Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

wearable hair

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 22, 2010
I know that this topic sounds kind of weird, but if you play Wizard101, you'll know that you can now buy hair in the crowns shop under jewelry. I think that it would be pretty cool if the same feature was in Pirate101. Just imagine your pirate with no hat, just hair.It sounds kind of weird I know, but again, if you play wizard 101, you'll know it looks pretty cool.Well, that's all i have to say for now. see ya later!
Fearless Chase Kipton, LvL 25 swashbukler

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
I like that idea and was excited when I saw that they added it to W101. But the hairstyles on there were kind of..... Weird. I wouldn't want my hair to look that way...... So, KI, if you do add hairstyles to the game, it would be cool if you could make it the hairstyles we can pick from at the beginning plus maybe a few more.

Rachel - Level 41

Captain
May 13, 2011
you mean wigs? wonder what that will look like. all i can think of is one of those powdered wigs people used in the past. definitely not wearing that

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
The hair styles were kinda strange, even for Wizards. I'm sure they will add hairstyles to the game very soon, but I just hope that they make them more... pirate-like. I have a few ideas...

Hairstyle 1 (girls)~ Long, braided hair with long-ish bangs in the front parted so they don't cover the eyes.

Hairstyle 2 (girls)~ Short hair in pink-tails (or is it called pig-tails?) in the back, with bangs just above the eyes.

Hairstyle 3 (girls)~ Same as #2, but the hair is longer. The bangs slightly covers one eye.

Hairstyle 4 (boys)~ Kinda long-ish (for boys) hair with the bangs covering both eyes (it's the hairstyle my little brother wears lol ).

The last one, I'm sure KI won't add since it's for boys lol. It's the hair Captain Jack Sparrow has in the movies. You know, the really long hair that goes down his back XD. I doubt we'll be seeing that in the game, but hey, just a thought

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am with Rachel and Belle - loved the idea in Wizards, but wasn't crazy about any of the initial offerings. For one thing, my female wizards all tend to have long hair, and none of the female options were long. Didn't care much for the male offerings either. But it is an excellent idea, in principle. Making an option where you could "stitch" a hat to the hair you chose for your character (pirate or wizard) when you created him or her would be nice.

I would be less likely to go with just straight hair for a pirate, though. First, hats are part of the pirate mystique; second, pirates spend a lot of time in the hot sun. Living in a very southern, hot and dry part of the U.S. I can attest that if you are outside working in the sun a lot a hat is necessity if you value your health.

-Indigo

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Indigo Ring on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
I am with Rachel and Belle - loved the idea in Wizards, but wasn't crazy about any of the initial offerings. For one thing, my female wizards all tend to have long hair, and none of the female options were long. Didn't care much for the male offerings either. But it is an excellent idea, in principle. Making an option where you could "stitch" a hat to the hair you chose for your character (pirate or wizard) when you created him or her would be nice.

I would be less likely to go with just straight hair for a pirate, though. First, hats are part of the pirate mystique; second, pirates spend a lot of time in the hot sun. Living in a very southern, hot and dry part of the U.S. I can attest that if you are outside working in the sun a lot a hat is necessity if you value your health.

-Indigo
Even for cold weather pirates, a hat is a very good idea, there is nothing more painful than frozen ears that are just beginning to thaw out.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hairstyles might be incorporated with the hat, and I already have a cocked hat that allows Anne to wear hoop earrings (and has a feather too - it has remained my favorite). Right now I can mostly think of things for girls (sorry guys), but some examples of hair + hat could be:

- Greek-style diadem with Aquilan updo (not elaborate, just an upswept bun)
- 'Juliet' cap with either flowing hair or a long braid in back (to go with perhaps Renaissance-y Valencian clothes?)
- wreath of flowers with flowing hair (that's my witchdoctor, Anneke, piping in with her two cents)
- cocked hat, large plume, with 17th C. style curls (women of the 17th & 18th C. already wore cocked hats with riding clothes, so any 17th C. - 18th C. hairdos would work. Well, except for those massive padded hair displays done for formal occasions...)
- cocked hat, large plume, flowing waved hair a little past shoulder length (this being a 17th C. man's style, but girls would like it too)

Of course, getting the hair color to match the character's designated color would be surely a programing problem. Unless the hats can be considered to have formal or informal wigs attached...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Hairstyles might be incorporated with the hat, and I already have a cocked hat that allows Anne to wear hoop earrings (and has a feather too - it has remained my favorite). Right now I can mostly think of things for girls (sorry guys), but some examples of hair + hat could be:

- 'Juliet' cap with either flowing hair or a long braid in back (to go with perhaps Renaissance-y Valencian clothes?)
- wreath of flowers with flowing hair (that's my witchdoctor, Anneke, piping in with her two cents)
- cocked hat, large plume, with 17th C. style curls (women of the 17th & 18th C. already wore cocked hats with riding clothes, so any 17th C. - 18th C. hairdos would work. Well, except for those massive padded hair displays done for formal occasions...)
- cocked hat, large plume, flowing waved hair a little past shoulder length (this being a 17th C. man's style, but girls would like it too)

Of course, getting the hair color to match the character's designated color would be surely a programing problem. Unless the hats can be considered to have formal or informal wigs attached...
I have suggestions myself. By the way Anne - nice suggestions, I could see my Musketeer using the first one. :)

- shortish hair, varying in lengths but none passing the shoulders (Emma had a say in this one...)
-upturned ponytail -shortish
-longer, wavy hair that most of hangs in the front
-long, straight at the top and spiral curled at the bottom style

Just my ideas. XD

Ciao!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:

I would love to have that second one (i love long hair). Also, that third one (correct me if I'm wrong), is that suppose to look that the long, braided hair Repunsel wore in Tangled near the end, that had flowers in it (if you've never seen Tangled, then forget I said anything lol).

I wouldn't mind wearing that type of hair either. :P

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Bloody Belle on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I would love to have that second one (i love long hair). Also, that third one (correct me if I'm wrong), is that suppose to look that the long, braided hair Repunsel wore in Tangled near the end, that had flowers in it (if you've never seen Tangled, then forget I said anything lol).

I wouldn't mind wearing that type of hair either. :P
For the hair style with the wreath of flowers I was thinking flowing hair a bit past shoulder length (rather like the illustrations one sees of Medieval maidens, although a bit shorter. Or if you've ever celebrated English-style May Day, sticking wreaths of flowers onto your hair?). Rapunzel's hair would probably be too long for us working pirates, though yes, I did see Tangled and loved it. I 'channeled' Tangled for the Waponi War thread for comic effect... and thanks to the other players it became even more comic than I had intended!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
For the hair style with the wreath of flowers I was thinking flowing hair a bit past shoulder length (rather like the illustrations one sees of Medieval maidens, although a bit shorter. Or if you've ever celebrated English-style May Day, sticking wreaths of flowers onto your hair?). Rapunzel's hair would probably be too long for us working pirates, though yes, I did see Tangled and loved it. I 'channeled' Tangled for the Waponi War thread for comic effect... and thanks to the other players it became even more comic than I had intended!
Lol I thought that was where it came from. XD Jade Stone in Role Play wears the hairstyle at the end of the movie when her hair is cut short -- except that Jade's hair is white, not brown. It would be awesome if that were an actual hairstyle in Pirate101!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Lol I thought that was where it came from. XD Jade Stone in Role Play wears the hairstyle at the end of the movie when her hair is cut short -- except that Jade's hair is white, not brown. It would be awesome if that were an actual hairstyle in Pirate101!
I've always liked snow white hair for Pirates

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Bloody Belle on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
The hair styles were kinda strange, even for Wizards. I'm sure they will add hairstyles to the game very soon, but I just hope that they make them more... pirate-like. I have a few ideas...

Hairstyle 1 (girls)~ Long, braided hair with long-ish bangs in the front parted so they don't cover the eyes.

Hairstyle 2 (girls)~ Short hair in pink-tails (or is it called pig-tails?) in the back, with bangs just above the eyes.

Hairstyle 3 (girls)~ Same as #2, but the hair is longer. The bangs slightly covers one eye.

Hairstyle 4 (boys)~ Kinda long-ish (for boys) hair with the bangs covering both eyes (it's the hairstyle my little brother wears lol ).

The last one, I'm sure KI won't add since it's for boys lol. It's the hair Captain Jack Sparrow has in the movies. You know, the really long hair that goes down his back XD. I doubt we'll be seeing that in the game, but hey, just a thought
I think that hair styles would be nice to have because then people that didn't want there hairstyle in the beginning could choose a different one.see you in the spiral romantic rebbeca ivring .

Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
Oh yes! Please do that. Maybe you can add a whole section for hair. If you do do it, have them be a mix of old and new hairstyles. Like hairstyles that are already in the game, and new ones.