Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Isn't Skull Island a parody of Skull Island?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
You may be confused right now but do any of you the movie "King Kong,". King Kong might've drawn a reference to Gortez as he was a monkey and was a King in Skull Island. King Kong must've drawn some inspiration to Pirate101's Skull Island. It could also be a mere coincidence.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Sniper Rose on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
You may be confused right now but do any of you the movie "King Kong,". King Kong might've drawn a reference to Gortez as he was a monkey and was a King in Skull Island. King Kong must've drawn some inspiration to Pirate101's Skull Island. It could also be a mere coincidence.
That's an excellent theory, Miss Rose. (If I may call you that.) It could be a coincidence, but nice eagle eye with the comparison.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Community Leader
Sniper Rose on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
Probably a mix between that and Skeleton Island (of the book Treasure Island)

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
That's an excellent theory, Miss Rose. (If I may call you that.) It could be a coincidence, but nice eagle eye with the comparison.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Sure, you can call me that. Also I made a video on Youtube doing a Let's Play and when I uploaded it, I seen allot of King Kong videos and a Minecraft Map one which looked like the King Kong one, not the Pirate one.
@Talkin the Plank You're probably right.
Write more on this post if you have any more ideas to add on. Hopefully if we get this post to another Flame again like my last one which died, Blind Mew might come and answer the question! I hope you do!