Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nerfed End-Game drops?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 08, 2012
Well, after recently farming, I found I got literally nothing good off Metal Guardian and Friar Sand, which have the end game gear I want, Ex. Metal Guardian's blade, Friar's assassin strike armor, and when I farmed them for about 20 kills each, I didnt get a single gear drop out of the 'epic' chest. Is this a game bug, or was end-game farming nerfed?

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
No it is not nerfed, but still really low, i am farming metal guardian's from tuesday (day of the patch) and i miss just the helmet, about friar sand luckly i got the 3x strike outfit pretty soon, but after a couple of days of farm, consider that doing instance 50-100 times is pretty normal for farming , with just 20 runs you could consider yourself ultralucky if you will find what you need.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
me and a few other lvl 50s noticed the drop rate being really low vs how it was before the last patch.

Farming Sand we was getting maybe 1 drop every 10 fights. Before the patch you could get something every battle regardless if it was good or not.

Idk about the other bosses since we was gold farming to finish lvling the last of our companions.I will test them out today thou

Crual Darius Blake (50 )

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Finished the metal guardian's set today finally, after four days of dedicated farming , so happy yarrrrr!

Ensign
Apr 05, 2012
I too have noticed a decrease in the amount and quality of gear drops from bosses.
On my first pirate to finish the story line I farmed for days and days to get my Witchdoctor gear and while doing so I managed to collect a wide assortment of No Auction gear for all pirates.
With my next 2 pirates to finish the story line, I noticed a big decrease in quality gear drops from bosses.

The Game Update Notes say:
Rewards from combat have improved! An overall rebalancing of loot has added over 145 new rare items to Pirate101. Loot tables throughout the game have also been rebalanced to provide a more equitable distribution of items for all classes.

Since the game updates, I have gone back to farm bosses in Mooshu and have found very few high quality gear drops.
I'm glad I got lucky on my first pirate and saved all the gear I farmed for my other pirates because the No Auction gear drops have declined dramatically.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
i agree that the drop rate was high before the patch

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Kamikazied on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
Well, after recently farming, I found I got literally nothing good off Metal Guardian and Friar Sand, which have the end game gear I want, Ex. Metal Guardian's blade, Friar's assassin strike armor, and when I farmed them for about 20 kills each, I didnt get a single gear drop out of the 'epic' chest. Is this a game bug, or was end-game farming nerfed?
20 times is not even that much. I did sand about 200 times to get his blade while farming gold. its a fast battle 1-2 turns. metal man no so much the case that's at least a 12-14 turn battle now at 65. Note one of the common drops in the epic chests is "gold" bear this in mind when farming 95% of the time your going to get just gold that's how it is. I do think this still needs tuning or second chance chests etc on long missions say like Rooke, metal tower ect. its a real drag to spend like 30minutes+ on a map to get gold and no drops or even a second chance chest. The chests always give items too when you find them. =) unlike wizard unless its changed you can spend 50.,100, 200, 400 then do the map over and start out at 50, 100, 200 again. In wizard the chest does not release after its used so if you come back it would be 800 or the next buy amount is

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Just buy the second chance chests it a 100% Chance to get the gear

Canny hank ushawe Lvl 27 nearly 28

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
loconico553 on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Just buy the second chance chests it a 100% Chance to get the gear

Canny hank ushawe Lvl 27 nearly 28
does not mean you will get the item you want. you can use the chest and keep getting say the helmet over and over when you want the blade for example.