Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Comapnions health/ Training Build

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 11, 2014
Hello there, why do companions take so long to regenerate life once they die? I see this as a very long process especially if your first team is all wiped out and your second set of companions die too. Is there a way to better prevent companion dying in battle as much? I'm level 52 Swashbuckler. I also want to know how you guys build your companions? What are the best skills, talents to level with companions like; Sarah Steele, El Toro, Monkey King, Cat Ninja?

Sincerely, Yours

Thanks in advance!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Millineum on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
Hello there, why do companions take so long to regenerate life once they die? I see this as a very long process especially if your first team is all wiped out and your second set of companions die too. Is there a way to better prevent companion dying in battle as much? I'm level 52 Swashbuckler. I also want to know how you guys build your companions? What are the best skills, talents to level with companions like; Sarah Steele, El Toro, Monkey King, Cat Ninja?

Sincerely, Yours

Thanks in advance!
These swashbuckler class companions benefit most by having as much dodge and agility as possible. Also, since the inevitable can happen, due to bad luck, I suggest 2 ranks of "Scrapper" getting them back earlier is a good benefit to have.

Ensign
May 23, 2014
While Anecorbie might be the wiser of us 2 on this matter, I try to make my companions as fortuitously prepared for combat as possible, hoping that this will stave off their (inevitable) defeat, instead of preparing for it. I give anyone with riposte as much dodge as possible, and swashbucklers gain more chance at relentlesses, more overall damage, and more critical chance with increased agility. In addition, I would suggest accuracy, and health. Some like to give their swashbucklers damage, and while this does max out their potential as damage dealers extraordinaire, I would go with caution (therefore health) on this one-they attract soooo much fire, and they can't dodge everything--the system is skewed towards accuracy.

Simply: Accuracy 4, Dodge 4, Health 4, Agility 4.

Also, I'm not mocking you, I just enjoyed that you spelled it comapnions. I suppose they are intent on finding the map, too...

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That's a lot of good companions there,here some recommendation for each characters.

In general characters build are max agility,max damage, some health, max dodge, a little armor and max accurate.Since this class hit fast and hard,boosting thire low health dose help.Also known as the ninja class.

El Toro- For me a light melee attack, that's frist strike, double relentless, repose and blade storm.Max agility,max rough, some health, some armor and lots of dodge.

Sarah Steel-This one is a fast hitter,she comes with repeal her default power,now with first strike, relentless,blade strom/double relentless and repose. Max agility,Max Rough,Max Dodge, Some health and Some accuracy. This build works for me, give this one a try.

I have not used Money King and Cat Ninja that much, I can't say much.Try experimenting,on thire powers and talents and see if the build is good. Test it on Fin and his " friends ", at the temple of Gloom.

I hope this help.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
That's a lot of good companions there,here some recommendation for each characters.

In general characters build are max agility,max damage, some health, max dodge, a little armor and max accurate.Since this class hit fast and hard,boosting thire low health dose help.Also known as the ninja class.

El Toro- For me a light melee attack, that's frist strike, double relentless, repose and blade storm.Max agility,max rough, some health, some armor and lots of dodge.

Sarah Steel-This one is a fast hitter,she comes with repeal her default power,now with first strike, relentless,blade strom/double relentless and repose. Max agility,Max Rough,Max Dodge, Some health and Some accuracy. This build works for me, give this one a try.

I have not used Money King and Cat Ninja that much, I can't say much.Try experimenting,on thire powers and talents and see if the build is good. Test it on Fin and his " friends ", at the temple of Gloom.

I hope this help.
monkey king i gave second chance relentless bladestorm rough4 agile 4 accurate4 tough4 worked best for me
on kitty ninja i gave accurate4 rough4 dodge4 agile4 first strike3 blade relentless (kitty works very well beside sarah/lindsey, whereas sarah clashes with fan)
stormy jen silver