Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unlockable Avatars

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Why not have unlock able message boards avatars. The more posts you have, the more options that are allowed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Morgrim on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Why not have unlock able message boards avatars. The more posts you have, the more options that are allowed.
But then won't people post useless posts just to get that coveted avatar?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Merciless Morgrim on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
I like the idea of unlock able avatars, but maybe there could be another way to unlock them besides high post count. It may lead to looooots of unnecessary, irrelevant and 1 or 2 word posts- just to increase post numbers. Perhaps if another way could be found to unlock the avatars, then I would certainly be all for it. Not sure what could determine the 'unlocking' but it is a neat idea!

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
I like the idea of unlock able avatars, but maybe there could be another way to unlock them besides high post count. It may lead to looooots of unnecessary, irrelevant and 1 or 2 word posts- just to increase post numbers. Perhaps if another way could be found to unlock the avatars, then I would certainly be all for it. Not sure what could determine the 'unlocking' but it is a neat idea!
I think the amount of yars you have could unlock avatars... You can't yar your own posts, and it shows that your posts are liked!

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Or tie the unblocking of extra avatars to accomplishments in the game (which might draw more players to the boards).

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Number of yars? Then we'd have folks making up fake accounts just to yar themselves. Hmmm...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Number of yars? Then we'd have folks making up fake accounts just to yar themselves. Hmmm...
That would get them walking the plank for sure. Captains One-Eyed Jack & Bonnie Anne have their eyes finely tuned for such behaviour.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, good point- yars may not work at all but I wouldn't imagine too many people would go to those kinds of lengths just to add numbers to a 4 letter pirate word....especially when the benefit would only be picking a new image to stare at. But yeah, probably not a good way to go.

However, I do like Indigo's idea of in game accomplishments adding unlock able avatars and possibly other message board rewards as well. Maybe it could be the equivalent of unlocking in game badges. Complete a certain quest or line of quests, make it to a skyway or new world, defeat certain enemies/bosses and so-on and so-on, and you unlock new avatars or groups of avatars on the boards. Like he stated, those kinds of fun incentives just may bring more players to the boards and show them what they are missing out on. And provide them a great source of helpful info, KI feedback and interaction with fellow pirates.

Seems like a pretty decent idea to me.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is a great idea, who knows when i reach the pirate overlord rank someday. There are special avatars that could be unlock for special achievements, like 100th posts, 101 yars and the most elusive 1 million yars. Congrats for those who can achieve 1 million yars in the long run or even 10,000 yars in the short run.

Word of advice please don't do anything funny,like making extra accounts to yar your own posts. That's dishonest and a bad way to leave a mark in the message boards.