Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

skip battle animation

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
I know what you are thinking- the battles are awesome, so why skip them? Well, you might be in a hurry to go someplace, but the battle was hard, so o quickly finish, you can skip the battle animation. But in a group everyone must agree. There could also be an option to turn it off.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I've been asking for this both here and in Wizard101 for some time.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
what happens if one person has it off but others don't?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Not me. Those artists at KI put a LOT of time, effort and all their gifting and talents into those sequences. To skip them would feel like a slap in the face to all that hard work. No, you don't toss away a work of art because you want to rush through it and totally change how the game was intended to play.
That is kind of like asking a museum to clear out all the galleries cause it makes the walls easier to dust. What would be the point of going?
It is bad enough that all the wonderful voice work that was so superbly acted is slapped through because players are in a hurry and you are forced to do it too cause the fight has already started, I would NEVER want to destroy the flow of such beautifully crafted animations.
If you don't want animations then play a board game and visualize it in your head, you can very easily control the speed that way.

I am not being snarky or fussy here, just stating my opinion.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
No, thank you. Part of the reason I play these games is the amazing creativity and graphics. I love the animations, even if I get a little impatient with them sometimes, I would never want to skip them altogether.

You have to leave us some time for our switching windows, reading messages, putting on lip gloss, or any of the other myriad tasks we also take care of during a battle.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I dont think this should be there for regular battles, but this would be AMAZING in the hydra battle and in the tower.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 13, 2015 wrote:
Not me. Those artists at KI put a LOT of time, effort and all their gifting and talents into those sequences. To skip them would feel like a slap in the face to all that hard work. No, you don't toss away a work of art because you want to rush through it and totally change how the game was intended to play.
That is kind of like asking a museum to clear out all the galleries cause it makes the walls easier to dust. What would be the point of going?
It is bad enough that all the wonderful voice work that was so superbly acted is slapped through because players are in a hurry and you are forced to do it too cause the fight has already started, I would NEVER want to destroy the flow of such beautifully crafted animations.
If you don't want animations then play a board game and visualize it in your head, you can very easily control the speed that way.

I am not being snarky or fussy here, just stating my opinion.
I completely agree.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
dungeons take way to long because of animations, the game is really just a test of endurance, how long can you last watching the animations before you have to get off

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
I wouldn't really go through with this, although you can get impatient, the battle animations aren't even that long!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Beautifulmonkey on May 27, 2015 wrote:
I wouldn't really go through with this, although you can get impatient, the battle animations aren't even that long!
The hydra would like to have a word with you. Also bloodbats are annoying as sin because of there half speed.