Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please let unique boss items be trade-able.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Just what the title says.

Lately I've been seeing and noticing that unique items dropped from bosses such as captain blood, moo manchu and lo pan are not only marked no auction, but no trade as well. I can understand no auction, but not no trade as well.

A good majority of these bosses require you to go through a dungeon with multiple fights or a fight with multiple phases just to get a chance at these items. For some people, they don't have the time and/or the patience to farm for these items, and even for the ones that do, having the items be marked both no trade and no auction is just a real/crazy kick in the pants/slap to the face as well. Not everyone wants to farm a certain boss on multiple characters just to get those items for them as well.

So because of this, please consider making these unique boss drop items trade-able via the shared bank, but keep the no auction tab as well, so this way players will be able to get the item on one character and then be able to transfer/give it to the next character via the shared bank as well (it just saves allot of time and hardships in the long run if/when you think about it long enough).

Thank you for your time.

Developer
There are no plans to make unique boss items tradeable.

That would dilute the value of the item for those characters that have worked for them.

These items are meant to be rare.

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:

That would dilute the value of the item for those characters that have worked for them.

You mean rarely ever used....

If the item doesnt work for the class of pirate your on, its garbage.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
You mean rarely ever used....

If the item doesnt work for the class of pirate your on, its garbage.
This is just another way to milk the current game for every time sink it can plant on us.

I agree it should remain "No Auction" but please let us pass these items onto alts, otherwise they are just fancy vendor trash.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Ratbeard on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:

I understand that they're meant to be rare items, but when the drop rate of said items are fairly low, then it makes the item lose value in terms of uniqueness so-to-speak. Even if they were tradeable, with the drop rates the way they are they would still be rare items amongst the spiral, just tradable between different pirates on ones account.

If you won't make them tradable, then please at least take a look at the drop rates of some of these items, especially the ones in some of the longer dungeons like miranda and kow cheng's tomb for example.

Developer
All of the bosses drop rare gear, the class restricted stuff with class powers. This stuff is tradeable.

Some of the bosses drop unique gear (for example, Friar Sand's Blade, Metal Guardian's Helmet, etc.). This stuff is not tradeable.

If the unique gear comes up, that is a "cherry on top" of the rare loot table. And an uncommon loot table. And a pet table. And the rare housing items table. And the gold table.

There's lots of loot on bosses.

Whether or not you get a unique item as a matter of pure luck or through hard work, if you character has a unique item, it's something special and unique for that character, and not just something passed along like a family heirloom.