Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nerfing PvP Doubloons

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Before it was pretty cool facing other fellow pirates . The feeling of gaining powers and equipment, where in the end, the winner is naturally declared by one's customizable decisions towards their character. Unfortunately, nowadays I feel that a matches winner is determined by one's doubloons rather than raw skill. I don't think doubloons are bad, but they should be more used for PvE or at least optioned for use before PvP battles.

Ensign
May 12, 2011
I dont think doubloons should be in both types of pvp at all. Most of us do not like the fact that people use doubloons just so they can win, and even if we say doubloons, people will do it anyway, especially the mute chat people. I believe it should only be used in PvE action and taken off of PvP battles, and i speak for a lot of people when i say this.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
thefx on Jul 19, 2015 wrote:
Before it was pretty cool facing other fellow pirates . The feeling of gaining powers and equipment, where in the end, the winner is naturally declared by one's customizable decisions towards their character. Unfortunately, nowadays I feel that a matches winner is determined by one's doubloons rather than raw skill. I don't think doubloons are bad, but they should be more used for PvE or at least optioned for use before PvP battles.
YES! Please ban doubloons in PvP! Because ranked PvP is coming out in a week or two, it would not be fair to keep them in a ranked system

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
The KI team, specifically Professor Falmea, has already stated that they will turn off doubloons from Ranked PvP (both 1v1 and free for all) in the next test realm update. So no worries, they have listened to your requests to not have doubloons in PvP!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Ratbeard has confirmed they are banning doubloons.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
thefx on Jul 19, 2015 wrote:
I happened to see something a producer wrote on the test realm forum: Doubloons will be banned in PvP. I'm very happy to hear that!

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
If you can not figure out how to win using doubloons vs another player using them / then do not PVP
EVERYTHING in the game should be usable in PVP if it is even going to be put into the game.
Any kind of limit / restriction / prohibited item is UNFAIR to those who have collected the items / skills / powers

If you can not win / dont play

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
01Shadowblade on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
If you can not figure out how to win using doubloons vs another player using them / then do not PVP
EVERYTHING in the game should be usable in PVP if it is even going to be put into the game.
Any kind of limit / restriction / prohibited item is UNFAIR to those who have collected the items / skills / powers

If you can not win / dont play
So I guess it would be ok if a player used the Nefarious Staff ( scorpion swarm ), the Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu ( Terror-Cotta warriors ) then placed the Grizzled Heart Banner and on top of all that used an AQ summons with a critical boost and then a weapon power doubloon all on you?
Doubloons are banned, this is confirmed. Already Blood Flames, Moo's Imperial Crown and Moo's Boots have been banned. Charm and charming gaze are temporarily banned due to a bug.