Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some Polaris Speculation

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 10, 2009
After playing a little in Polaris in Wiz i noticed something that could point towards a future Pirate Polaris world. Almost every enemy and NPC you encounter is holding a weapon, wether it's a sword, or a harpoon gun. I have also noticed different tiers in some of the penguins' and polar bears' armor/clothing. As i've seen anecorbie mention, Polaris may be the next world up, and this really helps her argument. I really want to visit Polaris in the near future and recruit some polar bears, walrus's and penguins onto my crew. Let's see if we end up going to Napoleguin for help. Anyway, just some interesting speculation. Hopefully polaris is coming up. After all,
"winter is coming"...

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
I find this unlikely. My memory recalls that Blind Mew said Polaris would be a "end of arc" world. It is safe to assume that Book 15 will consist of Valencia part 2 and maybe even snippets of Krokotopia.

Oh well, the Future is an open door, we shall see soon enough.
Fair sailing

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
coconut pirate on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
I find this unlikely. My memory recalls that Blind Mew said Polaris would be a "end of arc" world. It is safe to assume that Book 15 will consist of Valencia part 2 and maybe even snippets of Krokotopia.

Oh well, the Future is an open door, we shall see soon enough.
Fair sailing
I agree with the story continuing with Valencia part 2, but please do explain to me why you think we have to go to Krokotopia. Really, from a story standpoint, what is in Krokotopia for us Pirates? What would be the point for going there beyond, of course, as a means to reach Valencia?

If Krokotopia is just a means to sneak into Valencia, then really it's just as likely a next world as any other possible world including Polaris. The only world we can truly count on showing up with a story update is an addition to Valencia.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This is just to state my personal opinion why I think Polaris will be coming to P101:
There is a direct, strong story link between us pirates and the former Emperor of Polaris. Do you think Napoleguin will calmly sit in Monquista, enjoying the favor of King Gortez? Or will he seek to return to the throne and get revenge on those who revolted against him?
The reason to go to Krokotopia:
There is a small link in the activities of the Armada and Deacon ( as was revealed in his Rogue's Gallery ) that may justify going there. What was he looking for? A map piece or a clue to the location of El Dorado? Also, it's an "origin" world and it would be nice for those who chose Krok to be able to visit .
The reason to go to Grizzelheim:
It's the possible location of Erica the Red, at the very least any search for a Bear is bound to start in the Bear's home world. Unless she's a Polar Bear, in which case there's another reason to support going to Polaris. It's also an "origin" world.
Although I would love to visit many of the worlds that have had a mention in this game, like Rajah and Darkmoor, I can't find a reason to support going there in the near future.
The only world we know for certain and has been confirmed by Blind Mew is a return to Valencia.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
CdeWinter on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
I agree with the story continuing with Valencia part 2, but please do explain to me why you think we have to go to Krokotopia. Really, from a story standpoint, what is in Krokotopia for us Pirates? What would be the point for going there beyond, of course, as a means to reach Valencia?

If Krokotopia is just a means to sneak into Valencia, then really it's just as likely a next world as any other possible world including Polaris. The only world we can truly count on showing up with a story update is an addition to Valencia.
To further understand the clockwork birds and symbols on the Rosetta Stone. I believe the Rosetta Stone has old aquilan, new aquilan, and krokotopian inscriptions. From a story standpoint, it would make sense, at least for me. That is my explanation you story enthusiast!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
coconut pirate on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
To further understand the clockwork birds and symbols on the Rosetta Stone. I believe the Rosetta Stone has old aquilan, new aquilan, and krokotopian inscriptions. From a story standpoint, it would make sense, at least for me. That is my explanation you story enthusiast!!
We don't need the Rosetta Stone any more, it's served it's purpose in translating the clockwork birds.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
coconut pirate on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
Okay...
But we have used the Rosetta stone for our purposes, we don't actually need to know what the Rosetta stone says. At the end of Aquila, we take the Rosetta stone (or a copy of it) to a certain expert in Marleybone who uses the Rosetta Stone to translate the message written on the Clockwork Pigeons in Aquilan Linear B.

We weren't ever concerned with what the Rosetta Stone itself meant, we pirates were only concerned with the message inscribed on the Clockwork Birds.

The Rosetta Stone was just a tool like a hammer. Say, you're building a bookshelf, after you nail the shelf together, do you go to a hardware store to learn more about the hammer, or do you go to a bookstore to buy books?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The reason I think Polaris is next: different areas of Avery's office are decorated in world themes. With the addition of Aquila in the last storyline update, the only remaining world-themed area where we cannot yet travel is Polaris (I am assuming the Napoleonic/Regency decorations = Polaris).

Of course, it depends in part on how big the next storyline update is. If it is a smallish bump that lets us go up to level 70, then I doubt it will include a major world like Polaris, unless like Valencia the chapter sets us up just for a lightning raid.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
Okay...
But we have used the Rosetta stone for our purposes, we don't actually need to know what the Rosetta stone says. At the end of Aquila, we take the Rosetta stone (or a copy of it) to a certain expert in Marleybone who uses the Rosetta Stone to translate the message written on the Clockwork Pigeons in Aquilan Linear B.

We weren't ever concerned with what the Rosetta Stone itself meant, we pirates were only concerned with the message inscribed on the Clockwork Birds.

The Rosetta Stone was just a tool like a hammer. Say, you're building a bookshelf, after you nail the shelf together, do you go to a hardware store to learn more about the hammer, or do you go to a bookstore to buy books?
Actually, Scarlet, we do know what the Rosetta Stone says, Ulysses tells us that it praises an Aquilan Emperor in Krokotopian, Old Aquilan and Linear B. But you're right, the Stone has no further purpose in our pirate's story.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
CdeWinter on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
Okay...

Let me make myself, crystal clear , "Anecorbie and..... CdeWinter.

I don't care about the Rosetta stone either, and I know it served our purposes. I said "symbols" as in letters in the alphabet. Who's to say more secret codes won't show up. We can't just run back to the certain someone in Aquila and ask them to translate again. Can we? No. Unlikely The more knowledge us Pirates can get, the better we are to face the Clockwork secrets and rebel messages for help.

As for your, comparison, I understand "The Rosetta Stone was just a tool like a hammer." And also, I don't want to study a hammer, I am a person, I don't care about Hammer101. I read and buy books just like you "CdeWinter".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
coconut pirate on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
Let me make myself, crystal clear , "Anecorbie and..... CdeWinter.

I don't care about the Rosetta stone either, and I know it served our purposes. I said "symbols" as in letters in the alphabet. Who's to say more secret codes won't show up. We can't just run back to the certain someone in Aquila and ask them to translate again. Can we? No. Unlikely The more knowledge us Pirates can get, the better we are to face the Clockwork secrets and rebel messages for help.

As for your, comparison, I understand "The Rosetta Stone was just a tool like a hammer." And also, I don't want to study a hammer, I am a person, I don't care about Hammer101. I read and buy books just like you "CdeWinter".
If there are more secret codes that do show up - then we already have the tool by which to translate them ( that is if they use Aquilan Linear B ) but what if they ( whoever they are ) choose a different code based on a different language ( Grizzelheim Runes for example ). There is no need for sarcasm when CDeWinter and I point out there's no need to go to Krok based on transcriptions of the Rosetta Stone.
I wish we got the Stone as a housing item, though. It would look good in my library, along with my books.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
If there are more secret codes that do show up - then we already have the tool by which to translate them ( that is if they use Aquilan Linear B ) but what if they ( whoever they are ) choose a different code based on a different language ( Grizzelheim Runes for example ). There is no need for sarcasm when CDeWinter and I point out there's no need to go to Krok based on transcriptions of the Rosetta Stone.
I wish we got the Stone as a housing item, though. It would look good in my library, along with my books.
Your Opinion. My opinion.

No Sarcasm, I just wanted to make myself crystal clear "Anecorbie".

Btw, I'm sure your house would look totally amazing with the stone. It might just be the best looking object in the house itself!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
coconut pirate on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
Your Opinion. My opinion.

No Sarcasm, I just wanted to make myself crystal clear "Anecorbie".

Btw, I'm sure your house would look totally amazing with the stone. It might just be the best looking object in the house itself!
If you notice my post of Nov. 25, I stated a more viable reason for going to Krokotopia. Deacon and the Armada have been there and gain rights to exploration. Why?
As to the Rosetta Stone, I'm sure that after we handed it to the Spiral Geographic Society for translation; they kept it ( the greedy Dogs! ) and it's now in the Royal Museum of Marleybone.
Please stop putting my board name in quotation marks.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Interesting point on the weapons. It does seem they are art ready for Pirate101.

Speaking of cross game resources....does anyone else think that the new Polaris mines in Wizard101 is a different colored version of the Motherlode mine in Pirate101?

Ensign
Aug 21, 2010
I just have a question on this topic. Why am I seeing a picture of a polar bear who looks like he is standing in from of the Bastille (from w101) doing on the front door of P101? has that always been there?
And yes the jewel mine in w101 does look like a mini version of the Motherlode mine lol.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain Nakita on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
I just have a question on this topic. Why am I seeing a picture of a polar bear who looks like he is standing in from of the Bastille (from w101) doing on the front door of P101? has that always been there?
And yes the jewel mine in w101 does look like a mini version of the Motherlode mine lol.
For three years KI has been using that winter art ( showing maybe Polaris ) on the launch screen.

Ensign
Aug 21, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
For three years KI has been using that winter art ( showing maybe Polaris ) on the launch screen.
Ah, I was not sure about this so thank you Anecorbie for clearing that up for us fellow pirates.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
More semi-idle speculation:

(1) The housing items coming out of the Yule packages does include some Polaris-themed pictures - the witch's cottage, the wrecked Polaran ship, etc. These items have also been released in Wizard101 this year, where Polaris is the new realm... so it may be that shifting these items to Pirate is just an easy way to introduce more winter-themed items (just as the Polaris pictures posted every December). However,

(2) the new ship release seems to have a strong Polaris feel as well... and the fact that it does not come with any armor and cannot use any existing armor implies to me either (a) KI thinks we are too mean to NPC ships and wants to even things up a bit or - more likely - (b) armor for the beluga ships is coming.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
The beluga class ships look nice, but do need armor and better sails. One hopes that if/when Polaris becomes available we'll have a crack at upgrading our ship equipment if we spent (up to) eleven and a half bucks on the ship. Otherwise it's money wasted unless you just hang about Marleybone and lower level worlds beating up the boss ships there for scrip.