Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"The Bushi Brothers" maintenance & polish thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
While doing the side quest, "The Bushi Brothers", I have some thoughts on that quest, in maintenance & polish.

1. Once I rung the Gong in the Paths of Penance near Songan Pagoda, I don't see & hear the Gong making the ringing sound effect. Not only that, Bonnie Anne should appear near the Pagoda's entrance & the cutscene camera should focus on her while saying, "I hear something from inside! Let's go and put this ghost to rest!", & there's no ruckus sound effects heard from inside the Pagoda while outside playing while she said that line.

2. The spirit of Isao Murasaki, Goro's brother, seems to be alone, as in, with no other Samoorai Ghosts accompanying him to battle while inside Songan Pagoda while he said, "Outlander, Songan Pagoda is under my protection! Leave now, or I shall make you join me in the afterlife!". I expected that Pagoda to be guarded by him & other Samoorai ghosts. Place in some Samoorai ghost enemies to accommodate Isao, to make it a bit more fair, because only us & our companions against just Isao is slightly too easy. Also, his ghost color is red instead of blue, both his model & his portrait image, in accordance to the goal's portrait image. That should be changed.

3. The cutscene camera should focus on Goro Murasaki as he says his lines, "Can you help me with a matter of honor? I have no one else to turn to, and I see that you are both powerful and fearless.", & "I am in your debt. My family will speak of you well, and will burn incense in your honor.".

Those are my thoughts on it's polish & maintenance. Hope they get done soon.

Thanks for reading this!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
While doing the side quest, "The Bushi Brothers", I have some thoughts on that quest, in maintenance & polish.

1. Once I rung the Gong in the Paths of Penance near Songan Pagoda, I don't see & hear the Gong making the ringing sound effect. Not only that, Bonnie Anne should appear near the Pagoda's entrance & the cutscene camera should focus on her while saying, "I hear something from inside! Let's go and put this ghost to rest!", & there's no ruckus sound effects heard from inside the Pagoda while outside playing while she said that line.

2. The spirit of Isao Murasaki, Goro's brother, seems to be alone, as in, with no other Samoorai Ghosts accompanying him to battle while inside Songan Pagoda while he said, "Outlander, Songan Pagoda is under my protection! Leave now, or I shall make you join me in the afterlife!". I expected that Pagoda to be guarded by him & other Samoorai ghosts. Place in some Samoorai ghost enemies to accommodate Isao, to make it a bit more fair, because only us & our companions against just Isao is slightly too easy. Also, his ghost color is red instead of blue, both his model & his portrait image, in accordance to the goal's portrait image. That should be changed.

3. The cutscene camera should focus on Goro Murasaki as he says his lines, "Can you help me with a matter of honor? I have no one else to turn to, and I see that you are both powerful and fearless.", & "I am in your debt. My family will speak of you well, and will burn incense in your honor.".

Those are my thoughts on it's polish & maintenance. Hope they get done soon.

Thanks for reading this!
1.Yes
2. I thought his threat of making us join him in the after life simply meant we would be dead - not actually being bound to serve him, however your interpretation makes sense and having extra enemies to fight would make this a more interesting instance.
I believe his ghost is red because he is under a curse, when we defeat him, then his spirit should become blue.
3. Yes

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
1.Yes
2. I thought his threat of making us join him in the after life simply meant we would be dead - not actually being bound to serve him, however your interpretation makes sense and having extra enemies to fight would make this a more interesting instance.
I believe his ghost is red because he is under a curse, when we defeat him, then his spirit should become blue.
3. Yes
The color of Isao's spirit changing from red to blue upon his defeat does make sense. & having some more enemies join him may make it fair while fighting him.

Thanks for reading it.

Even though I really love the numerous cutscene camera work improvements to Cool Ranch's numerous quests, by far, that is, & I know many who posted these before have been thanked for it, there are other quests in other worlds out there that may need it, including those in MooShu & Valencia, even though there are few quests there, & no doubt there may be more someday.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Also just to add I believe Isao was waiting for his brother so he wanted to fight him alone that's why he is not accompanied by any spirits or even samurai skeletons