Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Be quiet, Hawkules!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
In the next update, will Hawkules just be quiet for once? xD I'm farming the Labyrinth for the Axe of The Minotaur Lords, and my brain is constantly shutting down just having to hear him brag of how he's the Son Of Zeus and how tough he is a billion times! Can someone come up with a reasonable theory of if he'd stop the bragging?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
But that is a large part of what makes Hawkules such an amusing character! He never seems to realize that not only is his 'name-dropping' and bragging over the top, he has already said the exact things before! Thus he is viewed with a certain exasperation by pirate crew and Aquilan citizen alike.

Hawkules' absurd bragging also provides a sly mirror to a certain member of the crew who thinks he is the most stupendous hero in the Spiral. (I think you can guess who he is)

However, although Hawkules' bragging is certainly exasperating (as well as his desire to just run out and bash the bad guys. He and Ratbeard tend to agree in that department) he is always cheerful and good-natured. While he is chattily proud of his parentage and his great strength, he is never too proud to lend a helping hand, even for the most humble tasks. He may be exasperating, but he is also endearing.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
That's funny . Hawkules does brag a little to much but that is for the humor of the story. Since he is a newer companion we will most likely be talking more but when time goes by he may talk less. (Personally I find it funny when he brags)

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
All you need to fix this problem is the handy man's secret weapon-duct tape! Tape his beak shut. Or could mute the computer when you do this dungeon and page through the dialogue as quickly as you can.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey