Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to Play Buccaneer In PvP Now

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
I seriously am at a loss what to do now. I recently started playing again because of the update and all of the sudden Old Scratch is a staple companion that can make your heals regenerate 70% of your total starting health, your big guns deal 600 damage, and your mournsongs do 1000 damage (this is all non critical). I haven't even played a musketeer yet, that will be fun (not).

Plus blast of discord is the perfect round 1 power when you can't move or anything. No downside to using it; it's like chain lightning with infinite range and more likelihood of giving you an immediate advantage. I was all for giving witchdoctors a buff a while ago (eg larger board so bucks can't rush in one turn) but this is overwhelming.

I am currently using mournsong and mojo storm gear because why throw yourself into danger when you can do more damage from the other side of the board? I beat one person who took my old scratch down to 100 health then my crane did a 1900 heal not including after effects. That was fun in all but once I get past rank 2 I'm stuck and I have no clue how to play buck anymore. Any current buck champions willing to give some advice for someone who doesn't have nausica or goro or any grizzleham pack companions?

Here is my current gear:

Helmet: mournsong
Armor: valor's fortress
Boots: walk in darkness
Weapon: minotaur axe
Eyepatch: assassin's strike
Charm: ghostwail and mojo mastery
Totem: mournsong
Ring: mojo storm
Pet: relentless, soul reaver, agility boost, and will boost

I have also tried traditional moo gear, burst fire quiver and navarcho's set (i trained burst fire too), and uncanny shots for the occasional swashbuckler.

Please help!

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
bluba4 on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:
I seriously am at a loss what to do now. I recently started playing again because of the update and all of the sudden Old Scratch is a staple companion that can make your heals regenerate 70% of your total starting health, your big guns deal 600 damage, and your mournsongs do 1000 damage (this is all non critical). I haven't even played a musketeer yet, that will be fun (not).

Plus blast of discord is the perfect round 1 power when you can't move or anything. No downside to using it; it's like chain lightning with infinite range and more likelihood of giving you an immediate advantage. I was all for giving witchdoctors a buff a while ago (eg larger board so bucks can't rush in one turn) but this is overwhelming.

I am currently using mournsong and mojo storm gear because why throw yourself into danger when you can do more damage from the other side of the board? I beat one person who took my old scratch down to 100 health then my crane did a 1900 heal not including after effects. That was fun in all but once I get past rank 2 I'm stuck and I have no clue how to play buck anymore. Any current buck champions willing to give some advice for someone who doesn't have nausica or goro or any grizzleham pack companions?

Here is my current gear:

Helmet: mournsong
Armor: valor's fortress
Boots: walk in darkness
Weapon: minotaur axe
Eyepatch: assassin's strike
Charm: ghostwail and mojo mastery
Totem: mournsong
Ring: mojo storm
Pet: relentless, soul reaver, agility boost, and will boost

I have also tried traditional moo gear, burst fire quiver and navarcho's set (i trained burst fire too), and uncanny shots for the occasional swashbuckler.

Please help!
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't thunk you're bringing out the true potential pf your class. I've never played buck, but Mounrsong and Mojo storm gear should be replaced with fort, heal, or assassin gear. There arw manh bucks out there who have been successful witjout scratch. Your class is meant to charge and rush at the opponent, creating pressure. For your hat I recommend Helm Of the Valiant for the fort which you can farm at badically any marley boss. The tower totem, purge charm and revive ring. Privateer has thr class advantage over bucks and if played properly will win even if its a 1v4. Keep in mind that scratch's power that you mentioned can only be used by the pirate for 2 turns. So most privy will have to choose between bombs or heals. You can highland, then rush kill scratch before they can really abuse scratch to his fullest potential, forcing them to play defensive earlier which will waste those precious mojo turns. Witch is the same, excepr much easier to beat than privy for bucks since you can chain them down and they don't really dodge even with elusive 3 and have little forts to protect them late game.

What companions are you using? There are many great companions that buck can recieve, and byck can really bring them out the best offensively By buck.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
I always have Pete. I have tried toro and bonnie, but nausica decimates bonnie so I stopped that. I tried barnabus and ratbeard, but attacks didn't have enough oomph to them. Then I came up with the idea of wu tang and old scratch. Wu tang's heal can heal all the way with the best mojo flow thing and he can really soak up damage with his high health. The problem is, he is very slow and riposte is a wasted epic on him. Also, old scratch is useless in a highland charge.

I am thinking about trying Pete, Toro, and Contessa...