Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ability to set deck

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
In wizard101 I play with a very short deck cause it plays so much nicer, in pirate101 the game doesn't let you do that. Instead you train as you level and when you train secondary skills you often have to train skills you don't want due to prerequisits. I'd like to permanently remove the cards I never want to show up from my draws. I discard but when you want to set traps and the like first turn and your traps no longer or seldom come up first turn the game gets very frustrating.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
It would be nice to have two check boxes next to the skills...always have in initial ability list (limit to one ability would be appropriate) and a supress check box.

Developer
seasnake on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
In wizard101 I play with a very short deck cause it plays so much nicer, in pirate101 the game doesn't let you do that. Instead you train as you level and when you train secondary skills you often have to train skills you don't want due to prerequisits. I'd like to permanently remove the cards I never want to show up from my draws. I discard but when you want to set traps and the like first turn and your traps no longer or seldom come up first turn the game gets very frustrating.
Hello Seasnake!

I see you have quite a few posts here and there asking for various ways to make the game easier-- better power management, better companion management, better heals, and so on.

Rest assured I have seen them, but we're going to wait a bit before making any changes like that.

In the meantime I would suggest you start mastering the strategy and tactics you will need to beat the game As Is.

Ensign
Mar 30, 2012
Ratbeard on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Hello Seasnake!

I see you have quite a few posts here and there asking for various ways to make the game easier-- better power management, better companion management, better heals, and so on.

Rest assured I have seen them, but we're going to wait a bit before making any changes like that.

In the meantime I would suggest you start mastering the strategy and tactics you will need to beat the game As Is.
Make the game easier by improving character management? To me this says that all the elements of chance we find in this game are nothing more than a way to artificially ramp up this strategy game’s difficulty level without adding any content that actually involves strategy.

“Master the game as it is” doesn’t give me much hope for future improvement.
Sorry Ratbead I know you all try very hard.

I’d like to encourage everyone who reads this to reply.

Even if you don’t have anything new to add to the argument simply by stating that you agree that there is a problem will help draw attention to it until hopefully something is done or we are at least given more concrete assurance that this issue in particular will be addressed when possible.

Sincerly,
The ninja

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I don't want the game to be made easier outside of battling ships, I do however want more control over the cards I do have and the companions I have, and then what I want most is simply to be able to not include the ones I don't want to play with. Making me have 6 or 8 companions before I can dismiss any over that is completely acceptable. I think players should be able to control what goes into their decks, it makes that game more customizable and allows the characters to feel like they should feel like. Again, you could limit it so you have to always have to have a minimimum of X amount of cards before you can choose not to carry any over that, but when you use your skill points to get secondary talents and those talents require you to first get talents that merely take up space in your deck there is a problem that is going to become worse and worse as the game expands.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
seasnake on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Please fix the deck issue. We need more bars or a way to pre-set up a strategy for an alloted amount of skills.