Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rooke, really?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
Why in the world did you guys go back and make Rooke so hard? He wasn't too easy for most people I know. But now, he is nearly invincible and just a bit overpowered. We still beat him, but out of two players and seven companions, only one of us was able to land an attack each round. I enjoy a challenge, but this one is just a bit unfair.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
well of course he's strong hes the general of the armada! although i recommend using witchdoctor spells for future references

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
You obviously haven't fought him if you recommend witchdoctor spells. He has the talent "Retribution" giving him an additional attack when hit my a witch spell.

Silver Luis Cog L65
Griffin Kidd L43

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lol You aint seen nothing yet . Just wait until you get to Aquila . Just learn to think a bit differently. You need to change how you think and fight, but don't worry. The fun is still there. Well, as long as you don't count the satyrs . Lol.

Ensign
Aug 01, 2012
Well i went through the same thing too and your right he is hard but in Aquila it's way worse cause i recommend using a witchdoctor spell or find someone that is a witchdoctor. Good Luck :)

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
Yes, I agree Rook or whatever is hard. But he is the general armada. Aquila is twice as harder than him. Just wait and try not to freak out when you are in
Aquila, just keep your cool and fight
Buccaneer out- level 62

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Rooke was okay. Did pretty well with Ratbeard at my side!

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
TravisJones74 on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Why in the world did you guys go back and make Rooke so hard? He wasn't too easy for most people I know. But now, he is nearly invincible and just a bit overpowered. We still beat him, but out of two players and seven companions, only one of us was able to land an attack each round. I enjoy a challenge, but this one is just a bit unfair.
When I fight Rooke I just keep in mind his "cheats". To hit him with a sword or such make sure there is someone or something behind you so he can not push you away. The only way to shoot him I found is to use power shots such as inferno or storm shots. Bonnies multi can also hit. Otherwise he will just rookershete the shots back towards you.
I found the easiest way for me is to place my swashs where he can walk up to them. If he comes to you you can hit him without his push away trick. Hope this helps

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
Lol You aint seen nothing yet . Just wait until you get to Aquila . Just learn to think a bit differently. You need to change how you think and fight, but don't worry. The fun is still there. Well, as long as you don't count the satyrs . Lol.
satyrs, theres a enemy right there. when i went to Aquila with a freind i died on the first round and i have good health and awesome armor (plus im a buccaneer, so i am made to last.) they just kept on getting epics and we were cut down like a chainsaw on a skinny baby tree. my advise for Rooke is to first learn his cheats and do whatever you can to avoid him. i haven't fought him yet but thats just something everyone should know to do. although i wouldn't mind if we had some cheats like his *hint hint*

jack nightgale lvl 45 buccaneer.

ps to all satyrs : i curse you and your magic pipes -_-

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
When I was level 15, my two level 65 friends took me there and we fought Rooke together. Both fights were extremely difficult and taxing, and I must admit, I died more than once. This has, naturally, embedding a fear to Rooke in myself. Which is exactly why I found it surprising that Rooke was pretty easy for me to defeat, even though I'm under-leveled. I fought him by myself in the more difficult final fight against Rooke (the friend that was helping me with the dungeon suggested that we take turns, alternating which fight goes to who) and I was surprised to find that I was nervous for no good reason. As long as I kept his cheats in mind and avoided them best I could, I was able to defeat Rooke and clear the battleboard of other clockworks before any of my team had less than half their health points. I had more difficulty on the armada dragoons that you fight earlier in the dungeon. I used my most powerful companions, (Sarah Steele, Bonnie Anne, and El Toro in this order) and as a swashbuckler I used black fog and then my most powerful dagger attack (can't remember the name, but I think it's Assassin's Strike...). This instantly got Rooke down to a little more than half his health points, and then it was my companion's turn to hit him. He was defeated in the second round, and by the fifth round we defeated all of the other clockworks and ultimately won the fight. Strategy, my friend. Don't let the heat of the battle and the intensity of a time limit cloud your vision from the fight at hand, and bring your best to the fight. You'll be done with Marleybone in no time.

~Elizabeth, level 56 ~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well said. You learned a good lesson about fear and you have developed into quite the wise fighter. I am proud of you.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I was helping a friend with the dungeon and then as I watched as my team was hit by bomb after bomb from the dragoons, that caught me off guard, he was tough before(or I was really weak) but now he impossible to solo for the mb quest