Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

rewards for pvp

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
I think there should be rewards for winning a pvp battle.I mean, when you use accidentily use a treasure bath doubloon in a pvp battle you just waste it.W101 has arena tickets for winning a ranked pvp.Why can't P101?

Reckless Austin Strong lv 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
When ranked pvp is inserted into the game, I'm sure there will be rewards.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i personally love to use treasure bath in pvp, it makes my opponents get worked up and then when they realize its tb they look like fools

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on May 6, 2015 wrote:
i personally love to use treasure bath in pvp, it makes my opponents get worked up and then when they realize its tb they look like fools
That's so funny Jack.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Personally i hope they NEVER put in rewards for PVP - the game is about the story line / not about beating each other up

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
01Shadowblade on May 7, 2015 wrote:
Personally i hope they NEVER put in rewards for PVP - the game is about the story line / not about beating each other up
this game is about what the developers put into it, pvp is a part of that, that statement and mindset is why many pvp players including myself avoid pve players as often as possible because you try to take away our fun simply because its not your fun

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I would have to say that I do agree with Zuto's statement. PvP is an aspect of the game that the developers intended & wished to implement & also surely hoped would be a fun side activity for players of all walks of life & all player types.

I believe that they saw it as an option to allow players to let their competitive juices flow & to also allow players to fully take advantage & soak up the full scope of what the combat system had to offer. In PvE, you don't necessarily get the chance to employ 'greater strategies' against 'non-programmed' opponents. The AI is certainly super smart, but with certain limitations it currently can't compare to playing against another intelligent human being that has taken the time to understand all of the bells & whistles of pirate combat.

I do, however, feel that the developers are somewhat 'saddened' by any rifts that may manifest between PvP enthusiasts & so-called PvE'ers. I can only imagine that they wholeheartedly hoped & believed that PvP would primarily be instituted as a positive experience that allowed players to explore their competitive natures. Unfortunately, sometimes competition breeds negative behavior. I can almost assure you that KI developers never wanted players to distance themselves from other players merely based on an intended application of the game. Their wishes were & are to bring players together for an engaging & entertaining gaming experience.

To me the issue isn't PvP players vs. PvE players...it's more a matter of lack of maturity within a small group of players. There are great & friendly PvP enthusiasts out there with wonderful attitudes & likewise, many amazing & friendly primarily PvE players out there as well. There's no need to avoid a certain type of player--just possibly a need to 'excuse yourself' from the immaturity levels & actions of some players-- in both PvP & PvE.

KI gave us many ways to enjoy the game 'our own way', so simply avoiding a 'class' of player doesn't seem necessary.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 11, 2015 wrote:
I would have to say that I do agree with Zuto's statement. PvP is an aspect of the game that the developers intended & wished to implement & also surely hoped would be a fun side activity for players of all walks of life & all player types.

I believe that they saw it as an option to allow players to let their competitive juices flow & to also allow players to fully take advantage & soak up the full scope of what the combat system had to offer. In PvE, you don't necessarily get the chance to employ 'greater strategies' against 'non-programmed' opponents. The AI is certainly super smart, but with certain limitations it currently can't compare to playing against another intelligent human being that has taken the time to understand all of the bells & whistles of pirate combat.

I do, however, feel that the developers are somewhat 'saddened' by any rifts that may manifest between PvP enthusiasts & so-called PvE'ers. I can only imagine that they wholeheartedly hoped & believed that PvP would primarily be instituted as a positive experience that allowed players to explore their competitive natures. Unfortunately, sometimes competition breeds negative behavior. I can almost assure you that KI developers never wanted players to distance themselves from other players merely based on an intended application of the game. Their wishes were & are to bring players together for an engaging & entertaining gaming experience.

To me the issue isn't PvP players vs. PvE players...it's more a matter of lack of maturity within a small group of players. There are great & friendly PvP enthusiasts out there with wonderful attitudes & likewise, many amazing & friendly primarily PvE players out there as well. There's no need to avoid a certain type of player--just possibly a need to 'excuse yourself' from the immaturity levels & actions of some players-- in both PvP & PvE.

KI gave us many ways to enjoy the game 'our own way', so simply avoiding a 'class' of player doesn't seem necessary.
Nicely said. I hope many read this and take heed.