Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please add a "Lock Item System"

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Yesterday, I was farming like I always do, trying to get some rare No Auction gear with powers. As my backpack becomes full I often sell it at the vendors on Skull Island. However, I made the mistake yesterday, accidentally selling something I definitely did not want to because of lag (I need to get a new computer). I quickly contacted support and luckily received the item back today, but they said it was a one time courtesy and that I should be more careful when selling and trashing items. I clicked once to many which was the first time in the 6 months I've been playing, I'm very careful when selling items for this very reason.

Anyways, long story short, I think KI should introduce some kind of locking system so this kind of mistake does not happen again, especially if I'm only going to get a one time courtesy to restore the item. It took me an entire week of farming to finally get the item I sold. Yes, I could farm for it again, but that would be truly frustrating, knowing that I had and lost it. Also, what options would I have if it was a crown shop item I accidentally sold? Buy it again with crowns? Doesn't really seem fair to have to have to buy back the virtual item with crowns (usually bought with real money) when all I received when selling it was pirate gold (virtual money).

I strongly urge KI to introduce a locking item system since I know I'm not the first nor will I be the last pirate to ever make this mistake. Please feel free to leave comments if you agree or disagree.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
If I were you, I will equip the item first then sell or choose the item in front of it then start selling. Be careful when it is near the sell box.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wicked Victor Arms... on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Yesterday, I was farming like I always do, trying to get some rare No Auction gear with powers. As my backpack becomes full I often sell it at the vendors on Skull Island. However, I made the mistake yesterday, accidentally selling something I definitely did not want to because of lag (I need to get a new computer). I quickly contacted support and luckily received the item back today, but they said it was a one time courtesy and that I should be more careful when selling and trashing items. I clicked once to many which was the first time in the 6 months I've been playing, I'm very careful when selling items for this very reason.

Anyways, long story short, I think KI should introduce some kind of locking system so this kind of mistake does not happen again, especially if I'm only going to get a one time courtesy to restore the item. It took me an entire week of farming to finally get the item I sold. Yes, I could farm for it again, but that would be truly frustrating, knowing that I had and lost it. Also, what options would I have if it was a crown shop item I accidentally sold? Buy it again with crowns? Doesn't really seem fair to have to have to buy back the virtual item with crowns (usually bought with real money) when all I received when selling it was pirate gold (virtual money).

I strongly urge KI to introduce a locking item system since I know I'm not the first nor will I be the last pirate to ever make this mistake. Please feel free to leave comments if you agree or disagree.
When I receive something I want to keep I Go Home immediately and put it in my Bank. Then I sell what I don't want, glad to know KI will restore an accidently sold item ( even if only once )