Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Over Health on Pet

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Hey if Jack or Ratbeard could answer this it would be great. My Pet Loyal Mini-Minotaur has 1575/1535 health according to the "View your pet's stats" tab but under the "View a preview of your pet" tab it says that he has a base health of 1500, enhanced toughness grants him +75 health. And when looking at his talents it says enhanced toughness gives +5% total. I don't want to be in trouble, banned or suspended so I am prepared to delete, sell or trash him if this isn't fixable. If it is please let me know. Thanks.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
I know that with my Loyal Mini-Minotaur pet the same thing happened. I would really appreciate a fix to the problem! Like with the original poster, I don't want to be in trouble.

Noble Ryan Thompson

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Any more news? Developers or anyone? I guess i'll have to be patient.

Noble Ryan Thompson

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Does anyone have a loyal Mini-Minotaur pet that this has happened to? Just trying to make sure this thread is noticed. Again, thank you in advanced.

Administrator
Hi! We recently uncovered a bug where the Turn the Tide Pet Talent is causing a display of increased damage for the mini-Minotaur. Could you give us more information on which talents your mini-Minotaur pet is displaying?

Also, there's no need to worry about being banned or suspended from using this pet.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Hi! We recently uncovered a bug where the Turn the Tide Pet Talent is causing a display of increased damage for the mini-Minotaur. Could you give us more information on which talents your mini-Minotaur pet is displaying?

Also, there's no need to worry about being banned or suspended from using this pet.

Hi Jack!

I went in-game to double check its talents, and it has enhanced toughness 1, enhanced toughness 2, and second chance 1. Right now my Loyal Mini-Minotaur has 1674/1535 health. Not sure about the bug with Turn the Tide talent and increased damage because my Minotaur seems to not be dealing with that. Thanks for listening to the community!

Noble Ryan Thompson

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012

My Minotaur's epics are: Cachalot's Grip, Hector's Bane, Mojo Blast, Second Chance, and Loyal rank 3 out of 3. His talents are: Enhanced Toughness rank 1 out of 3, and Enhanced Armor rank 2 out of 3. He has 98 accuracy, 107 dodge, 85 armor, 76 resist, 112 weapon power (Using Strength), 1575 health, 70/70 strength, 45/45 agility, 40/40 will, 1575/1535 health, 51/185 power, 60/60 guts, and 0 grit and guile. His health is the only thing that looks bugged on my pet. If there is something that doesn't look right on my list or you need more info from me, I'll be more than happy to respond.

Thanks, Danny Radcliffe, Level 65,

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

I know I've not come across any, thank goodness I haven't, but we're just doing our best to report any unexpected exploits that may have arisen and slipped through the cracks, and taking advantage of them is very bad. They should be taken care of firsthand, not to be used to upset everyone and make quick good gains out of nothing... of the bad kind, that is. I know concerns of getting something by taking advantage of an exploit is what makes others concerned, even me, but we know that having them extinguished first is the best and the very right thing to do.

Fortunately, I haven't bought that pet yet, for I'm not certain to get that until it is free of exploits... among others and beyond.

Overall, we're doing well to keep the game clear of exploits, One-Eyed Jack. We'll be sure to keep a close eye out for them and make sure they're reported before they get out of hand.

Developer
Your health is displaying 1575/1535: that is working as designed.

The number before the slash is your total, current, how-much-have-you-trained health, and it includes any talents you may have that boost your health.

The number after the slash is your pet's normal, genetic maximum for that stat.

Your pet happens to be a superstar on health and has exceeded the normal limits for that pet!

In practice it's no different than your pirate displaying 125/100 Strength.

But keep in mind that if you hatch a new pet from this one, the new pet only looks at the normal maximum for that stat (1535) and not the boosted total.

Of course, the new pet may *also* inherit the health-boosting stats, so it may also exceed the normal max.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Your health is displaying 1575/1535: that is working as designed.

The number before the slash is your total, current, how-much-have-you-trained health, and it includes any talents you may have that boost your health.

The number after the slash is your pet's normal, genetic maximum for that stat.

Your pet happens to be a superstar on health and has exceeded the normal limits for that pet!

In practice it's no different than your pirate displaying 125/100 Strength.

But keep in mind that if you hatch a new pet from this one, the new pet only looks at the normal maximum for that stat (1535) and not the boosted total.

Of course, the new pet may *also* inherit the health-boosting stats, so it may also exceed the normal max.
Some of us were quite worried about that, but we were just making sure that it isn't an exploit, Ratbeard. Got to keep a close eye on them.

Oh! I forgot to say this, that estimated stat limit of "100" of Agility, Strength, and Will for Pirates may not be the estimated limit for much long. If Pirates had some proper gear, their amounts would surpass that limit, which wouldn't strangely restrict their bonuses of doing critical attacks to enemies that have these lower stats. With what's been done to the damage bonuses and critical attacks for Pirates, I think that stat limit for Pirates shouldn't be around any longer, since the level cap may get raised from time to time, and with that comes more increased stats from leveling, which may surpass that limit. Just saying.

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
I can keep training my Minotaur, his health seems to have no limits, is this normal?

Thanks, Danny Radcliffe, Level 65,