Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Current State of Pirate101 PvP.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Quite Jacques on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
BOD in my opinion should be replaced with another power for Privy, In my opinion the perfect power to add now would be Critical block, and toss it on some gear for other classes, critical block would be perfect.
Critical block would change just make this game even more RNG based. If that were to happen, we'd be one step closer to Wiz PvP. Additionally, I doubt that KI would ever replace a power, they would only nerf a power, which I think they do to stop very long discord chains.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Simply put, there are certain players in the arena that constantly decline matches to avoid tough match ups, specifically quentin. I have seen first hand in the brawling hall people asking one another "did I pull you?" when queue pops up, and if their friend says no, they figure is quentin (which usually is if he's online) and decline the match. Is a bit pathetic really. Their advantage they see is getting someone easier to beat than quentin.

I'm disgusted by that.
"Disgusted"?
This is now happening to me. Five declines in a row and two opponents looking at me and fleeing! I'm beginning to think there's a "yellow streak" a mile long around the Brawlin' Hall!

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
PvP used to be great, before the new update. I've lost five or six times due to privateers using discord first round.I'm going to give up if KI doesnt fix this soon

Black Ryan Randall

Developer
Celestialmaster147 on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
Dodge or block do stop discord, however, it is rarely seen. All units accuracy are changed to 75% while the power is still in effect. Additionally, each unit has a 75% chance to be affected by the power, which is why it ends before someone dodges. I think Discord should be changed to having a maximum amount of hits, maybe up to 2 hits per companion?
That's not correct. BoD does not change the basic accuracy of any unit. It uses the same calculation as all other attacks: base of 75, then factor in accuracy and dodge.

Same as always!

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Ratbeard on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Simply put, there are certain players in the arena that constantly decline matches to avoid tough match ups, specifically quentin. I have seen first hand in the brawling hall people asking one another "did I pull you?" when queue pops up, and if their friend says no, they figure is quentin (which usually is if he's online) and decline the match. Is a bit pathetic really. Their advantage they see is getting someone easier to beat than quentin.

I'm disgusted by that.
Lol it's sad TBH, I myself have had to deal with this on multiple occasions. Sometimes I have to go to a different realm only then do they accept the match finally because they believe I switched chars/gone offline :/

TBH the easiest way to fix it is to:
  • Remove the icon that appears when a match is found
  • Add a "Flee" timer like in Wizard101 with a 5 minute timer penalty if one party declines/times out (If they're afk when it happens they'll be AFK by the time the 5 minutes are up so no "What if I'm AFK" arguments)

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Celestialmaster147 on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
Critical block would change just make this game even more RNG based. If that were to happen, we'd be one step closer to Wiz PvP. Additionally, I doubt that KI would ever replace a power, they would only nerf a power, which I think they do to stop very long discord chains.
You honestly think a critical block would make the game more RNG based? Critical's without a buff are RNG based, due to the fact they are pure luck.Plus you can somewhat counter a critical block by using whales might, grand shadowdance, discipline, and others. You cant counter OP lucky critical's without any critical's buff on.I have lost a lot of matches due to buccaneers having absolutely no buff on and somehow getting crazy critical's.

Brass Ryan Randall

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
To go off topic, why does getting a ranked pvp match take so. darn. long?

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
rex1556 on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
You honestly think a critical block would make the game more RNG based? Critical's without a buff are RNG based, due to the fact they are pure luck.Plus you can somewhat counter a critical block by using whales might, grand shadowdance, discipline, and others. You cant counter OP lucky critical's without any critical's buff on.I have lost a lot of matches due to buccaneers having absolutely no buff on and somehow getting crazy critical's.

Brass Ryan Randall
If the bucc's strength is higher than yours, which it will be unless you are also a bucc, they do have a chance to critical on you, the buff just gives them an even higher chance!

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
the Fearless Devil on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
To go off topic, why does getting a ranked pvp match take so. darn. long?
Perhaps because we need to be friendlier and more helpful to grow the pvp community. I can not tell you how many times i have already been yelled at for various infractions, such as um, being lucky?

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps because we need to be friendlier and more helpful to grow the pvp community. I can not tell you how many times i have already been yelled at for various infractions, such as um, being lucky?
I felt like posting. Stu me.

Well, I think Jasmine's quote sums it up. Why are we arguing and yelling at each other? Merle's sake, it's a game!

(Get it, because Merle is a powerful wizard - heh heh heh ... heh heh... heh ... heh ...)

Anyways, why don't we make peace and not war by talking NICELY to people?

Sincerly:

An extremly underwhelming message writer.