Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How Pirate101 and Wiz link to our world.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 06, 2012
Ever noticed that each world on both Wizard101 and Pirate101 is based off of a certain time in world history, and a certain culture? I would like to take a minute to go over those through my knowledge of history. Sure, call me a history nerd, I don't care. In my opinion, history helps you know who you are and where you came from. Let's stop the chit chat and get going!

Wizard City- The one world I can't think of one ( Other than Dragonspyre )
Krokotopia- The Heiroglyphics, pyramids, and tombs give away that it was based off of Ancient Egypt.
Marleybone- Based off of 20th century England. The automobile gives away the time, the design and Big Ben give away the fact that it is England.
Mooshu- Based off of Ancient/Middle Ages China and Japan. It brings in the Moodha- which is based off of the ancient figure, the Buddha, who brought along Buddhism, one of the world's many popular religions. It also brings in samurai, which ruled Japan in the Middle Ages. On Pirate101, it is in a civil war as the emperor is not able to rule: That explains Ancient China in a nutshell. Constant civil war, getting united, then falling apart again.
Celestia- Not necessarily based off of a country, but it is underwater themed. The Floating Isles bring in the culture of the Pacific Islanders.
Zafaria- Based off of Central Africa, mostly. The tribes and savannah give that away. Council of elders, etc... As you get to Stone Town, its theme is Mughal India, one of India's golden periods. The Mughals built the Taj Mahal and their leaders were named: Sultan. Hinduism flourished in this age of India. ( Same with the Gupta era )
Avalon- Middle Ages in Europe. The casles, King "Artorious" and simply the fairs, etc...
Azteca- Based off of the Aztec tribe of Central America in the Middle Ages. It also ties into some Inca culture also.. Both tribes eventually fell to the Spanish Conquistadors.
Khrysalis- A lot of it is magical, but some of it resembles Arabia and the Middle East.
Grizzleheim- The vikings and nomads who raided Europe in the Middle Ages and eventually grew to become Greenland, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Wintertusk ties into this.
Aquila- Based off of Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. The togas and colleseum are from Rome, while their gods, such as Poseidon and Zeus, are Greek.
Skull Island- Based off of the pirates who robbed ships in the Middle/Industrial ages.
Monquista- Based off of Spain in the Middle Ages. The "Monquistadors" was a clever name, because they are basically the Conquistadors. Their civil war had to do with religion and christianity.
Valencia- Same, Middle Ages of Spain. They had an armada, which were human, might I add.
Cool Ranch- 19th century U.S.A in the west.. It also brings Mexico in, also, when you go to Santo Pollo.
Thanks for listening! Anything you wanna add on? Do you disagree? I will gladly listen! :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ahoy there, fellow history nerd!
Thank you for this stunning post that includes the worlds of W101! You've covered many aspects of the cultures represented in the Spiral; I will point out, however, that Valencia is actually based on Renaissance Italy ( based on the names and architecture. )

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I think Wizard City may be based off the mythical/medieval age, judging by all the towers and castles and mythical creatures?

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Brian GoldenShade on Nov 15, 2014 wrote:
Ever noticed that each world on both Wizard101 and Pirate101 is based off of a certain time in world history, and a certain culture? I would like to take a minute to go over those through my knowledge of history. Sure, call me a history nerd, I don't care. In my opinion, history helps you know who you are and where you came from. Let's stop the chit chat and get going!

Wizard City- The one world I can't think of one ( Other than Dragonspyre )
Krokotopia- The Heiroglyphics, pyramids, and tombs give away that it was based off of Ancient Egypt.
Marleybone- Based off of 20th century England. The automobile gives away the time, the design and Big Ben give away the fact that it is England.
Mooshu- Based off of Ancient/Middle Ages China and Japan. It brings in the Moodha- which is based off of the ancient figure, the Buddha, who brought along Buddhism, one of the world's many popular religions. It also brings in samurai, which ruled Japan in the Middle Ages. On Pirate101, it is in a civil war as the emperor is not able to rule: That explains Ancient China in a nutshell. Constant civil war, getting united, then falling apart again.
Celestia- Not necessarily based off of a country, but it is underwater themed. The Floating Isles bring in the culture of the Pacific Islanders.
Zafaria- Based off of Central Africa, mostly. The tribes and savannah give that away. Council of elders, etc... As you get to Stone Town, its theme is Mughal India, one of India's golden periods. The Mughals built the Taj Mahal and their leaders were named: Sultan. Hinduism flourished in this age of India. ( Same with the Gupta era )
Avalon- Middle Ages in Europe. The casles, King "Artorious" and simply the fairs, etc...
Azteca- Based off of the Aztec tribe of Central America in the Middle Ages. It also ties into some Inca culture also.. Both tribes eventually fell to the Spanish Conquistadors.
Khrysalis- A lot of it is magical, but some of it resembles Arabia and the Middle East.
Grizzleheim- The vikings and nomads who raided Europe in the Middle Ages and eventually grew to become Greenland, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Wintertusk ties into this.
Aquila- Based off of Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. The togas and colleseum are from Rome, while their gods, such as Poseidon and Zeus, are Greek.
Skull Island- Based off of the pirates who robbed ships in the Middle/Industrial ages.
Monquista- Based off of Spain in the Middle Ages. The "Monquistadors" was a clever name, because they are basically the Conquistadors. Their civil war had to do with religion and christianity.
Valencia- Same, Middle Ages of Spain. They had an armada, which were human, might I add.
Cool Ranch- 19th century U.S.A in the west.. It also brings Mexico in, also, when you go to Santo Pollo.
Thanks for listening! Anything you wanna add on? Do you disagree? I will gladly listen! :)
Cool, there is a lot of history in pirate101! It sorta combines some of the main cultures, awesomeness!

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Yeah, Wizard City, Dragonspyre, and Celestia weren't really based off any time period, just the themes of exploration and wizards. The only thing I see wrong in this is that Valencia was not based off of Spain, but off the era of The Italian Renaissance. However there is a dash of the Spanish Armada. See the profile on this site and there is clearly a Venice type city in Valencia.

Clever Sam Jones

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Clever Sam Jones on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, Wizard City, Dragonspyre, and Celestia weren't really based off any time period, just the themes of exploration and wizards. The only thing I see wrong in this is that Valencia was not based off of Spain, but off the era of The Italian Renaissance. However there is a dash of the Spanish Armada. See the profile on this site and there is clearly a Venice type city in Valencia.

Clever Sam Jones
Cool, didn't know that, you learn something new every day!