Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Capture the Flag in Ranked PvP?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I'm thinking of new PvP additions, & I'm thinking, why not add in a new ranked PvP, Capture the Flag?

This PvP mode could have us Pirates go to the enemy's side of the arena & take control of their flags until either side's opponents falls or establishes control of all flags on their side, time runs out, or acclaimed enough points to consider it a total win.

Think of this, Pirates. Would you like to see Capture the Flag in Ranked PvP? I would like to partake in it.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
The idea seems complicated, and couldn't someone just hide and take the flag? seems easy enough

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I think this would give an unfair advantage to swashbucklers and buccaneers- crazy walk range and double range charges. No class' defense is really strong enough to keep anyone away like that. If a witch happens to get shadow step first turn, ok, that's alright I guess. But muskets and privys can't get across the board as fast everyone else.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Trimond297 on Dec 4, 2015 wrote:
I'm thinking of new PvP additions, & I'm thinking, why not add in a new ranked PvP, Capture the Flag?

This PvP mode could have us Pirates go to the enemy's side of the arena & take control of their flags until either side's opponents falls or establishes control of all flags on their side, time runs out, or acclaimed enough points to consider it a total win.

Think of this, Pirates. Would you like to see Capture the Flag in Ranked PvP? I would like to partake in it.
I would certainly love that, I can imagine a big board of 10 vs 10 pirates or so (without companions)

As for unfair powers/skills, KI can just disable them...

I think it would be fun :)

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
First we have to think of each way each class can attack and defend

Witches- They can defend through widows touch halving the enemies walk range and for attack shadow step, the only problem I see here is that witches can get up to 3 shadow steps so they have the flag instantly

Privateers:to defend they would require emmet to use his gale wind power as for attacking I don't really see an option

Musketeers: the bombs and claw traps would be perfect for these games and the Overwatch is perfect, this class would be designed to defend but as for attack no chance

Swashbucklers: to defend I really don't know what slash could do but for attack they can clearly hide and use their massive walking range to attack

Buccaneers: to defend I don't know but to attack highland charge glancing blow would obviously help attack

Ensign
Feb 24, 2013
I think capture the flag would be a great addition. All classes have a specialty either be it offensive or defensive in this type of game. The one thing that I would suggest is that after a pirate claims a flag they can't use powers anymore, they're forced to rely on their team and strategy, not fog. Also when a pirate claims a flag powers like fog are removed. One last thing I would think about is how to keep this game mode away from turning into PvP where the winner just scoops up the flags after defeating all their foes. One thought would be to have defeated pirates re spawn like 3 turns after being defeated, so a team can't just go for KO's.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 1, 2016 wrote:
First we have to think of each way each class can attack and defend

Witches- They can defend through widows touch halving the enemies walk range and for attack shadow step, the only problem I see here is that witches can get up to 3 shadow steps so they have the flag instantly

Privateers:to defend they would require emmet to use his gale wind power as for attacking I don't really see an option

Musketeers: the bombs and claw traps would be perfect for these games and the Overwatch is perfect, this class would be designed to defend but as for attack no chance

Swashbucklers: to defend I really don't know what slash could do but for attack they can clearly hide and use their massive walking range to attack

Buccaneers: to defend I don't know but to attack highland charge glancing blow would obviously help attack
Nice list! I'll try to fill in some gaps.

Buccaneer Defense: Hold the Line

Swashbuckler Defense: Hurl Blades and Hurl Knives. They each reduce the movement of the target. It'd be nice to see them get another use since almost no swashbucklers ever seem to use them.

Musketeer Offense: Yeah there's not too much they can do there. They can grant Burst Fire and Overwatch but those are mainly defensive. I guess their agility buffs could be good? They also have shots that can lower dodge if that could be effective.

Privateer Offense: Yeah that's also an issue. Fighting fervor gives a will bonus to attack power if that's beneficial. Then there's Tower of Iron Will, which is will bonus for defense and resistance but that's mainly defense. Discipline and Enduring Discipline for crit boost?

Now, I think that Capture the Flag could be awesome! I'd love to see that! Just as long as KI does it right.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Trimond297 on Dec 4, 2015 wrote:

Battle royale all ready messed pvp up a lot I personally don't want another game mode all you would have to do is farm soto get his shades then use shadow step and gg

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Nice list! I'll try to fill in some gaps.

Buccaneer Defense: Hold the Line

Swashbuckler Defense: Hurl Blades and Hurl Knives. They each reduce the movement of the target. It'd be nice to see them get another use since almost no swashbucklers ever seem to use them.

Musketeer Offense: Yeah there's not too much they can do there. They can grant Burst Fire and Overwatch but those are mainly defensive. I guess their agility buffs could be good? They also have shots that can lower dodge if that could be effective.

Privateer Offense: Yeah that's also an issue. Fighting fervor gives a will bonus to attack power if that's beneficial. Then there's Tower of Iron Will, which is will bonus for defense and resistance but that's mainly defense. Discipline and Enduring Discipline for crit boost?

Now, I think that Capture the Flag could be awesome! I'd love to see that! Just as long as KI does it right.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Now that I see a more complete list I think that if this were in the game it would create a ranking of classes again