Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What World would you retire on?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 29, 2010
Ahoy, Pirates! If ye ever find El Dorado (and maybe yer parents, too!) and stop the Armada, what would be next? Would ye retire on your own private island? Buy a mansion on yer favorite world? Maybe start a Buffaloon ranch or attend the prestigious academy in Valencia? How would you retire in the spiral?

Personally, I think I would head back to the Skull Island skyways and help the remaining Skull Island Aztecosaurs rebuild their homes (and drive off any more Monquistan gold diggers so the different Water Mole tribes can resume their normal way of life). Then, seeing as how there is an unusually high pirate population in Skull Island, I think retiring there with my remaining wealth might not be the wisest choice. Plus have you seen those jungles? I bet the mosquitoes are huge! I like the fine arts and romantic qualities of Valencia, perhaps I'd find one of the smaller community islands in Valencia (if there are any left) and purchase an old historical manor made with fine Valencian archetecture. Gaspard De Vole seems like he would fit in well there....perhaps he'd like to be hired as my front door guard?

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
I think after I find Eldorado I may open a small Hat shop in Marleybone and then live the rest of my life in peace and happiness.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Ellie Goldenheart on Jun 8, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy, Pirates! If ye ever find El Dorado (and maybe yer parents, too!) and stop the Armada, what would be next? Would ye retire on your own private island? Buy a mansion on yer favorite world? Maybe start a Buffaloon ranch or attend the prestigious academy in Valencia? How would you retire in the spiral?

Personally, I think I would head back to the Skull Island skyways and help the remaining Skull Island Aztecosaurs rebuild their homes (and drive off any more Monquistan gold diggers so the different Water Mole tribes can resume their normal way of life). Then, seeing as how there is an unusually high pirate population in Skull Island, I think retiring there with my remaining wealth might not be the wisest choice. Plus have you seen those jungles? I bet the mosquitoes are huge! I like the fine arts and romantic qualities of Valencia, perhaps I'd find one of the smaller community islands in Valencia (if there are any left) and purchase an old historical manor made with fine Valencian archetecture. Gaspard De Vole seems like he would fit in well there....perhaps he'd like to be hired as my front door guard?
Excellent question!
First, are we limited to the worlds we can access in Pirate101 or is it open to both P101 and W101 worlds?
If it's open to any world I'll take Avalon. Green rolling hills, flowing streams, knights and dragons and trolls, oh my... and, oh yeah, Monty Python!! Perfect!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ellie Goldenheart on Jun 8, 2016 wrote:

I like this idea! I believe that I would retire as a pirate and attend both the University of Sivella ( pursuing a degree in Fine Arts ) & find a nice Salon of the Duello ( fencing ). But as my income may need bolstering, I might begin an import/export business throughout the Spiral.
With enough wealth to grease a few palms, I would purchase a ( small ) title and enter in the gentry of Valencia, Contessa Argento would be of great help in instruction and guidance through the court of Valencia. A small manor house would suit me well.
My crew would be given fabulous gifts so that they may pursue their dreams ( whatever they are ).
May I suggest that Gaspard be given a better post than door guard? He could be your majordomo, as such he would order your household and make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Be the new Captain Gunn.(If not greater)

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I would Retire in Marleybone, open a fencing school, have a family. Me crew would go through the Spiral and pursue their dreams, but we still keep in touch from time to time. I would also partner up with "Mann the Bounty Hunter" to keep the streets of Marleybone safe whenever he has a Job fer me. and one day I would hope me Offspring would follow in me footsteps as Pirate Heroes, spreading Freedom and Mercy throughout the Spiral (and Loot from bad Pirates ever chance ye get too) to be thee Greatest of Adventurers.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Retire? I'm dyin' with me boots on.

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is a great question it depends witch pirate character read this question.

Nicole = After defeating Kane and the armada troops, she would retire to Skull Island to have a nice mansion. Tell her amazing stories to her family members, friends and crew members ( expect fin ) , travel around the spiral, enjoy a life of luxury and become the new boss in avery's court.

Jessica = She will continue adventuring the spiral to become a master pirate . She will retire in Aquila, to train new warriors, enjoy a life of luxury and visit her fellow pirates to hang out.

Amber = Will continue adventuring the spiral to become a mester . She would retire in Darkmoor to enjoy some soulite and become a new trainer in skull island to train new s .

Brittay ( Britney ) = Will continue adventuring to become a master . She would head back to Cool Ranch,rebuild the train with better materials and help the dog professor his research on the juction.Behold the brith of geology in the spiral.

Isabel ( Lisa, her real name ) = Will continue adventuring to become a master . She is planning to retire in Plorais,to tell her amazing story with friends and family members.

Rodrigo = Just want to explore more of the spiral. He is planning to retire in Moo Shu, to study the fighting style,history and culture. Hang out with friends and crew members.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
I'd definitely retire on MooShu. While Cool Ranch is my favourite world, MooShu is far more beautiful and much more rich in lore. That, and you don't have to worry about bandits!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Retire! Are you kidding me? I would love to live in a mansion in Sivella, Valencia (which is my favorite World) or possibly open up a Dojo in MooShu for those ninja students who are willing to learn. But retiring... No, I would never retire! Because I'm always up for an adventure, I don't think I'll ever be retiring from the life of an adventure and just sit around drinking Yum.

I would most definitely love opening up a Dojo in MooShu... or work at my Tavern in Smuggler's Cove, The Captain's Cove and serve some thirsty (and hungry!) customers! (This idea of The Captain's Cove was told by a friend named Fearless Griffin Davenport.) What should the Dojo be called? I have no idea. Maybe, since I may be known by so many other people because of my questing, I might make a new name for myself so I won't get spotted by the Armada. I already made Esperanza Rodriguez because Selena and that other Rodriguez (man, I forget his name! He's in Santo Pollo), the father, were so nice to me because I helped them on a Quest.

And I will never forget to not let wealth get the best of me when I retire to two mansions - in Sivella, and in Hamamitsu Garden in MooShu! Wealth is a good thing, but sometimes too much of it is too much of a good thing.

For all of you who are planning on getting to El Dorado - not for the wealth, but so the Armada won't get the wealth - have fun on your retirements. But, as for me and my Crew of Companions, I will keep adventuring!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

The Dashing Swashbuckler, a.k.a. Helpful Aurora Parker, almost Level 44 Swashbuckler

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
I would retire in Cool Ranch in the haunted skyway town Miranda (I'm a witchdoctor that's my thing) and I would rule over the town in the far reaches of the spiral and make it a city of Cool Ranch where few of the living journey to

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Ooh, I would buy a mansion - or better yet, a castle - in all of the worlds (except for Monquista, their buildings are far too small), but I don't think I'll ever settle down in one place. I live for adventure! I'll be more than happy to spend the rest of my days travelling throughout the Spiral.

I suppose that means I would "retire" on my pirate ship.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Oh well this is pretty easy for me because lot's of times while I'm playing the game I start daydreaming about what my pirates would do in their off time and where they would live. While I don't think my pirate would ever officially retire I do think he would settle down. I imagine him settling down in Marleybone place where he grew up, he would use his connections and fame to become a high officer in her Majesty's Army or Navy. All the while making a (second) fortune by trading exotic goods, buying and then reselling weapons and such, and maybe even making his own line of bottled and canned goods. But he would spend what off time he has in faraway lands like Polaris, Rajah, and Zafaria. Yea I know it sounds like a lot for one person to do but, considering our pirates are like REALLY young in the game I think he would have lots of time to pursue his interests.

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Aquila, learn to speak sonnet, play the lyre, and live in a Roman palace. Oh and did I say olives? Also if you get board you can go fight monsters!

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
I'll retire on whatever world my companions want the most, I guess, since a Priv's companions are much more important to them than themselves.

Silent Miranda, 65
Miranda, 63

Ensign
Apr 10, 2013
I'd put Lucky Jack Russel in charge of my primary ship and crew (first mate Emmett), then take the Marchioness and the Monk Fidelio on one my smaller vessels to Monquista to help the Order of St. Simian (if none of them survived the "banana seed heresy", we'd start it anew) try and establish religious peace and help steer the Church more toward the pursuit of truth and compassion instead of corrupt dominance and power. Of course, some good old-fashioned piratin' might be required to make this all happen if any of the old Monquisition remain - they're clearly not a group to be swayed by words, logic, and compassion.

You know, I've never written fanfic before, but this is actually kind of tempting.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Oooh! Well, naturally, my first thought is Avalon- but Pirate Emma and Wizard Emma are two separate identities, so I'll likely have to pick a Pirate world. XD (But seriously, I long to be the princess of Avalon- a female representation of one of King Arthur's obscure sons, like Gwydre, Llacheu, or even his unknown daughter Tortolina! Ahhh...)

{Seriously KI, what do I have to do to become the princess of Avalon? }

In truth, once my pirating days are over, I'll retire to a fancy mansion in Marleybone...

Also, I'm a bit late in responding to this, but I couldn't resist.

Ciao!

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
I actually own a mine on Volcano Island, so I would probably work there full time if I retired from piracy, because I could make some good money off of all the Aztecan treasures I have found! After that, though, I will probably settle at Santo Pollo in Cool Ranch and live in a nice, big house with the rest of my crew and maybe become a lawman to keep the peace with the banditoads

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
Lawrence: either Polaris or Grizzleheim (as a guard for either world)
Neville: either any town in Cool ranch as a lawman or Hamamitsu Gardens of Mooshu as a member of the tea trade for Marleybone.
Scott: either Marleybone as a royal navy officer or Port Regal, Skull Island
Edward: Flotsom, Skull Island
Ronan: Darkmoor, obviously because he can get along with the dead very well there.