Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Friends List Bug

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Hello fellow Pirates and KingsIsle Team!

This bug has been making me kinda mad lately, plus with me needing a lot of help and having to ask my friends to help me. I can't do that anymore. Sometimes when I go onto my friends list, all is good, but when I click on one of my friends names, Pirate101 shuts down then says "Would you like to report this bug to KingIsle?". So I did and thought of making this this post so everyone can know. Also when I log back into Pirate101, everything, and I mean everything has to load all over again, then when I try to talk to my friends again, it does the exact same thing.

Kyle - Level 62 Privateer

Administrator
We've had a difficult time reproducing this bug. You'll want to contact support@pirate101.com if this problem persists. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Hey Jack.

Thanks for the info but I did what you said and the only thing in my Pirate101 Folder is a picture of a funny saying from a quest I recently did. I also couldn't find the Bin and Log Folders. I think I know what the problem is, the only thing in my whole Pirate101 Folder is the picture right? Well isn't there supposed like the Game Client and server scripts that run Pirate101? I don't want to dig way down deep in my computer and try looking for this stuff. Could ya maybe tell me where the folders should be? I looked in my Documents and I couldn't find anything except for the picture. Thanks!

Kyle - Level 63 Privateer

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Hey Jack, I'm back for an update on this bug.

The past two days it hasn't been logging me out, I think it was just a glitch with my internet. It's been pausing and skipping, started a couple days ago, but I think it's all good. Thanks for the info and sorry for the inconvenience!

Kyle - Level 64 Privateer

Administrator
Oh! Ok, good to hear that you're back and playing Pirate101.

If it happens again, you may need to show your hidden files and folders on your computer to track down the folder your Pirate101 files are located in.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*