Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Valdrick on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
to me old scratch is the worst, its cool he can hit multple enimies, but he is so weak and his summon usually dies with one hit now that i am in cool ranch. next would have to be louie labisque, i cant stand having his weak harpoon on my team. "sigh" he gets blocked all the time and has terrible defense. Would like to see the ability to "sideline" my companions that i dont want.

Next i would summerize all the companions you get that dont have any special attacks other than epic abilites, i mean COME ON! they should be able to have one at least. those that usualy dont have an attack to use i keep on the bottom.
I know right! he fizzles every 5 rounds and hardly criticals although the critical is good.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
trelian5 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Batacuda is my favorite companion! obviously you dont give him enough points cause i have him at lvl 23 and he is really strong. as for my least favorite, ratbeard ratbeard ratbeard! i hate him cause mormo hates him and i like mormo.
i had batacuda at level 36 doing ghost ships and he got blocked 24/7 no wonder i never see a witchdoctor use a batacuda.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Dark Silver on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Kan po. I hate that guy. It's EVERYTHING about him. Personality, fighting, looks, everything. Worse thing is, he calls me DRAGONFLY. It sounds like he is calling me weaker than him. I'm like ten levels higher than him. So please, If your a creator listening, try to change kan po. for witchdoctor sake

#1 witchdoctor OUT.
i am level 60 and kan po is level 56 he is a goat master and is awesome awesome never does his starting hit and criticals to almost a thousand on mine he is boss i think he is in my final 4. my 1 is catbeard then el toro thenkan po then bison spirit.

Ensign
Feb 05, 2012
Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
Right now its that duck like one ( not the one you start with ) and the otter one i do not like ether and will use them as decoys =)

Ensign
Jun 29, 2011
To me, the Samoori Archer. He has very low damage, even at level 62.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
I would have to say my least fav. companion would have to be the king of disappointment, Nanu Nanu,
as of now, he is level 35, and still hasn't shown me anything to prove he is any good to my crew.

1. His damage is terrifyingly low
2. He always gets blocked
3. When he does critical, it is really weak
4. He has really bad epics, such as cheap shot, which I've never seen him do,
5. He doesn't get enough epics
6. Even when you promote him, he is still just awful.
7. His health isn't the greatest.

So, if he actually does make it into battle, I just let him die or I put a sleep counter on him.

Yours truly,
Fred Freeman lvl. 44 Privateer

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
My least favorite companions are the monquistan ones. They lack epics and aren't very good in battle. My second least favorite is Fin because he costs so much yet he only has one type of melee attack and one critical as well as just 3 epics. KI should really step up the game with Fin. I'd rather have the level 8 fin from gullet with his cool melee attacks than the one from the crown shop.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
My least favorite companion is the Water Mole sling man. He has awful accuracy (about 22%) and he only has one epic, parting shot, which isn't that helpful. He doesn't even get a promo!

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
My least favorite companions would have to be Kan Po ( I just never really trained him that much and I don't want to... ), Batacuda, and Old Scratch. I just can't stand it when Old Scratch fizzles almost EVERY SINGLE turn!

Rachel - Level 33

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
witchdoctor of awe... on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
i am level 60 and kan po is level 56 he is a goat master and is awesome awesome never does his starting hit and criticals to almost a thousand on mine he is boss i think he is in my final 4. my 1 is catbeard then el toro thenkan po then bison spirit.
really...
Kan Po is my most favorite swashbuckler companion. he's so AWESOME, he's always call me dragonfly, looking and fighting awesomely. He uses a bo staff (my most favorite weapon.) everything about him is awesome, he really encouraged me to be a witchdoctor even more. there's not a thing I would change about him. Kingsisle did a really good job on creating Kan Po. (I upgraded him right when I leveled up to level 46.)

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
I don't think anyone has menchend these 2 they are

1.iago he is weak and has the health of a noob :|
2.Old Scratch even tho he can summon a minion they are weak and have practicly 0 health on my game he [Old Scratch] is my weakest companion (next to Iago) damage and health wise :|

My 2 most hated companions.
Little Nessa Lanyard lvl 47
from a

Ensign
May 11, 2013
ya know i really do not think it is fair to choose a "favorite" companion. I am not to fond of mormo but when they hit him instead of a stronger teammate i am happy

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
pirate chick on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
I don't think anyone has menchend these 2 they are

1.iago he is weak and has the health of a noob :|
2.Old Scratch even tho he can summon a minion they are weak and have practicly 0 health on my game he [Old Scratch] is my weakest companion (next to Iago) damage and health wise :|

My 2 most hated companions.
Little Nessa Lanyard lvl 47
from a
I prefer iago more than most of my other companions. He is excellent when I board ships since his damage is the highest of all my companions with pirate. It all depends on the epics and talents you give him. Try to boost his damage and give him first strike and flanking. That might work better. As for someone else saying iago stinks because of his health, you might as well say all swashbuckler companions stink, the health is supposed to be low to make up for their damage. If you have trouble with health, then put your swashbuckler companions behind buccaneers so that the buccaneers take some damage and the swashbucklers don't attract much attention.

Kan po is my second mate :D he is the second best swashbuckler I have, next to toro. Like I said before, all depends on the epics. I have my po relentless 2 riposte and flanking. Flanking helps to activate an extra relentless as well as riposte. Try to boost his agility, it will really help his attacks a great amount. Those are just my suggestions

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
hey guys,
I know someone said the crazy monquisidator, (I think that's right) and I have to agree. He has no special attack powers. Even worse, hes level 15, and hes defeated by one crab crawlie. That crab crawlie was level 12. However, Subodai and Old Scratch are pretty good companions. I mean, Subodai has Vengeance Strike, which helps you. Bonnie Anne is awesome too, because she gets her promotion at level 8, and she has double tap, which once she defeats an enemy, she will hit another. Scratch is good because you have an ally to help with your battle once he summons it. Thanks for reading and of course.. (writes saying from guy on you tube) noodle on!
From,
Fearless Melissa Evans, Level 11, helper of the pirate101 message boards

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
I agree Nurse Quinn is not so awesome too. But the other companion similar that not to great is nadya (idk if the spelling right) because she does not have that good of damage and her moves are not that good either not even her criticals and she does almost always die when I have her in battle.

From,
Cruel Cowan Barclay
AKA
Batman

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
I see quite a bit of hate about the crazy monquistador and about how he doesn't have a special move, but than when I look at mine. He's actually helped me win a battle in Aquila; it came down to just me and him.

Crafty Kiley Hawkins Lvl 65

Ensign
Aug 02, 2013
Well I'm only a level 12 so I'd have to say Old Scratch...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
BigLollipop002 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
Well I'm only a level 12 so I'd have to say Old Scratch...
I'll agree with ya, old scratch isn't a favorite at first, but when you promote him, give him mojo blast 2 and mojo echo. With that, he excels at hitting multiple targets as long as you make sure he doesn't attract too much attention. If you have valor's armor,( spirit armor ) give it to him, that will help greatly :)

As for the monquistan crossbow, I guess we all have our own stories. Some stories say he's useful, some not to good. I've only used him a couple times and he's let me down each time, despite trying to train him, so I kinda left him.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
1. old scratch
2... gaspard de vole
3.crazy monquistador
4.ratbeard
5.doctor noh
6.weasel gambler
7.crab hermit
8. cat ninja
9.martin valvida misses to much
10.batacuda
11.ophidian auger like her cause has moursong but hate cause she freaks out my friends sometimes
12.nurse quinn
13.romba

Ensign
Dec 16, 2009
My Nanu Nanu water mole spearman.

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
The water mole and the female horse from Cool Ranch. They were put to sleep rather quickly.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
I really hate sky snake and scorpius! i mean i know there swashbucklers but really?
i just got sky snake to lvl 40 and he has about 1600 health!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I must join the ranks against poor Nurse Quinn. If she had multiple heals she'd be useful, but her lack of accuracy and damage, with only one healing spell doesn't cut the mustard. Nurse? What's in that teaspoon? - I'm not sick. Really, no... Mmmph! Oh, tasted awful and now I don't feel... very... good. Nurse, please - come back and heal me! Nurse Quinn! Help me!