Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Practice dummies

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 02, 2008
I initially thought of wanting this as a Housing item perk though where or how it got implemented wouldn't matter so much if the KI folk like the idea well enough.

I'd like a practice dummy (or an array of them arranged to fit different attack templates) that I can practice attacks and effects on without the timer and in a non-combat environment. My rationale is wanting to test new powers (or newly enhanced powers), weapons, and equipment loadouts without the risk of a bad setup costing me a battle.

My suggestions for implementation:
  • a dummy (like those around the Monquistan Opposition Stronghold) that you interact with to enter 'combat'
  • using 'flee' to exit combat
  • targets with unlimited health and/or slow regeneration
  • Abilities cycling through for repeat testing
I mostly just want more excuses to spend productive time in the different housing environments, but as a feature implemented in other MMOs I enjoy this feels like a natural fit with the broad array of stat enhancements.

Thanks for reading!

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
GraverobberTX on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I initially thought of wanting this as a Housing item perk though where or how it got implemented wouldn't matter so much if the KI folk like the idea well enough.

I'd like a practice dummy (or an array of them arranged to fit different attack templates) that I can practice attacks and effects on without the timer and in a non-combat environment. My rationale is wanting to test new powers (or newly enhanced powers), weapons, and equipment loadouts without the risk of a bad setup costing me a battle.

My suggestions for implementation:
  • a dummy (like those around the Monquistan Opposition Stronghold) that you interact with to enter 'combat'
  • using 'flee' to exit combat
  • targets with unlimited health and/or slow regeneration
  • Abilities cycling through for repeat testing
I mostly just want more excuses to spend productive time in the different housing environments, but as a feature implemented in other MMOs I enjoy this feels like a natural fit with the broad array of stat enhancements.

Thanks for reading!
Exalent idea,love it.