Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you like most about Pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy and hello pirates!

I wanted to start a thread where newcomers and veteran players alike could come and share there favorite things about playing Pirate101. I thought it might be a good idea to let the developers know how much we love this game and all of the amazing content and experiences that can be found within the P101 Spiral. We are all eagerly anticipating the arrival of new content, updates and world(s), so in the meantime why not take the time to show our support for this great game? KI and Pirate101 team, we stand behind you!

Now the title may say "most" but please feel free to post as many favorites that you can think of, even if someone else has already mentioned it. This may give the developers a good vibe about what players enjoy the mostestest Also, it may help bring other players to the game that may check out and read the boards to see what the game is all about, but haven't yet decided to join us in the Spiral. Let's let them know what fun they are missing!

And please, this thread is all about the positive...so if you may not agree with another poster about what they enjoy the most, just please be respectful and considerate of their opinions.

So here's my first 'most favorite' thing about playing Pirate101:

As a father of 3, there's no greater feeling than being able to spend time laughing and having a blast with your children and loved ones. To be able to connect over such a family friendly game is simply amazing. My oldest son hasn't been in game in a while (lots of sports, reading and studies) but we sure have lit up the Skyways together in the past-- I'm looking at you General Tso....and your chicken. The job that KI did bringing players of all ages and walks of life together, and actually making it enjoyable for all ages as well, is quite remarkable. I've never played a game before that has grand kids, moms & dads and grand parents all enjoying the same 'OOH & AHH' experiences. There's certainly something for everyone and the moments spent in the Spiral with my son will stay with me forever.

So, that's my '1st favorite thing', please feel free to share yours. Even if it's a simple "I love all the cool pets" or "pirates rock" or "I enjoy PvP" or "the characters are sooooo funny"-- that's perfect and we would love to hear from you.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 12, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy and hello pirates!

I wanted to start a thread where newcomers and veteran players alike could come and share there favorite things about playing Pirate101. I thought it might be a good idea to let the developers know how much we love this game and all of the amazing content and experiences that can be found within the P101 Spiral. We are all eagerly anticipating the arrival of new content, updates and world(s), so in the meantime why not take the time to show our support for this great game? KI and Pirate101 team, we stand behind you!

Now the title may say "most" but please feel free to post as many favorites that you can think of, even if someone else has already mentioned it. This may give the developers a good vibe about what players enjoy the mostestest Also, it may help bring other players to the game that may check out and read the boards to see what the game is all about, but haven't yet decided to join us in the Spiral. Let's let them know what fun they are missing!

And please, this thread is all about the positive...so if you may not agree with another poster about what they enjoy the most, just please be respectful and considerate of their opinions.

So here's my first 'most favorite' thing about playing Pirate101:

As a father of 3, there's no greater feeling than being able to spend time laughing and having a blast with your children and loved ones. To be able to connect over such a family friendly game is simply amazing. My oldest son hasn't been in game in a while (lots of sports, reading and studies) but we sure have lit up the Skyways together in the past-- I'm looking at you General Tso....and your chicken. The job that KI did bringing players of all ages and walks of life together, and actually making it enjoyable for all ages as well, is quite remarkable. I've never played a game before that has grand kids, moms & dads and grand parents all enjoying the same 'OOH & AHH' experiences. There's certainly something for everyone and the moments spent in the Spiral with my son will stay with me forever.

So, that's my '1st favorite thing', please feel free to share yours. Even if it's a simple "I love all the cool pets" or "pirates rock" or "I enjoy PvP" or "the characters are sooooo funny"-- that's perfect and we would love to hear from you.
Well Valkoor, here is my most favorite thing about playing Pirate101.

As some of you know, I am an Eagle Scout. I LOVE socializing with others, as it is how I work well with my Boy Scout Troop, and well with others. That factors into what I love most about this game. You can work with others! Whether it be in Moo Manchu's veritable Skyscraper of a tower, fighting Rooke in a vortex, or taking down Captain Blood in a brawl to the death, I have had friends helping me, and I have helped them! I am always at someone's beckoning call, ready to help at the slightest whiff of a problem! Pirate101 is also not just complete fun and games, as it is strategic. This also makes the game fun for me, as I have to think about companion lineups, and worry about bedrest if I lose one of my best companions, not to mention companion tasks! All of this factors into a game that I have loved to play ever since the day it released, way back in 2012!

There you have it! That's why I love this game!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Of course you have to ask a hard question, Valkoor!

I think my favorite thing about Pirate101 is the diversity and beauty of the worlds of the Spiral. Many times I've just stopped to admire a particularly wonderful location or to ooh and ahh at the incredible detail put into the game. One of the most lovely places, in my opinion, is MooShu because of the great differences in each Skyway. I also love Marylebone for the simply amazing work done to really convey the darker tone of the story there. I remember the first time questing through the game, each new place was utterly breathtaking and begging for exploration.

Along with the visuals of each world, I am also a huge fan of the music. Westminster Skyway is my top favorite theme, closely followed by Jonah Town's. You can really get a feel for a place just by its music, and the composers did a fantastic job with Pirate101.

And I can't forget the friends I've made in the game! You all have made Pirate101 so much fun to play, and I enjoy teaming up to take down tough enemies. I don't think I could have finished the story so far without the help, guidance, and support of you guys.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I had to really think about this ( oh, me achin' head ) !
What I love about P101 is the story, like all good stories, it sweeps you up into another world. You can't wait to see what happens next! But unlike good stories, P101 allows you to take part in the action, you are writing your character's story through your actions and decisions.
There are many ways to play a pirate character and I'm sure while there are many similarities between classes, but there are ways to make your character 'unique'.
So be a Witchdoctor raised in Grizzleheim and equip him/her with a sword and pistol, if that's what you fancy. There is really no wrong way to play P101!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i like the golden chickens...

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
EASILY my favorite things about Pirate101 are the story, and companions. I hope that in the future, there will be more immersive/specific dialogue between them, where they can really develop their personalities.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh Valkoor
Love infinity *Chain clicks yar button*
This is utter brilliance. This is also gonna take some thought cause I love SO Much about this game.
*Puts on thinking cap*

........To be continued...........

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 13, 2015 wrote:
Oh Valkoor
Love infinity *Chain clicks yar button*
This is utter brilliance. This is also gonna take some thought cause I love SO Much about this game.
*Puts on thinking cap*

........To be continued...........
This is what community is all about!

Warrior...what a great reason to love P101. You're so right- there are so many ways for players to safely connect in game. To be able to share fierce battles, morphing, nautical mayhem, dungeon delving & more with your buddies-- well, that's worth it's weight in gold! Keep soaring, Eagle Scout- keep soaring!

Misty...I couldn't agree more. The detail in P101 is BREATHTAKING!!! I think my favorite world, when it comes to the colors & art, is MooShu. I especially enjoy all the tree & plant foliage (my big word of the day!). And I simply can't get enough of Maruzame Castle & all of the Guardian temples. I often invite myself over, just to take it all in. Thanks Misty.

Esperanza...a story like no other, indeed! Gotta love an enthralling & captivating story & all the cleverly created elements found within. And like you noted, the replay value of this game is top notch. So many ways to enjoy the story & the ability to do it with 5 different classes makes it that much better! Thanks for sharing!

Jack...why you ol' Phule! I am so happy you found those golden chickens. Reminds me of a song: "Together forever, & never to part. Together forever you two (hundred). Don't you know I would move heaven & earth. To be together forever with you". You & your golden chickens were simply meant for each other! Thanks for the laugh!

The Vagabond...oh man, those companions- what a group. Where would a Captain be without his/her faithful crew? I get a kick out of the dialogue & amazing writing that the P101 team has conjured up. And the voices....WOW! The interaction between them all is often hysterical & quite head scratching (in a good way) & I too can't wait to see what's in store for us! Thanks for the post!

Chrissy...we're all ears (& eyes). Can't wait to see what you share with us. And if you're anything like me you are going to be posting more than once in this thread...because when it comes to P101, we can't just have one favorite, can we?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
SPECIAL REQUEST!!!

I was wondering if there was anyway possible that any of the developers could share what they like most about Pirate101- whether from the development side or as a player. I'm quite sure that many of you play the game that you clearly have a passion for making. So, I thought it would be neat and extremely rewarding for players and posters to 'hear' what makes the game great for you all.

So, Bonnie, Jack, Blind Mew, Ratbeard, Decius, Mr. Trelawny, El Kaboing and any other developers that may see this...if and only if you have a spare moment, could you be so kind to share what you like most about P101? I understand that this is a busy time and if it's simply not doable within the scope of your schedules...no worries at all. Just thought that as part of the P101 Community, it would be awesome to hear from the KI team. We the players would be ECSTATIC and gracious!

***And as a side note, and I apologize seeing as this is off topic and doesn't really have to do with P101- but it is a great source of pride for me, so I just had to share it with you all. My son had 2 great 'accomplishments' take place yesterday...1 academic and 1 athletic. He hit his very 1st Little League home run in his game last night. I was coaching 1st base and it took every bit of strength to keep from rounding the bases with him. His baby brother and sister could probably be heard a mile away as they cheered on their big brother, yelling "Go! Go! Go!" The other moment of pride came when he came home from school with a library book that he checked out. Out of all the 'kid' books he could have chosen he decided on Moby Dick! Gotta love it when a classic makes it's way into today's generation's hands! Couldn't be more proud!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I played P101 for the first time back in 2013 and I've loved it for a long time, but I had kind of forgotten about it until early 2015. My character, Cruel Owen Quarrel, was like Level 29, maybe? And he had a ton of sidequests. As of now, I only have a few sidequests [none of the ones I started with], and in the past month I went from halfway through Cool Ranch to The Halls of Minos in Knossos in Aquila (which I got through in about 15 minutes thanks to my Lvl 65 Muskeeter friend), and boy has it been a great experience, falling in love with this game all over again!
My favorite thing is how fantastical this game can be and how hilarious and well thought out and entertaining the characters are. It also fills me with a sense of pride whenever I can help out in a battle by buffing up my teammates with lots of crit chances, accuracy, heals, etc. All of the characters [minus side quest companions who do not happen to be Shiruku Neko] are so fleshed out and have such amazing backstories that it's fun just guessing where they are from and trying to create stories in your head involving these characters. I also like the clothes, ESPECIALLY the Tiki Mask and the Gladiator suits and helms in Aquila! THEY LOOK SO COOL!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 64 Member of the Armada Resistance

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Personally, as a player, my favorite aspect of the game is the companions. There are so many, each with their own unique looks and personalities. I love how you get to know them through their stories too.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Bonnie Anne on May 14, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Personally, as a player, my favorite aspect of the game is the companions. There are so many, each with their own unique looks and personalities. I love how you get to know them through their stories too.
I don't think I could agree more! I have 124 companions, and I love each one!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Owen...what a great post and 'answer'!

As many here may or may not know, I thoroughly enjoy a good laugh and comedy of all kinds. There's almost nothing else out there that can rival the way a hardy laugh or a ear-to-ear smile can just get you into a fantastic mood. Without a doubt I can honestly say that this game has produced more chuckles, scare-the-babies (and dog, a time or two) types of laughs and better-half 'you need help'-kind-of-looks, than almost all other games I have played...combined. It's nice to know that there is still some of that 'dry' humor still floating around out there. That kind of humor seems so simple, yet it is so multi-layered and hard to produce without it seeming forced and awkward. I still watch The 3 Stooges and I often marvel at the 'hidden and complex humor' within there 'act'. Most just see the slapstick and literal 'slap with a stick', but there is actually some brilliant ideas and clever writing found within those hysterical treasures. Just as there are in Pirate101. Takes a lot of talent to make that kind of humor seem 'natural' and 'easy'.

Thanks for the great post!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Bonnie Anne on May 14, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Thank you Bonnie!

I think I speak for a great many players and posters when I say that hearing from the individuals within the KI team means a lot. Most of us don't just see you all as simply business professionals, just merely doing your job. Just a simple little reply such as yours allows us to connect with the team and individuals that we have come to respect and appreciate. I know that you all have to do your job and can't reply and post too often...but when you do, trust me-- it really means a ton to us- the posters, players and pirates. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on May 12, 2015 wrote:
i like the golden chickens...
You need a chicken nickname my teacher called my handwriting chicken scratch want that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I agree with you; there's a shock, right? A close, well fought match ( win or lose ), if you know you've done your best and your opponent is a gracious loser ( or winner ), is very satisfying.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I started playing back in late March of 2013, I was just curious as a player. There is alot to enjoy about in Pirates, weather is companions,pets, mounts etc.

The most I enjoyed about Pirate101 is playing as a character one in each class, plus an extra musketeer to fill that space. As a player I wonder how things will work out on each class, as the storyline progress. I have 3 high leveled characters, 2 mid leveled characters and one low leveled musketeer. I'm currently training my witchdoctor, swashbuckler and my older musketeer to either reach max level or near that level. I already reached maxed level as a buccaneer. Someday I will train my privateer and my younger musketeer.

I progress the storyline very rapidly as a buccaneer. It take a long time to train as a privateer, at least in my experience. I have created a 6th character late last year.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
zuto4011a on May 14, 2015 wrote:
A good close PvP
I can surely respect that, Zuto. Even though I rarely pirate PvP, I do have a competitive, while still being respectful, nature and it is quite a fun rush when you pull out a close, hard-fought victory over an equally talented opponent. I have had some super sweet, come-from-behind PvE battles, where my pirate was facing 2 or 3 enemies and down to his last pre-bobble breath, only to come back and defeat a couple of worthy Spiral foes (looking at you Nef. 5). So I can surely imagine the exhilaration that a close PvP match can usher in-- especially with friends who share the same PvP enthusiasm.

Edge of the seat, nail biting contests sure are exciting and I am rather glad that PvP is in the game, for those that enjoy it. Spirited and respectful competition and gamesmanship (and gameswomanship) should always have a place to shine.

Thanks for sharing!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Koi the Fish on May 15, 2015 wrote:
You need a chicken nickname my teacher called my handwriting chicken scratch want that?
no sounds like im old scratch but a chicken. jack chickengale. how about that?

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
me question be plan and simple I love EVERYTHING about the game, yarrr simple yes?

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
The fact that i started in Jan 2014 with my friend telling me that it was finally out for mac. I was very excited and was instantly captivated by the story(I never really liked the wizard101 story)and the companion system. I remember fighting Fin for the first time, and how I was stuck at the Paygate for traitors cave for a month. My first crowns purchase got me all the way to Cool Ranch. But the best part of Pirate101 is the Community. I have never encountered a player (in the time I have had text chat) Who has betrayed me or fled in the middle of a battle without warning me, unlike in Wizard101 when it happens all the time.

-Careful Jeremy Burke Lvl 54

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I got 2 favorite things
1. The companions: Unlike wizard101 your not alone in your journey if your soloing, you have allies that will answer the call of battle whenever you feel like it (unless they are asleep recovering from that one nasty fight that ko'd them XD)
2. It's more solo friendly then wizard101 (which I unfortunately have to do quite often )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on May 15, 2015 wrote:
I started playing back in late March of 2013, I was just curious as a player. There is alot to enjoy about in Pirates, weather is companions,pets, mounts etc.

The most I enjoyed about Pirate101 is playing as a character one in each class, plus an extra musketeer to fill that space. As a player I wonder how things will work out on each class, as the storyline progress. I have 3 high leveled characters, 2 mid leveled characters and one low leveled musketeer. I'm currently training my witchdoctor, swashbuckler and my older musketeer to either reach max level or near that level. I already reached maxed level as a buccaneer. Someday I will train my privateer and my younger musketeer.

I progress the storyline very rapidly as a buccaneer. It take a long time to train as a privateer, at least in my experience. I have created a 6th character late last year.
You bring up a great point there Monkrinx2024 (sorry, I don't know your pirate name).

That is also something that I too really enjoy about this game....the diversity of not only the classes but also the specialized class powers. I've played many other games that offer up different classes to choose from, but so many of them fall short of providing a unique game play experience tailored towards each individual class. Most of them just feel like you are playing the same class (or character type) with very limited ways to make each class stand out from the other. It almost feels as if you are playing the same class, just with a new name.

P101 does a great job of making each class play differently from the other. The powers, epics and talents that are class specific really create that unique class diversity. It's exciting when you can 'finish' the story with one class and then start over with other classes and have that gaming experience seem fresh and new. The different classes and how they play completely independent of each other, surely allows this. I have recently started working on a couple of my other classes and it's already quite a blast getting to see what sets each class apart.

Good luck with your other characters and thanks for sharing what you like most about Pirate101!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on May 15, 2015 wrote:
me question be plan and simple I love EVERYTHING about the game, yarrr simple yes?

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Jack...I couldn't have said it better myself. Plain & simple, yes....but I 100% agree with you!

Jeremy...wow, what a great answer! When playing an MMO game, you not only get the game but you get the experience of interacting with other players, & often having to rely on one another to accomplish in-game tasks/goals/mission. A HUGE part of an MMO is the dialogue & interactions you have with other, fellow players-- like you stated, 'the community'. I play a couple other online games & for the most part they don't really offer a true community atmosphere. Sure you can chat & interact, but the word community hints at an emphasis on the positive. Many MMOs, when you look at the forums & in-game interactions with other players-- there's not much positive at all. Pirate101 differs from them greatly & each forum and website that I have come across, is populated with good, friendly people & players.....hmmm, maybe it's Positive101. The way that KI set up the message boards & the chat system, really helps keep this Community all about the positive &provides a friendly gaming experience between players & the KI staff, as well. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel...that is one other thing that makes this a great game-- being able to interact with other players, but not being forced to. Many players like to enjoy a game by themselves, or due to time differences, simply have to. P101 is set up to where you can join in with others to make for a fun & less difficult time, but it is in no way required that you do so to progress to max level & to the end of the current story. Some players just like to play a game solo & they get to do that with P101, without facing overly difficult tasks. But they are still challenged quite a bit & get the option to bring in a friend if they choose. There is great balance within the game & the 'difficulty levels'. Many tools are in place to enjoy the game solo or with fellow pirate, providing a variety in difficulty along the way. Thanks, Rachel!