Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Counter Criticals!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2009
I have a new idea for gameplay called the Counter Critical. What this is that when you or a companion gets a critical then the opposite enemy has a chance to Counter Critical and deal even more damage!

Ensign
Dec 12, 2008
Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
captain cookies on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
hahaha no
well you didn't have to be that rude, but I agree that would make fighting a lot harder

Bosun
May 10, 2010
bloody Cass on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
well you didn't have to be that rude, but I agree that would make fighting a lot harder
I don't think the person was being rude. Why do people consider being blunt and direct rude?

I don't think this is a great idea to implement, but it may be interesting if it were a class talent in the future, say for Buccaneer's maybe or even Privateers. 5 rounds, critical any hit taken. Could be interesting.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Line Mountain on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
I have a new idea for gameplay called the Counter Critical. What this is that when you or a companion gets a critical then the opposite enemy has a chance to Counter Critical and deal even more damage!
The thing that confused a lot of Wizards in Wizard101 was the inclusion of Critical and Critical Block. Not only that, but since Criticals could be blocked, it got annoying sometimes in game paly (as a Death Wizard myself, we're masters of buffs and damage so Criticals are just added bonus's for us). In this game, it's so much better to have Criticals and no way to block it. You have a chance to deal heavy damage and put the match in your favor. If we had the Counter Critical then mobs and bosses would be able to use these as well, making some of our top Criticaling Companions less valuable in game play. No one wants that.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
seems epic but it would kinda be annoying and just get me to barley rage quit one of my favorite games of all time if it happens all the dang time

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Just saying, but If somebody does Black Fog, (2x damage for all surrounding allies). And if the opponent has first strike rank 3( Affects sneak attacks) and the companion with Black Fog is a Swash and has riposte, blocks the attack and does an epic hit? Then the enemy has a chance to counter-critical and do even more damage?!( Most likely going to kill the swash companion in the process) Sorry, but this is a bad idea.
Even without the riposte the epic hit from the companion with Black Fog is going to lose a big chunk of health.

Jacob lvl 65 Swashbuckler Dehydrator( The hydra not me)