Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

2 Monterey Jacks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2009
I heard that you get Monterey Jack from "The Legend of Burly`s Gold" if you are a privateer. But I watched someone do the quest "Jail break" and unlock him in the crown shop. Do you get him from "Jail Break" or "The Legend of Burly`s Gold? Thanks.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
(funny, i just did this a couple days ago)
in the quest "the legend of burly's gold" one of the goals is to complete the quest "jail break" because that is in a dungeon. i cant remember which unlocks him as a companion though: i believe it is "the legend of burly's gold." hope this helps!

(sorry my shift key isn't working)

Ensign
Feb 12, 2009
Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
yes there is 2 Monterey jacks but theyre the same person first you fight him in hidden valley ranch to get something for the bisons I remember I was level 15-16 and you fight him in tumbleweed or haunted skyway again

Ensign
Feb 12, 2009
So, Do you get him from "The legend of Burly`s gold" or the instance quest for " Last, But Not Least" which is called "Jail Break"?

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
yes when you free Billy the Kid you escape jail and he becomes available in the crown shop

Ensign
Feb 12, 2009
loconico553 on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
yes when you free Billy the Kid you escape jail and he becomes available in the crown shop
But I thought you got him from "The Legend of Burly`s Gold." Do you get him from both?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I saw that too. I completed the quest "The Legend of Burly's Gold" and got Jack in the crown shop. Then I completed "Jail Break", and got a notification showing another Jack's availability. I checked the crown shop, and there was only one.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2009
I think that means you can get him from both if you are a privateer. Whichever one you do first gives you Monterey Jack and the other one unlocks him in the crown shop. That is my theory. Can anyone confirm this?

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I unlocked him in the Crown Shop after I did "Jailbreak"

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Ok everyone is obviously confused if you are a privateer you get Monterey Jack for free after you the quest jailbreak. However the legend of burlys gold has nothing to do with Monterey Jack other than you fight him and Dan drake at the end once you complete that quest you unlock Dan drake in the crown shop or if you are a witchdoctor you get Dan drake for free I hope this helps