Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Disappointed with no housing preview

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sigh, I am not much for one making whining or complaining posts but as excited as I am for the class housing to come to the game I really feel you jumped the gun by implementing them without having a way to preview them. All these new houses and we have no way to see what they look like and must buy them blind or wait to find a friend who has done this and tour their house? I even checked youtube. You could have at least made some youtube tours of the houses for us. This is really sad, I was so excited to see the houses and even bought crowns to buy one but I am not swimming in crowns enough to waste them on a house I may not prefer. Please KingsIsle If you cannot put the preview function in, and I am sure you have a good reason for not having it, couldn't you at least have some you tube tours with one or your leaders showing us around? That is not a lot to ask, I feel. No I have not walked in your shoes and I do not know the pressures you guys are under, but come on, You want us to spend this much crowns or gold and buy this stuff blind? Cut us some slack, Please?

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I understand where you are coming from for wanting to see/test before buy.

For myself, as I did in W101, I just outright buy (with gold) each house to suit my Pirate/Wizard. I've been giving tours via TFCs through Twitter all morning. If you wish, I would be more than happy to allow you to "preview" them through my pirates

~SM~

Ensign
Aug 05, 2010
No preview Has got to be a slight oversight ... perhaps it is coming... and soon( I would hope) Well at least it gives me enough time to gather enough gold to buy a few I guess, just so I can see them. Would spend the crowns to buy one but not without seeing it first I'm just tickled to have more housing

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SorceressMiklai on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
I understand where you are coming from for wanting to see/test before buy.

For myself, as I did in W101, I just outright buy (with gold) each house to suit my Pirate/Wizard. I've been giving tours via TFCs through Twitter all morning. If you wish, I would be more than happy to allow you to "preview" them through my pirates

~SM~
I am on Twitter but am admittedly a newbie. What is: "TFCs"

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
The new houses are great, except for one thing: YOU CAN'T PREVIEW THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How am I supposed to know which one I want if I can't look at them! If there is a way to preview them, please tell me.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
TFCs are True Friend Codes. You get a jumble of numbers and letters to enter on your friends list in the section that has a chat bubble with 0s and 1s in it. You automatically become their friend. This is normally used by people in real life to friend someone since its easier than finding them, etc. You also get filtered whisper chat with them if you only have Menu Chat.

I am also disappointed with no housing preview because I noticed they even made a preview button! For pets (etc).

Administrator
Hi! I understand your disappointment with no housing previews; however, it is something that is on our list of commonly requested features. In the meantime, there was a wonderful thread on Pirate101 Central from a fan who showcased all the houses in a YouTube video. Please check it out!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My musketeer loves his new house, I can tell you that. Lots of things to fire! BOOM! BLAM!! PFLLLLTT! (OK, I think some of the gunpowder may have been wet there).

-Indigo

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi! I understand your disappointment with no housing previews; however, it is something that is on our list of commonly requested features. In the meantime, there was a wonderful thread on Pirate101 Central from a fan who showcased all the houses in a YouTube video. Please check it out!
Oh thank you Jack. I did two or three searched on YouTube before making my post so either I am a dork or they uploaded it after I posted. Personally I am hoping for the latter, much easier on the blushing reflex.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Thank you Jack. Sigh Why is it we need to wait for a player to "Buy Blind" and then tour their house? Not that I am fussing about the delay, its just that 'Someone' has to do the unthinkable and buy blind then solve the problem that frankly I am surprised you guys didn't. It would have been a true gesture of caring about us having KI working around what isn't there to help us decide how to spend our money.
I would think it would be a bit embarrassing to have your customers do your job for you.

Sorry maybe I just need some tea and hawklava.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
TFCs are True Friend Codes. You get a jumble of numbers and letters to enter on your friends list in the section that has a chat bubble with 0s and 1s in it. You automatically become their friend. This is normally used by people in real life to friend someone since its easier than finding them, etc. You also get filtered whisper chat with them if you only have Menu Chat.

I am also disappointed with no housing preview because I noticed they even made a preview button! For pets (etc).
Oh TFCs for Pirates, yea those I knew about, I thought you were talking about a twitter thing. Thank you so much for the info.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I checked out the Swashbuckler's house. If we were to EVER play hide and seek or tag there (like in Wizards), then it'll take hours for us just to find each other XD

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
I love the new houses, but Jack, when are there going to be more housing items added to the game for gold? Wizards has thousands!

Captain
May 13, 2011
i wouldnt need a preview. i already know ill get the buc house. plus, there arent really that many houses, though a preview option would be good too. people like to check the quality before trying to buy something right?