Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Advanced Companions

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Hey guys, I just want to ask what you all think of the new advanced companions.
Personally, I think it's a pretty good idea, I get enough gold, so healing wounds won't be a problem :P plus I have allot of companions and my collection is not near the end.
I know that allot of people like it the way it is, but we will all learn to cope with it.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
it is not a bad idea, and privateers will gain from it immensly

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Hey I agree with you Tyler...

Everyone want everything to be so easy, and then they fuss when the game gets old.

Community Leader
Going to have to wait and see on this one really.

Many of us are long time KI fans, that play KI games BECAUSE of their casual approach/easy play nature. When they start stepping it up, they lose their casual nature, and become "just another mmo", having blurred their specific "niche" in the industry that we sought after.

There is too much "change" all at once, and nothing "new" that is interesting to me after waiting so very long for a content update. I have no interest in any form of PVP. This update doesn't appear to add anything to the game for me and my friends to move forward with, we remain stagnated, nowhere to go, nothing to do. Subscription unlikely to be renewed unless we get new story content to move forward.

Appreciate they are working on the game, but waiting for a forward step, not a side step.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Noble Tyler Strong on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys, I just want to ask what you all think of the new advanced companions.
Personally, I think it's a pretty good idea, I get enough gold, so healing wounds won't be a problem :P plus I have allot of companions and my collection is not near the end.
I know that allot of people like it the way it is, but we will all learn to cope with it.
I'm a little confused at the "Advanced Companions" that you're talking about. It's a little convoluted to me; are you talking about the same subject as the one on this page? Or something else. Because if its about the same subject that Awesome Pirate was talking about, than no. Sorry but I want the old policy to continue on! I love it! So I would disagree with you, sorry.

Slick Luke Noble, lvl. 65 Musketeer
Strong Andy Armstrong, lvl. 65 Privateer

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
i cant wait! a bigger and better challenge is going to be epic to play with!

Mathew Walker 65
Sly Sloan Silver 60

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I bet that most players are upset about this new advanced companions thing, but we can't all be happy about each update, KI works hard to bring in new stuff all the time, I think they deserve credit, and if the new advanced companion thing doesn't work too well, then they can change it in a later update, but for now we just have to work with it.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
1Of1Musketeer on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
I'm a little confused at the "Advanced Companions" that you're talking about. It's a little convoluted to me; are you talking about the same subject as the one on this page? Or something else. Because if its about the same subject that Awesome Pirate was talking about, than no. Sorry but I want the old policy to continue on! I love it! So I would disagree with you, sorry.

Slick Luke Noble, lvl. 65 Musketeer
Strong Andy Armstrong, lvl. 65 Privateer
yep he is talking about the same Advanced companions, the sneak peek page has a link that shows all the new advanced companions have to offer (I am so sending all my weak companions to go do some Nautical Exp farming)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Noble Tyler Strong on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
I bet that most players are upset about this new advanced companions thing, but we can't all be happy about each update, KI works hard to bring in new stuff all the time, I think they deserve credit, and if the new advanced companion thing doesn't work too well, then they can change it in a later update, but for now we just have to work with it.
Actually, we don't have to work with it. It's a choice that can be made by anyone who plays the game. I guarantee that what KI will put in test realm won't vary much when it goes live. The whole pet and companion thing won't change.

And yeah, I bet most players are upset. One of the problems is, it's too much too soon. Weaning us into some changes would have been better, but to me, it's changing how the game is played, which was working just fine. It was uncomplicated. I didn't have to do a bunch of extra stuff to get ready for battle, or prep my pets or companions. I was able to enjoy the content and storyline without interference. It was relaxing and fun.

I will still keep a somewhat open mind and may check it out in test realm. Right now, at this point, I'm not a happy camper. After the new changes go live, I'm not sure how I will feel, so I'm not going to jump to conclusions and watch until my membership comes up. When that happens, then I will make my decision on whether I want to continue with the game.

Brynn

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
Actually, we don't have to work with it. It's a choice that can be made by anyone who plays the game. I guarantee that what KI will put in test realm won't vary much when it goes live. The whole pet and companion thing won't change.

And yeah, I bet most players are upset. One of the problems is, it's too much too soon. Weaning us into some changes would have been better, but to me, it's changing how the game is played, which was working just fine. It was uncomplicated. I didn't have to do a bunch of extra stuff to get ready for battle, or prep my pets or companions. I was able to enjoy the content and storyline without interference. It was relaxing and fun.

I will still keep a somewhat open mind and may check it out in test realm. Right now, at this point, I'm not a happy camper. After the new changes go live, I'm not sure how I will feel, so I'm not going to jump to conclusions and watch until my membership comes up. When that happens, then I will make my decision on whether I want to continue with the game.

Brynn
" I guarantee that what KI will put in test realm won't vary much when it goes live. The whole pet and companion thing won't change."I suspect that you are not speaking from test realm experience. I have taken part in several test realms and many things were changed that were causing player issues. When you haven't played the raw test you have no idea how valuable our reactions to it truly are. A lot of bosses were toned down and many things changed strictly on our input. The team at KingsIsle truly care how we feel about the game and they do all they can to make it the game we will love. Please don't dismiss the importance of test realm. It is not just for final polish. Anything can change in test.