Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A question about the companions.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2011
I want to ask some questions:
1.Why Carcarius Grimtooth isn't a storyline companion i would like to hear his voice in quests and would love to do his promotion quest?
2.If it isn't possible to add their lines to the already created storyline would we hear them in next storyline?
3.I've heard that all companions get just 4 promotions?Does that means that Bonnie Anne won't receive ever more promotions?
4.Would the Spring 2014 Update companions receive more promotions?
5.Why Chantal Livingstone got TWO Sniper Shots,but Carcarius didn't got a Mournsong or Peter Quint didn't got Vicious Charge?
I would like to receive an answer to these question as fast as its possible especially from a Developer

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
NCWFanatic on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
1.Why Carcarius Grimtooth isn't a storyline companion i would like to hear his voice in quests and would love to do his promotion quest?
2.If it isn't possible to add their lines to the already created storyline would we hear them in next storyline?
3.I've heard that all companions get just 4 promotions?Does that means that Bonnie Anne won't receive ever more promotions?
5.Why Chantal Livingstone got TWO Sniper Shots,but Carcarius didn't got a Mournsong or Peter Quint didn't got Vicious Charge?
I would like to receive an answer to these question as fast as its possible especially from a Developer
I can answer some of these questions, if they're not around to answer.

1. While I would like to hear the Class Choice 5 companions speak dialogue during quests, I don't know if they may do it yet, considering that we've been waiting for our long-awaiting next storyline update & such. While I despise the choice of ridding companion dialogue lines to make room for them, & thank goodness Blind Mew doesn't like that choice, for obvious reasons, he said, if I recall, I may favor for having them chat more as a choice. We got our backstories from these companions through the Rogue's Gallery videos, & I would like to see those surface to life in the game in their promotion quests(Blind Mew did say that creating their promo quests, especially their latest, will take time, & it will take plenty of it, if they go for that choice), however, retrofitting past quests to add their dialogue lines in them for the Class Choice 5 companions & creating their promo quests to replace their "pay for gold" quests, that would take plenty of time to make, even with KI recruiting more quest writers, artists, modelers, programmers, & builders, & so on, to accommodate that, as well as creating new solo instances, too. I would like to hear their voice actors that did these companions reprise their roles, though. They were good.

2. The Class Choice 5 will get more promotions, like the rest of the companions. Takes time, but they'll still continue to get promotions.

3. I don't think our companions will ever stop promoting after 4 promotions, so you presume. They will still keep promoting & still receive new looks. KingsIsle will just keep using their creative imaginations to keep up with more promotion looks. Don't worry. 4 promotions won't be the end of their promotions. They still got plenty of tales to speak of, especially after the first main story arc gets done & more new major story arcs get made. Don't believe everything other players may say & you hear from them.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
3 & 4. The promotion things. Seriously, we can't promote Bonnie Anne any more until there's more storyline. Same with the spring update companions. Assuming the story is as big as we've been promised (over and over and over, eventually), it makes sense that all our companions would promote again. That's not a thing worth worrying about right now, when you and Bonnie Anne can only go up to level 65 anyway.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
1. The class companions aren't main quest companions only these have dialogue and story promotions.
2. See above answer.
3. Depends on when our story continues and our level cap is increased.
4. See above answer, they will probably promote for gold ( although I would LOVE at least one story promotion. )
5. Yet Carcarius got Jubu's Breath and Peter got Whale's Might.

Ensign
May 01, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
1. The class companions aren't main quest companions only these have dialogue and story promotions.
2. See above answer.
3. Depends on when our story continues and our level cap is increased.
4. See above answer, they will probably promote for gold ( although I would LOVE at least one story promotion. )
5. Yet Carcarius got Jubu's Breath and Peter got Whale's Might.
Yeah but Chantal gets two sniper shots a super hit card and a buff
While Carcarius gets Jobu Embrace Purge And Buff and i think that is not so fair