Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions not fully promoted level cap

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 02, 2015
I've noticed other players companions have their companions at a high level like the Archer bird i got from Aquila i got mine when i was level 65 and i noticed others with her having gold armor and able to shoot flames on the field but i can't promote mine cause it says can not exceed players level so she's kinda basic looking. same with a couple of my other companions i bought from the crown shop. i'm kinda hoping we get an increase on our levels so i can have them promoted cause i feel i'm missing out on their new abilities cause i waited to get certain ones at level 65. I know you can play as a new pirate but all my companions are on my Swashbuckler class and wasn't planning on buying companions for my other pirates, if we could put the crown ones in the shared bank then at least i could level them up to their full promotions they should be.

btw love love love this game and can't wait for what else is coming out later.

Ensign
Mar 13, 2010
Apple Jack on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:
I've noticed other players companions have their companions at a high level like the Archer bird i got from Aquila i got mine when i was level 65 and i noticed others with her having gold armor and able to shoot flames on the field but i can't promote mine cause it says can not exceed players level so she's kinda basic looking. same with a couple of my other companions i bought from the crown shop. i'm kinda hoping we get an increase on our levels so i can have them promoted cause i feel i'm missing out on their new abilities cause i waited to get certain ones at level 65. I know you can play as a new pirate but all my companions are on my Swashbuckler class and wasn't planning on buying companions for my other pirates, if we could put the crown ones in the shared bank then at least i could level them up to their full promotions they should be.

Are you a musketeer? If so I think the eagle archer that you got was the one from the storyline quest, and not the Zeena side quest in Achaea. Zeena is the Warrior Princess that can shoot flames from her bow, and to get her you would have to complete her side quest given by Frontinus in Achaea. He's located right before the stone tunnel up to the amazon archers. Hope this helps and happy sailing! :)

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Apple Jack on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:

There's no companion that promotes above level 65, you're probably mixing up Eagle Archer and Zeena.

Ensign
Oct 02, 2015
OK now I see I do have musketeer but haven't done much with it. thank you

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
There are two types of Eagle Archer, Zeena is the leader of that tribe and have that power.A great companion.

The other type is the regular type and unlike it's tribal counter part, they don't have that skill ( yet ). pirate characters can recruit this companion, as part of the main storyline, or if wanted for other pirate class can purchase this companion in the crown shop, after a quest.