Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Choose avatar button on the message boards

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 09, 2010

So I was going through some old posts on these boards and I saw some icon choose avatar right here on these very boards I think that's really cool .

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I LOVE THE AVATAR CHOICES!!! I noticed how you guys added avatars, and if you run over them and click, you can change them! I love it, and I will definitely put this new function to good use!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
You guys are quick! Glad you like the change. :D

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Bonnie Anne on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
You guys are quick! Glad you like the change. :D
Thank you gals and guys so much! What a nice little addition that will add some personalization to the boards. I thought something may have been in the works because last week when I logged in, all of the posters had a P101 symbol and said "default <something or whatsey>".

Again thanks a lot for sprucing up the boards a wee bit!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
This is very cool! Thanks OEJ and BA!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Loving the new avatars, it adds a lively spark of color to the Message Boars!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Thank you gals and guys so much! What a nice little addition that will add some personalization to the boards. I thought something may have been in the works because last week when I logged in, all of the posters had a P101 symbol and said "default <something or whatsey>".

Again thanks a lot for sprucing up the boards a wee bit!
Yea I saw the "Something or watsey" thingy too and was very much looking forward to this. (Excellent terminology there)

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
OOOHH! Nice feature, I like it!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I don't see a button for choosing an avatar.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
They seem to have a ton of different options

Administrator
Glad you all like your new avatars! Enjoy!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Isn't there a "No Avatar" option, too? It's just for those who don't want one because they don't feel like it. Just thinking.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Trimond297 on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Isn't there a "No Avatar" option, too? It's just for those who don't want one because they don't feel like it. Just thinking.
I don't think so, I think the default avatar is the Pirate101 logo.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
This is quite a neat feature, after all! ^-^

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Identity Crisis!! On message boards across the spiral and beyond, my avatar is always an orangutang. I can't pick one of these options because I wouldn't be able to recognize myself. Oh, noooooos!

Still, nifty idea. Can I make one teensy weensy suggestion? When you have time, it would be fun if we could sub in our favorite pirate flag as our avatar (which might also facilitate us recognizing each other in the skyway.

Some people are never satisfied, right?

Sorry!

-Indigo

P.S. Oook.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Thanks, I quite like them.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Glad you all like your new avatars! Enjoy!
:D thanks Tom, it surprised me a bit when I saw someone have a swashbuckler symbol as an avatar, then I saw more and decided to log in to check if I could do it , and I found the button instantly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Identity Crisis!! On message boards across the spiral and beyond, my avatar is always an orangutang. I can't pick one of these options because I wouldn't be able to recognize myself. Oh, noooooos!

Still, nifty idea. Can I make one teensy weensy suggestion? When you have time, it would be fun if we could sub in our favorite pirate flag as our avatar (which might also facilitate us recognizing each other in the skyway.

Some people are never satisfied, right?

Sorry!

-Indigo

P.S. Oook.
Ohhh I like that idea. Alternating between my Chrissy's flags, how sweet. It's not like I am ungrateful or anything Webmaster. It is just a great idea.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
This be a brilliant edition to the message boards, and I be loving it well done mates, haha.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
I love this feature! +3000 awesome points from me.