Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Heads up to people flying through dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 11, 2012
The skeletal dragons may look like fun, but DONT DO IT! they have over 2k health.

Might be fun to farm at higher lvls, but your first time through the skyway they deal 100's-300's in damage

Just a friendly warning to any daring adventures

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
allanontheseer on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
The skeletal dragons may look like fun, but DONT DO IT! they have over 2k health.

Might be fun to farm at higher lvls, but your first time through the skyway they deal 100's-300's in damage

This was quite the topic of interest during beta. It is true, the bone drakes through that particular storm gate are difficult. People with slower computers tended to get pulled in a lot. I think KI shortened their leash to help with the issue of getting pulled in unexpectedly.

Good luck!

Ensign
Jul 01, 2012
It's also worth noting that once you finish Valencia, if you try to return via the stormgate through Avernus, these dragons are patrolling the entrance to the stormgate back to Monquista. I tried going back that way and ended up being thrown all the way back to Steed's ranch when the dragons killed me XD Just use your skull island teleport, when it's time to go home! :D

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Loeden on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
It's also worth noting that once you finish Valencia, if you try to return via the stormgate through Avernus, these dragons are patrolling the entrance to the stormgate back to Monquista. I tried going back that way and ended up being thrown all the way back to Steed's ranch when the dragons killed me XD Just use your skull island teleport, when it's time to go home! :D
Maybe they fixed the return from Valencia because I did the return trip from Valencia today without a problem. I did stay on the Windlane and, although the Bone Drakes flew close, I was not dragged into a fight.

Ensign
Sep 21, 2012
well the monkeys did warn us bout how dangerous Avernes skyway was. so its only natural that the bone drakes would be strong

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
I was very tempted to challenge one but didn't and yea when I got back from Valencia the Bone Drakes were blocking the storm gate I had to very carefully move my Galleon by them.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Ah yes good times. Being the silly swashbuckler I am I thought "ooh orange monster names lets go fight those." My partner and I(who ported to me despite my pointed warning to her. I am assuming she took pity on my err silliness) lasted a good 5 turns thanks to walk in darkness/shadows. It was quiet interesting watching impending doom circle the game board killing my companions as my timer slowly ran out....

Community Leader
These critters are definately ones to be avoided, at least the first time you venture into Avernus.

Back in beta the stormgate used to dump you into a nest of them you had to quickly navigate through to avoid. After a number of comments, they changed the stormgate to dump onto the windlane... Whew!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 01, 2011
Always be careful sailing because they fly close and if you are careless you will get dragged. I can't wait till I'm a higher level to start farming these guys. I bet they give out some helpful armor!

Ensign
May 17, 2011
Well, as first I thought that Avernus was the part of the spiral you have to go through to get there. I was like, "I have no idea what those monkeys are so scared of. This isn't to bad!"

And then I saw the bone drakes...
Me" Oooooooooh. So THIS is Avernus. Cool, bone dragons!
Five seconds later: RUUUUUUUUUN!

-Dark Amber
(I almost got caught there! Those monkeys were not kidding!).

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
FatesKin: “Being the silly swashbuckler I am I thought ‘ooh orange monster names lets go fight those.’"
That is exactly what my 17th level swashbuckler, David Gordon, thought yesterday, so he went to check them out. He was bounced by three, all with between 2,000 and 2,060 hit points. A loooong two hours later, he killed the last one.
They do 100-300 points per hit. My first mate (a promoted Sarah Steele) and Old Scratch were gone by turn two. David was still unhurt because he had thrown Walk in Shadows on the first turn. He followed that a couple of turns later with Walk in Darkness. I was just curious to see how much damage he could do to one before being squashed like an insect. (Continued).

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
(Part 2) But there was a glitch, and they never saw David to attack him. I have no idea how many turns he chased them up and down the deck trying to stab them (roughly 6 out of 7 of his attacks were blocked), but it took two full hours, and I was probably doing c. 3 turns per minute. I persisted because my wife has been trying to convince me that “patience is a virtue”; plus I was quite curious about experience and treasure.

So, how much experience did David earn from his two-hour battle against three Bone Dragons? 18.

How much treasure did the three mighty Bone Dragons drop? 138, 14, and 1 gold; no kit.

I was hoping for some sort of badge, but nope. Oh well – only succeeded because of the glitch (which I need to report to Kings Isle).

Ensign
May 17, 2011
Indigo Ring on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
(Part 2) But there was a glitch, and they never saw David to attack him. I have no idea how many turns he chased them up and down the deck trying to stab them (roughly 6 out of 7 of his attacks were blocked), but it took two full hours, and I was probably doing c. 3 turns per minute. I persisted because my wife has been trying to convince me that “patience is a virtue”; plus I was quite curious about experience and treasure.

So, how much experience did David earn from his two-hour battle against three Bone Dragons? 18.

How much treasure did the three mighty Bone Dragons drop? 138, 14, and 1 gold; no kit.

I was hoping for some sort of badge, but nope. Oh well – only succeeded because of the glitch (which I need to report to Kings Isle).
Please don't. That "glitch" has been saving our necks since we got those abilitys. Without it the ability is useless to a lot of swashbucklers.

-Dark Amber
(Call me a cheater, but seriously...)

Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
Yea just stick to the windlane

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I'll be honest, I was suprised to find out that the monkeys weren't exagerating. What is it with us swashbucklers and our daring feats of foolishness?

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
once i was fly in dragonspyre and i got in battle and my lvl 50 privateer nearly diedmy swashbuckuler will not dare face bone drakes

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Eleanor: Go meet your doom in Avernus. It was nice knowing you!
Mark: Yea right.

*Meanwhile, in Dragonspyre*

Mark: Bone Dragons! Shall we?
Kobe: Are you crazy? They have orange nametags!
Mark: You know what, I'm just gonna do it.

*1 second later*

Eleanor: I see you are back here at the Zenda Life Fountain. Nice thrift.
Kobe: I told you not to do it!!!
Mark: Fine, I'm going again.

*Meanwhile, in Dragonspyre*

Mark: NO BONE DRAGONS, NO BONE DRAGONS, NO BONE DRAGONS.

*1 second later*

Mark: Valencia at last!
Kobe: Told you so, that if you stay away from the Dragons, you can get through.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
The monkeys in Puerto Mico make Aragon Skyway sound A LOT worse than it is. Yes, the enemies there are tough but there's still a windlane. Just stay in the windlane and you'll make it through fine.

Rachel - Level 41

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
allanontheseer on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:

Dude i'm level 65 and i'm scared of that sky way

unknown storm-gate in Avernus The last one at the end it could be El dorado

hint hint

Terror of The Armada Strong William Sharp

Ensign
Jan 06, 2011
truesaviorofthespi... on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Dude i'm level 65 and i'm scared of that sky way

unknown storm-gate in Avernus The last one at the end it could be El dorado

hint hint

Terror of The Armada Strong William Sharp
Because the main storyline must always end in Dragonspyre.

Impish Iridian Morgan - Level 65 Privateer