Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is it too early...?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
I have a level 12 swashbuckler who just finished the Gold Monkey storyline, and I know my level is a little low, but is it too early to make a Musketeer? I haven't tried that class yet and it sounds like a pretty good class, (You get a UNICORN companion in Valencia too, who wouldn't want that?!?) so can you guys tell me if it is too early or not?

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
You might as make a Musketeer to get the tutorial and prologue out of the way.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Luke Darkrunner on Apr 13, 2014 wrote:
I have a level 12 swashbuckler who just finished the Gold Monkey storyline, and I know my level is a little low, but is it too early to make a Musketeer? I haven't tried that class yet and it sounds like a pretty good class, (You get a UNICORN companion in Valencia too, who wouldn't want that?!?) so can you guys tell me if it is too early or not?
Well I don't think "Early" really factors in. You can make a new pirate any time you like. They all start out at level one and you start your fun from there. Then you can switch back and forth depending on what style you feel like playing. As long as you have a slot open I do know that it is never to "Late" to try another class.

Captain
May 13, 2011
i dont think it would ever be too early to make a new pirate. once i got used to the game, i made pirates with the other classes immediately. try beating skull island with all the other classes and see which one you want to stick to

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Luke Darkrunner on Apr 13, 2014 wrote:
It's never too early, especially if you only completed the 3 of Skull Island's Skyways! Musketeers are pretty fun, and Ridolfo Capoferro, the unicorn you get in Valencia, is a really good companion, the only non-storyline companion to have 3 promotions!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Another reason to make different class Pirates is that about 70% to 80% of the class gear I get applies to another Pirate Class than the Class of Pirate I am currently using. For Example, if I am using my Buccaneer, 70% or more of the Class specific Equipment can't be used by my Buccaneer. This equipment I can either sell for Gold or transfer to one of my other Pirates via the Shared Bank in my house or the Bunkhouse. I elected to transfer it because the equipment I find seems to be better than others available at the time.