z turns the fuel booster on and off.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
May 27, 2009
Yep Z activates boost