Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tumbleweed Skyway Bug

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 16, 2009
I'm well aware that I haven't unlocked tumbleweed yet, but I can still get past the barrier on my witchdoctor. It's not until I'm actually in the skyway that the guards say you can't get past here (even though I already got past). What's going on?

Administrator
We've looked at this internally and we're unable to recreate the bug that you've listed. Can you (or anyone else who might have experienced this bug) give us any more information?

How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
Were you the only one to experience this issue?
Can you reproduce this bug?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 02, 2009
I experienced this even on beta, but it eneded before I got to report anything, but yeah. Every time you go near the Tumbleweed enterance in Big Sky you can pass through and the guards don't say anything until your in the skyway, but the enterance in Arroyo Grande works fine. I am usually solo when it occurs and I believe I can enter and leave Tumbleweed at will through Big Sky even though I am under-leveled for Tumbleweed.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
We've looked at this internally and we're unable to recreate the bug that you've listed. Can you (or anyone else who might have experienced this bug) give us any more information?

How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
Were you the only one to experience this issue?
Can you reproduce this bug?
As much as I hate to, lol because me and my friends use this to get our Bison Galleons a little early! ;)

Jack, it seems that the code to check whether we are able to cross this boundary isnt being timed right, like a few lines of code not in the right order.

We are able to sail into Tumbleweed (from Big Sky only, not via Arroyo Grande). The message telling us we are not allowed to go there and tells us to turn around, tells us this AFTER we are already in Tumbleweed.

I always laugh at it, because of the timing.
Im always a few seconds into Tumbleweed when it tells me to turn around.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Sep 16, 2009
I don't know anyone else who has experienced this bug, it happens every time, and I was playing solo. I don't know if I can reproduce the bug on any other accounts or characters; I never tried on my swashbuckler when he was in cool ranch, and the other account I have access to is not a member, and thus is not in cool ranch. I'm sorry for the lack of details. I do know, however, that I was using a bison frigate every time I tried, and it worked every time. However, I went in multiple times with different companions equipped (i.e. Bison Scout, Scorpius, Sky Snake) and the same pet equipped every time (Golden Scorpion). I didn't ever go in with any level 25 gear (except for the pearl-handed peacemakers), despite being level 25. Everything other than my weapon was level 20 or below gear. I was also able to dock at tumbleweed, even though I, as mentioned earlier, didn't even have the skyway unlocked. I haven't tried docking anywhere else in tumbleweed. I did try going to port regal before I had it unlocked, and the haunted skyway, but I couldn't go to either of those places. In addition, I was able to reproduce this bug over and over on the same character and account even after logging off and back in. Every time I go in, I'm always on the windlane; I haven't yet tried going in without already being on the windlane. This only works with tumbleweed skyway. I don't know if any of this helps, but I thought I might mention it just in case.