Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

best weapon?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
whats the best weapon in the game? the title gives the question
(back round info to help you think of the best weapon)
i'm level 65 privateer side schools are and
thank you for the help

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
What the "Best Weapon" is, is really a matter of opinion, if your going up against an enemy with high armor, than you might want a weapon with high armor penetration, if you going up against a swashbuckler with low armor but high damage, you might want a weapon with high damage to take him out quickly. In my opinion, blades of shade are the best weapons for swashbucklers, and the axe of the minotaur lords is the best for buccaneers and privateers, don't know about the others though.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
The praetorian spear found in the Ithica dungeon is the best weapon. It has great damage and gives armor piercing stats. Not even the blades of shade are better than it. It's a smashy weapon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
It depends on class, skills, stats you boost the highest and individual preferences in battle but here are some options w/ links to the items and drop sources from pirate101 central wiki.

Shooty Weapon (includes all shooty class combinations)

Firebird Set- 150-250 and +14 Armor boost. Best shooty weapon- includes nice looking shield. Dropped by Grohl in Aquila
Dragoon Autocannon- 134-224 base damage has power Megablast. Dropped by Rooke

MELEE WEAPONS W/ BONUS DAMAGE FROM STRENGTH

(2 categories)

High damage + Stat Bonus
Praetorian Spear- 167-279 base damage and +15% Armor Penetration. Best melee weapon based on damage boost from strength. Drop- Antinous
Antinous' Shield- 145-241 base damage and +14 Armor boost. Dropped by Antinous
Ettin's Pauldron- 145-241 base damage and +14 Armor boost. Dropped by Khagan
Coetl's Needles- 151-251 base damage, + 7 Armor and +10% Armor Penetration. Received from (good luck) Tribal Crew Pack

Highest Damage Only
Hykssoss' Falchion- 167-279 base damage. Dropped by Hykssoss
Sword of Talos- 167-279 base damage. Dropped by Talos
Hammer of Anax- 167-279 base damage. Dropped by Anax
Trident- 165-275 base damage. Dropped by Captain Pluton

MELEE WEAPONS W/ BONUS DAMAGE FROM AGILITY

Blades of Shade- 160-266 (magical damage), +7 Armor, +20% Armor Penetration. Dropped by Cadmus
Pugio Brace- 158-263 base damage. Dropped by Captain Spartacos
Azure Serpent Shards- 151-251 base damage and +30% Armor Penetration. Received (good luck) from Tribal Crew Pack.

STAFFY WEAPONS (includes all staffy weapons w/ damage bonus from will)

Medea's Crook- 137-229 base damage. Dropped by Medea
Chimera Staff- 135-225 base damage. Dropped by Atropos
Manticore Cudgel- 135-225 base damage. Dropped by Atropos and Zeena
Chimeric Brace- 135-225 base damage. Dropped by Atropos and Talthybius
Tartarus Set- 135-225 base damage. Dropped by Zeena

Hope this helps. I probably missed some others and more drop sources for some of the weapons- but these are what they currently list on wiki.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
It depends on class, skills, stats you boost the highest and individual preferences in battle but here are some options w/ links to the items and drop sources from pirate101 central wiki.

Firebird Set- 150-250 and +14 Armor boost. Best shooty weapon- includes nice looking shield. Dropped by Grohl in Aquila

(2 categories)

High damage + Stat Bonus
Praetorian Spear- 167-279 base damage and +15% Armor Penetration. Best melee weapon based on damage boost from strength. Drop- Antinous
Coetl's Needles- 151-251 base damage, + 7 Armor and +10% Armor Penetration. Received from (good luck) Tribal Crew Pack

Highest Damage Only

Blades of Shade- 160-266 (magical damage), +7 Armor, +20% Armor Penetration. Dropped by Cadmus
Azure Serpent Shards- 151-251 base damage and +30% Armor Penetration. Received (good luck) from Tribal Crew Pack.

Hope this helps. I probably missed some others and more drop sources for some of the weapons- but these are what they currently list on wiki.
My goodness I think this deserves an award for most time spent and most helpful details and awesome links put into a post to help pirates. You must be exhausted.
This is beyond well done. I think I am gonna have to start calling you The Professor.
This is stunning work. *Gives gift certificate for basket of carbs and sweets to replenish all the energy lost creating this fine post from the Bakeries of The Highlander Fox*

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
My goodness I think this deserves an award for most time spent and most helpful details and awesome links put into a post to help pirates. You must be exhausted.
This is beyond well done. I think I am gonna have to start calling you The Professor.
This is stunning work. *Gives gift certificate for basket of carbs and sweets to replenish all the energy lost creating this fine post from the Bakeries of The Highlander Fox*
Thank you Chrissy. Although it didn't take quite as long as you would think. Mainly because I had 3 or 4 internet tabs open to the different weapons and creatures subcategories on the wiki site. I just typed the whole thing up and at the end added all of the hyperlinks by quickly switching back and forth between the different tabs, copying and pasting the web pages and adding the hyperlinks. After the first few times it went relatively fast- well maybe not too fast. Only problem is that I wanted to try to put it on the PHP thread but I know that we are not supposed to just copy and paste to repost a post. One thing is for sure though, I probably won't be attempting it again anytime soon...or maybe I just might be crazy enough to try. Maybe an exception could be given and I can repost it with some slight changes.

All the goodies from "The Highlander Fox's" will be well received and you must have been the fly on the wall, knowing that is what I needed, seeing as I downed quite a few cups of Mountan Dew and a few gratuitous snacks.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, I think I am working my way up to creating some guides on central...we shall see.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013

(2 categories)

High damage + Stat Bonus

Highest Damage Only

good guide and thank you as chrissy th' blesser said you should get an award

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

(2 categories)

High damage + Stat Bonus

Highest Damage Only

I forgot to add one to the Melee high damage list- ninja pirate mentioned it as a great option and it looks pretty awesome, so here are the stats and links.

Axe of the Minotaur Lords- 167-279 base damage (boosted by strength). Dropped by Pholcos

Enjoy the new weapons...after a LOT patience of course waiting for the drops.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I forgot to add one to the Melee high damage list- ninja pirate mentioned it as a great option and it looks pretty awesome, so here are the stats and links.

Axe of the Minotaur Lords- 167-279 base damage (boosted by strength). Dropped by Pholcos

Enjoy the new weapons...after a LOT patience of course waiting for the drops.
ty for the great guide i know have axe of minotaur and a weapon for my newly made witchdoctor

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
privateerking on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
ty for the great guide i know have axe of minotaur and a weapon for my newly made witchdoctor
You are very welcome privateerking. I am happy to have helped you. As you may have noticed, I put the guide on the PHP thread too and I hope to add a new weapon guide for any future content and worlds once they arrive and the great weapons are discovered. After playing through and finishing whatever the new content that is sure to be unveiled very soon (ooh, I do hope), I will be sure to post an update on PHP.

Anyways, again glad to have assisted you...now go have some fun doing damage with the that massive minotaur axe.