Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hoodoo Bundle

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Alyssa Radcliffe on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Just wondering if it would be more beneficial to offer all bundles via your site as well as in stores. I know from past experience with both Wizard 101 and Pirate 101 bundles I have spent way too much time spinning my wheels traveling from one store to another in search of bundles. I think you would definitely see an increase in sales in offering them via your sites as well
Our contract with the company that distributes these cards limits our ability to sell them online while they are available in retail stores.

I am happy that Pirate101 players are now able to purchase the Cutthroat Bundle and the Admiral Bundle online though! I'm even happier when we get to offer you discounts on those bundles directly!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Our contract with the company that distributes these cards limits our ability to sell them online while they are available in retail stores.

I am happy that Pirate101 players are now able to purchase the Cutthroat Bundle and the Admiral Bundle online though! I'm even happier when we get to offer you discounts on those bundles directly!
You betcha, when you have those delightful sales it's almost silly NOT to get them

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
I contacted the distributors and haven't heard back from them. That was back in February. I kind of just have given up on looking for the Hoodoo packs. I actually traveled all around Ohio (went to about 7 different walmarts) and none of them knew what I was talking about. I determined that Ohio doesn't carry the hoodoo pack. Tough luck for my level 65 witchdoctor pirate. Very disappointed :(

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have been checking our Wal Mart fairly regularly since the card was announced - a bit less frequently over time, but still a couple of times a week. Somewhere between last Friday night and about 7:15 this morning, they put some out. Interestingly, there were only about 10 there. So either they sold a lot of them of them over about a three day period, or the local store did not receive nearly as many cards as normal. Which leads me to think there has been a distribution problem internal to WM. So, if you have not checked recently, it might be worth checking again: if there was a hold-up at one of the central warehouses, your store may also have received them recently. Good hunting, everyone.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jan 12, 2012
DarbyWindlass on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Is anyone else having problems trying to find the Hoodoo Bundle card at Walmart? I went to three different Walmart's looking for the card and neither of the stores carried them. Even when I try looking it up on walmart.com they have other Pirate 101 cards listed, but not the Hoodoo Bundle. This is getting frustrating. I am in NJ. Just wondering if they don't carry it here? Anyone know how I might be able to obtain one? Thanks in advance.
I live less than an hour from KI in Austin and can't find it anywhere near by ... I couldn't even find it at walmart.com to get an emailed code.

Good luck - I hope you find it soon.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Funny thing is when i went to Kansas City I was looking for a $10 gift card but all they had was a hoodoo bundle.

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Funny thing is when i went to Kansas City I was looking for a $10 gift card but all they had was a hoodoo bundle.

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer
Lol looks like their only in Kansas City sadly i'm in Arizona not Kansas City thx for letting everyone know ;)

Fearless Maya Nelsonlvl 51 Buccaneer

Practical Brooke Fairleadlvl 15 Witchdoctor

(Same person also I made every pirate you can make :P)

Ensign
May 16, 2010
Ok I just got back from Walmart and they do have the cards, they're just in a box behind the check out counter in the electronics section

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I even drove 4 hours away from my house, to finally locate a Walmart, to finally buy my third bundle the Hoodoo one, guess what they didn't have it. That was a pain in the neck and was a wasted effort, really a 4 hour drive for this ? At least I got a card,from the CVS store near by.

Ensign
Jun 21, 2013
No luck finding the Hoodoo bundle in NC either. Frustrating!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Smiling Bart on May 13, 2014 wrote:
No luck finding the Hoodoo bundle in NC either. Frustrating!
Hi Bart, welcome to the message boards. So sorry you are having such a hard time locating a cooperating Walmart. After many months my area Kansas one finally stocked them. Jack said they are working with them to get them out there for us. Perhaps more emails and rattling of the Walmart public relations cages will also stir things up in our favor.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2009
I work at Walmart, and we've had them on the shelves since they came out at my store. I am thinking the other stores are NOT doing there mods every monday. They have been on the PC software mod since KI released them. The cheaper cards are not on the mods,and that drives me crazy as I have to buy them online.
Walmart is enlarging their electronics department so make sure you email/call and ask them to carry more of the wizard 101 and pirate 101 cards so they will. They do listen to customers.

That said, a lot of those that work at Walmart are familiar with the games, so if you go looking you have to tell them it's an online game card you are looking for, and ask for the PC software area.

Ensign
May 03, 2009
Well this apparently still an issue I am in NC and have been looking for about 2 months now and have visited or called about a half dozen store. Most of them had no idea what I was talking about and pretty much denied responsibility. They stated that it was an independent party that came in and did all the game cards and that they couldn't provide me with any information. Even when I asked point blank if they could check to see if they had ever had any inventory, they stated that they could not. I find it highly unlikely that a store like Walmart isn't capable of checking to see if something has been in their inventory and this was at a store that had a marked location for the Hoodoo Bundle. So it's not like the store had nothing to go on, it had a label location with a bar code, I mean come on, seriously? I went in a week later and found Elder Scroll cards stocked there. I pointed it out to them and they still couldn't provide me with any information and when I went back this week the same Elder Scroll cards were still in the spot, which is funny since they claimed that they were going to be doing inventory during that time.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2009
I noticed a typo in my reply, I meant most associates are not familiar with the cards. And a vendor (Mosiac) does come and take the cards away and drop them off, but no we set the modulars.
And unfortunetly without a upc or item number we can't look things up- very old system. Make them look it on the kisok that can go online - if the connection center is in electronics at your store, it's usually the kiosk there, or the photo dept computer can go to walmart.com too- and get the upc and then type that in "perpetual inventory" on their telzon.
(If they show inventory, and binned it properly they will be able to find them.)

Hope that helps!

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Well...after months of looking...I found it. A store that I shop at weekly had the Hoodoo bundle stocked finally. I had been checking this store and others for the longest time and now that the waiting is over all I can say is...WOW! What a great bundle! I've been playing Pirate101 since it started and have purchased every bundle ever offered except I think for the Cutthroat bundle (which I'm sure I'll get around to eventually). The Hoodoo bundle is insanely good. The degree to which you can customize the ship is amazing. The Witchdoctors Lab is more than amazing. It's...super amazing. Also, I love the new 'standard' totems. Both totems from the Empire and Hoodoo bundles are really cool. Not just for the boost they give your companions but because they are so visually stunning. Every time I use one, anyone who is with me goes..."Woah! That is so cool!" And they're right. It is. Thanks for a great bundle KI and keep up the amazingly good and cool and super funnerific work.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for the information, Mittensk.

It is a great bundle, and I wish there was some way to help those of you who still cannot find them locally.

One thing I did a couple of years back with a Wizard101 bundle I couldn't fin was have a friend in another state buy the card for me and then he called me with the activation code.

-Indigo