Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Queen of the Clockworks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
I'm excited. I haven't fought Rooke or Bishop yet but, I'm excited for our female antagonist. What do you guys expect from her? Share with me your thoughts. What will her personality be like? What class will she be? What kind of battle will she host?
As I said before, I'm very excited for our female antagonist and have spent a bit of time in-game discussing her with friends and outside of the game daydreaming occasionally of what she might be like.
I thought that since there was a chess / royal court theme going on with the higher-ups of the Armada her name might be simply Queen. I figured that she would be refined intellectual with an bone-chilling glare and a personality to match. A skilled Privateer who wields a sharp rapier that has a black blade and a golden guard, grip, and pommel. She would also have dominion over lightning and a twisted temper that strikes quicker than the lightning. After thwarting whatever plan she has, she would be absolutely ruthless in battle.
I imagine since she's a Privateer she would have at least one of two fleets of clockworks to support. The goal in the battle would be "Defeat Queen" but the queen herself would only be in-range for attack after defeating her clockwork minions, however, though you can't attack her she could still use buffs to help them out. I think it would be fitting that even after defeating them all since she is a Privateer after all she would have an ability that summons companions (perhaps battle angels or other female clockworks) to the battle field even after her fleets have been defeated. The summoned companions would have one major heal each and the queen herself might have two superior heals and a superior group heal as well as some of the best Privateer buffs (i.e. Accuracy-Dodge Boost, Damage Protection, maybe a Damage booster). Yes, I did make the battle difficult on purpose because Privateers rule, she is the second-to-last clockwork, and girls run the world lol.

That's my 'Queen' what do you guys want her to be like?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
The Kane's Court thread discusses quite a bit of this. However, my thinking is that the female clockwork's information was held back from the players in preparation for an unexpected reveal. Some say that she's not all who she is pictured to be. I'm thinking that Queen'll play a role in our map piece steal from the Armada. If Queen were to be a part of some reveal, would she have the chance to have some personality at all?

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
I would rather see her as a swashbuckler. Somewhere on these boards, someone mentioned a certain female character from the 3 musketeers, saying that Queen might be just like her, deceiving, carries poison, a VERY dirty fighter (which means she cheats, A LOT), and a very ingenious leader I might add. She would be filled to the brim with vanity, always talking about how pretty she looks, always having confidence in herself, always obsessing over her own looks, she doesn't care about anyone except for her and Kane, gets into an ASTRONOMICALLY nasty temper phase if you even if point out a single flaw, always having others follow her every command, and I bet someone would say "If you look up the meaning of Vanity in the dictionary, you will find her name in the definition.".

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Quentin Atherton on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
I would rather see her as a swashbuckler. Somewhere on these boards, someone mentioned a certain female character from the 3 musketeers, saying that Queen might be just like her, deceiving, carries poison, a VERY dirty fighter (which means she cheats, A LOT), and a very ingenious leader I might add. She would be filled to the brim with vanity, always talking about how pretty she looks, always having confidence in herself, always obsessing over her own looks, she doesn't care about anyone except for her and Kane, gets into an ASTRONOMICALLY nasty temper phase if you even if point out a single flaw, always having others follow her every command, and I bet someone would say "If you look up the meaning of Vanity in the dictionary, you will find her name in the definition.".
I'm flattered you remembered my post, Monsieur Quentin. Yes, I was thinking of the deadly, cunning villainess, Milady, from _The Three Musketeers_ and applying the possibility to the female clockwork. I like your idea, Quentin, that she could be beset with Vanity... that sounds very logical to me. Could be very unsettling. After all, Blind Mew said each of the elite had their own 'quirks', and so far the quirks we have seen can be quite disturbing. Blind Mew had also given us a hint that of the elites, each one could be expected to be as strong/as fast/ as intelligent, etc. as Kane, but being lesser, not combine those virtues the way Kane does. Her being a swashbuckler to me seemed logical as I expected of the elites, Bishop to have the greatest intelligence, Rooke to have the greatest strength, Deacon to have the most cunning, and thus What's-Her-Name to have the greatest agility. (and where does Phule come in? I don't know. He is not at all easy to figure out, is he?)

But, as Mademoiselle Scarlet pointed out on another thread, it is always a good idea to have more than one hypothesis in mind. After all, none of us know (well, outside KI of course!); we're just having fun speculating!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
DS Devereaux on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
The Kane's Court thread discusses quite a bit of this. However, my thinking is that the female clockwork's information was held back from the players in preparation for an unexpected reveal. Some say that she's not all who she is pictured to be. I'm thinking that Queen'll play a role in our map piece steal from the Armada. If Queen were to be a part of some reveal, would she have the chance to have some personality at all?

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux
Oh sorry. I wasn't aware. I only recently started posting on the forums so I haven't really gotten the chance to bother with threads that may already be posted. My post probably would've been ignored either way XD

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
Now that is quite an interesting notion! It would be very very interesting to see her turn out this way. Great analogy, wonderful idea. I just want to meet her already lol

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
RuthlessKelseyLife... on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Oh sorry. I wasn't aware. I only recently started posting on the forums so I haven't really gotten the chance to bother with threads that may already be posted. My post probably would've been ignored either way XD
No, of course it wouldn't be ignored, Miss Kelsey! And it was a good post too, with a well thought out idea. Indeed, yours is a good hypothesis about the mysterious female clockwork! After all we are all having fun speculating about what the future holds (and especially, what our worst enemies are up to) and the more hypotheses the better. And Blind Mew and his team are sure to surprise us anyway!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I would also love to see Queen as an allusion to the Countess de Winter (my favourite literary villain), but up till now I was trying to think of a suitable way that KI could use the character of Milady de Winter, I have to say that Quentin, you kinda solved that. I think you're version of de Winter would work perfectly.

Also, Mercie Anne for the compliment.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
RuthlessKelseyLife... on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
No way can your post be ignored. It has so much wonderful details. You make this sound so much scarier. Like a great thriller movie that makes me jump with unexpected effects and plot changes. Your thoughts are great and I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Well done.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
I expect she will be the be like queen elizibeth from pirates band of misfits or two types of villians mixed in one i think she will act royalily and be in love with kane...but somewhat sadistic to pirates i feel like she will be either a witchdoctor swashbuckler or privatter i think we will fight her in chapter 15 thats what i think she will be in pirate101