Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The giant machine.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 15, 2009
Hello, I am not sure about this but there is a big machine in Valencia that the skyway leads into but we can't go there yet. So 2 questions... Is that machine the big dungeon that was towed into Marleybone? and if not, when do we get to go in there? not the dungeon lol, I mean the place in Valencia.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I'm not sure when exactly we get into the "Machine" but I have a feeling that it might turn out to be an Armada factory. They way it and other smaller Armada bases in Valencia are digging up the Islands to gather resources suggests that the larger machine might be where the Armada is actually built.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
TheFrostMusketeer on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Hello, I am not sure about this but there is a big machine in Valencia that the skyway leads into but we can't go there yet. So 2 questions... Is that machine the big dungeon that was towed into Marleybone? and if not, when do we get to go in there? not the dungeon lol, I mean the place in Valencia.
No clue when we are going in there but I can tell when we do it wont be good. And no that "machine" is much bigger and was not the dungeon. I have heard many different opinions some say it is cadiz where kane and that could be true because I remember hearing cadiz was the middle of Valencia and that machine could be cadiz. Others say that it is the grand design that the armada has been working on. And what I rarely hear is that it is supposed to be something that will destroy all living things in the spiral. (pretty sure the last one is not rue but who knows)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I think the armada was trying to take us to 'The Machine' once they captured us pirates. We were an experiment to see if their creation worked, and that's why their so mad that we got away. 'The Machine' is made to copy all living creatures and duplicate them into clockworks, that way they have the skill of us pirates without the resistance; instead, they've got reliable working soldiers that have an incredible amount of skill in fighting and working with others.

Ensign
Jan 06, 2011
I'm not sure what exactly the Machine is. There's a lot of speculation. Here are some of my theories.
  1. The Machine is an example of what's going to happen to the rest of the Spiral once the Armada gets their hands (gears?) on it.
  2. It's the main fortress, where all the Clockworks are built, programmed, and deployed.
  3. It's a prison or a giant evil genius experiment of some sort, and it's the means by which Kane will follow through with his Grand Design.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The thing I find intriguing is that skyways enter it. That suggests to me it is a place we will sail, not just dock with. There could be stormgates in there! I'm not sure if it is a destination itself, or a giant fort guarding a number of stormgates to other worlds, I hope both.
Perhaps as we enter, we will pass little mechanical clockworks dancing and singing the praises of the empire of clockworks there will be, after they have conquered the Spiral. Clockworks in Aquilan togas, Monquistan armor, Cool Ranch hats, and Marleybone uniforms all sing, "It's Kane's worlds after all..." LOL