Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rediscovering pedigree traits

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
Hey morphers and expert treasure hunters I have a question for my peers. I was wondering if anyone has morphed a pet with someone but by accident they morphed out the traits they wanted the pet to express.

For example... you morph a pet to improve and boost its pedigree but in the process you morph away a lower level trait that you wanted to keep in the pet. Is that trait gone forever? Is a talent or power that comes with a pet always inside the pet waiting to get out?

Say you use that same pet and morph it to a lower pedigree where that trait you lost may now possibly be expressed. Is it possible that the talent or power will manifest itself in the new lower pedigree pet.
Any help or thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also sending a shout out to all my friends in the morph tent.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
CrazyVito on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
Hey morphers and expert treasure hunters I have a question for my peers. I was wondering if anyone has morphed a pet with someone but by accident they morphed out the traits they wanted the pet to express.

For example... you morph a pet to improve and boost its pedigree but in the process you morph away a lower level trait that you wanted to keep in the pet. Is that trait gone forever? Is a talent or power that comes with a pet always inside the pet waiting to get out?

Say you use that same pet and morph it to a lower pedigree where that trait you lost may now possibly be expressed. Is it possible that the talent or power will manifest itself in the new lower pedigree pet.
Any help or thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also sending a shout out to all my friends in the morph tent.
Hey Vito! The pet that you morphed with the higher pedigree pet to try to boost that lost the talent or power cannot manifest in another pet if you morph with. If you want that talent or power, you can always morph with the pet who had it to put it back into the pool. I know this is gold consuming, but pet morphing is never a perfect job. Patience and persistence will help a lot with morphing. I know I have spent a close estimate of around 2,000,000 gold on pets.

To make it clear, if the talent is lost in the pool, it will not manifest into that pet's offspring. The parent with the talent will have to morph with the 2nd generation pet to get it back into the pool. Great Question, it was difficult to find the words to explain it .

Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
ElijahWaterVault on Jul 19, 2015 wrote:
Hey Vito! The pet that you morphed with the higher pedigree pet to try to boost that lost the talent or power cannot manifest in another pet if you morph with. If you want that talent or power, you can always morph with the pet who had it to put it back into the pool. I know this is gold consuming, but pet morphing is never a perfect job. Patience and persistence will help a lot with morphing. I know I have spent a close estimate of around 2,000,000 gold on pets.

To make it clear, if the talent is lost in the pool, it will not manifest into that pet's offspring. The parent with the talent will have to morph with the 2nd generation pet to get it back into the pool. Great Question, it was difficult to find the words to explain it .
Thanks so much Elijah You explained it perfectly.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
ElijahWaterVault on Jul 19, 2015 wrote:

One thing to remember is that it's not guaranteed to morph back in (at least on the first try). Ouch! It hurts to lose a talent or power you really liked when you're trying to boost pet DNA. Keep in mind, that like our DNA, pet DNA can only express the alleles that are present; if they don't have the right slot (correct allele) there's no hope of getting that talent. There are no recessive alleles in P101. When it's gone, it's gone for good in that particular critter.

Good luck crossing with the parent with the trait of interest! Hope you get the perfect pet soon!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
One thing to remember is that it's not guaranteed to morph back in (at least on the first try). Ouch! It hurts to lose a talent or power you really liked when you're trying to boost pet DNA. Keep in mind, that like our DNA, pet DNA can only express the alleles that are present; if they don't have the right slot (correct allele) there's no hope of getting that talent. There are no recessive alleles in P101. When it's gone, it's gone for good in that particular critter.

Good luck crossing with the parent with the trait of interest! Hope you get the perfect pet soon!
Thank you for mentioning that! I was trying to boost to the maximum pedigree on one of my pets, and I almost achieved it. Extra Gritty 1 was sticky though so it took about 10 morphs to get it out.

If you have persistence, you can always prevail (most of the time actually) .