Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crazy Battle Drops!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Today I was fighting the Ettins, and I realized that my first battle with them gave me over 4000 gold! :D The second battle with them, however, only gave me about 500 gold. :l Still okay, but how does it get from 4000 all the way to 500? The first battle was even easier than the second! I fought a third battle, to finish the quest, and I was awarded about 150 gold. >_< How does that happen? In that battle I even lost a companion! It was that hard! Please explain this to me.

Have a Great Day! Lvl 61

Community Leader
From fight to fight against the same enemies, how easy or hard each batte was has nothing to do with it as far as I've seen. It seems each creature gets assigned a random treasure chest prize (an item or gold amount within a particular range, usually based on their level). The more enemies involved in a particular fight, the more chests you get, so the more gold you'll get in the long run - but there are always extreme cases either way. Some times you could get really lucky and all the chests scored near the top of their gold range, other times could be unlucky and their chests are all at the lower end.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
I believe that all drops and chests are randomized. -shrug-

Seriously though, that IS crazy!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
had a funny happen the other night. 2 battles of the same map.

zeena battle farming
I went in had 4 total waited a turn 2 friends ported in we finished it. 4k each in gold and two item drops ( not what we wanted but still)

battle 2 had them both port in right away

we had 16 this time, took longer but we received about the same gold and NO DROPS

so you never know :)