Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Role Play

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Raven merely smiled in response. She made a tsk sound at Jade's threats. "Oh, you're such a laugh, Jade Stone. Such. A. Laugh." Her voice became dark, cold, and threatening. She extended her arm, and by a strange magic, her staff flew back into her grasp, unharmed and perfectly fine. "I've seen so much worse than these empty threats of yours. If only you knew. Blindness is nothing compared to some of the things I know- in fact, I know another blind pirate around here by the name of Angelina. Too bad about what happened to her." The Witchdoctor smiled again. "For the record, the name's Raven. Witch, at your service." She stated sarcastically. "If you remember what happened last Halloween, then you'd know who I am. And that I'm not from here."
"Fang, guard Miriam." Jade stood protectively over the cat until Fang picked her up by the scruff of her neck and carried her to one of the mini rooms and out of the way of Raven and Jade. "Harm the cat, and I promise you won't live to see the light of day again." Jade once again took her archer's position to Raven, and, this time, this was no empty threat.
~
OOC: Emma, would you mind too much telling me what happened last Halloween? I'm afraid I can't do very much about Jade's reaction if I don't know what she is remembering.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
"Fang, guard Miriam." Jade stood protectively over the cat until Fang picked her up by the scruff of her neck and carried her to one of the mini rooms and out of the way of Raven and Jade. "Harm the cat, and I promise you won't live to see the light of day again." Jade once again took her archer's position to Raven, and, this time, this was no empty threat.
~
OOC: Emma, would you mind too much telling me what happened last Halloween? I'm afraid I can't do very much about Jade's reaction if I don't know what she is remembering.
"Ha. Like I said, such a laugh. I have nothing against Miriam there, or anyone here except you, darling." Raven hissed, the last word of her statement mocking. "I care little about Miriam. She's done nothing to annoy me, and it's good that I have nothing against most of you. I promise, Jade Stone, that by crossing me, you've already given your life."

(OOC: Ah, yes. Well, uh, to cut it short, during this big old crazy war, someone annoyed Raven and the person risked her life for a location. Raven suffered for it, and she vowed vengeance on him- and boy. She got it. She summoned an army of undead, went all out and even imprisoned some friends of his, and sent some more of them back in time. Yea, see what a mistake angering her is?)

"I'm not a Witchdoctor, by the way, but something very similar. A witch, from the good old Salem days." She said sarcastically. "Honestly- if you hadn't began disliking me from the start, I wouldn't have had to find out about you." Raven was darkly behaving. Her olive eyes gleamed with a dark happiness- a scary thing.

(OOC: I LOVE playing as Raven! She's not evil, but she can play evil! It's so fun to play the bad guy for once!)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
~
Oi, Fang, I'm not a kitten no more, Miriam mentally protested, but was too disturbed by the goings on to voice her protests. Then she forgot her embarrassment at being treated like a baby as another thought struck her brain. Jade cares 'bout me. Cor! 'Ere I thought she thought I were rather a pest! The idea that someone actually would care and take steps to protect her was quite novel to Meri, and so taken was she with the notion that she scarcely noticed Fang gently deposit her in a small, neatly furnished room and give her a sloppy, affectionate lick.

Meri felt much calmer and more secure, even though she had to acknowledge that there were 'going ons' she didn't understand. And surely Captain Randall would put a swift stop to things before they got out of hand.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
"Ha. Like I said, such a laugh. I have nothing against Miriam there, or anyone here except you, darling." Raven hissed, the last word of her statement mocking. "I care little about Miriam. She's done nothing to annoy me, and it's good that I have nothing against most of you. I promise, Jade Stone, that by crossing me, you've already given your life."

(OOC: Ah, yes. Well, uh, to cut it short, during this big old crazy war, someone annoyed Raven and the person risked her life for a location. Raven suffered for it, and she vowed vengeance on him- and boy. She got it. She summoned an army of undead, went all out and even imprisoned some friends of his, and sent some more of them back in time. Yea, see what a mistake angering her is?)

"I'm not a Witchdoctor, by the way, but something very similar. A witch, from the good old Salem days." She said sarcastically. "Honestly- if you hadn't began disliking me from the start, I wouldn't have had to find out about you." Raven was darkly behaving. Her olive eyes gleamed with a dark happiness- a scary thing.

(OOC: I LOVE playing as Raven! She's not evil, but she can play evil! It's so fun to play the bad guy for once!)
OOC: Aye, Raven seems like a fun and interesting character to play. At first I felt uncomfortable at playing such a grouch as Jade Stone (didn't know how you managed Warwick, Des), but then it suddenly grew really fun. She may be a loner, but nothing will stop her from doing what she believes is right. For this, I greatly admire Jade, and love being able to play someone like her. But wait, let me get this straight -- so Jade Stone's life is at risk of being killed by Raven because... Jade doesn't trust anyone she hasn't known for years? Just making sure I'm getting this right...

I'm going to write how Lizzy would respond to this, I'm a little bit at a loss on how to do this with Jade, maybe I will soon.

Lizzy's eyes widened from shock. From the Salem days? She had survived an era where women were executed if they were believed to be a witch. That means that Raven is extremely cunning and sticks to the shadows -- someone to avoid, that was for sure. She seemed to not be emotionally stable, thus she was truly capable of anything. Best not to do anything to anger her, especially around Miriam.

Hmm... I guess that helped. I'll try Jade now.
~
Jade narrowed her eyes, then shook her head. "Ce qu'un git." She still blocked anyone from entering the room that Miriam and Fang were in, even if Raven truly had nothing against the young cat. Best to be on the safe side. "Ne comprenez-vous pas? Je n'aime pas tout le monde! Votre monde, cette, ou la prochaine!" For once, Jade was at a loss. She imagined that her arrows wouldn't do much good against magic, and she wasn't nearly as skilled with her dagger, and even to use it she would have to leave her spot in front of Miriam and Fang. She waited for Raven to make the first move, already calculating how to counter it. Jade needed help, but it seemed like none could. She grit her teeth, her mind racing to figure out some way to get out of the situation with Miriam completely safe. Jade glared at Raven's aura, then came to the decision. The witch had to go, even if it costed Jade's life.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Aye, Raven seems like a fun and interesting character to play. At first I felt uncomfortable at playing such a grouch as Jade Stone (didn't know how you managed Warwick, Des), but then it suddenly grew really fun. She may be a loner, but nothing will stop her from doing what she believes is right. For this, I greatly admire Jade, and love being able to play someone like her. But wait, let me get this straight -- so Jade Stone's life is at risk of being killed by Raven because... Jade doesn't trust anyone she hasn't known for years? Just making sure I'm getting this right...

I'm going to write how Lizzy would respond to this, I'm a little bit at a loss on how to do this with Jade, maybe I will soon.

Lizzy's eyes widened from shock. From the Salem days? She had survived an era where women were executed if they were believed to be a witch. That means that Raven is extremely cunning and sticks to the shadows -- someone to avoid, that was for sure. She seemed to not be emotionally stable, thus she was truly capable of anything. Best not to do anything to anger her, especially around Miriam.

~
Jade narrowed her eyes, then shook her head. "Ce qu'un git." She still blocked anyone from entering the room that Miriam and Fang were in, even if Raven truly had nothing against the young cat. Best to be on the safe side. "Ne comprenez-vous pas? Je n'aime pas tout le monde! Votre monde, cette, ou la prochaine!" For once, Jade was at a loss. She imagined that her arrows wouldn't do much good against magic, and she wasn't nearly as skilled with her dagger, and even to use it she would have to leave her spot in front of Miriam and Fang. She waited for Raven to make the first move, already calculating how to counter it. Jade needed help, but it seemed like none could. She grit her teeth, her mind racing to figure out some way to get out of the situation with Miriam completely safe. Jade glared at Raven's aura, then came to the decision. The witch had to go, even if it costed Jade's life.
(OOC: Sort of. Raven can tell when someone doesn't trust her- and she's actually a very trustworthy person if you start out okay with her! But when she realizes you don't start out okay with her... You're doomed.)

"Listen up, Stony- you don't trust anyone. I'd know that easily. But I'm easy to trust- if you start out well with me, that is." Raven wasn't playing her nice game. "I've been through fire, water, and destruction just to claim vengeance before. If you're going to threaten me and not trust my word, then I'll repeat it all again."

(OOC: Raven is too fun to play as.)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:

~
(OOC: almost forgot about his roleplay again, sorry. I really hope this post doesn't mess up and time line sort of stuff)

As long as Jade and Raven were only squabbling with each other, Scarlet had been content to sit back and watch the drama. Now, however, things were clearly escalating. Scarlet tapped Jenny on the shoulder and gave her a quick but meaningful look. Quietly, Jenny moved slightly behind and to one side of Scarlet and drew both of her pistols. Jenny aimed aimed both pistols at Raven's back.

Scarlet meanwhile silently drew her rapier, and one of her throwing knives. With a flick of her wrist, Scarlet threw the knife through the air, watching as it struck and cracked the glass orb of Raven's staff.

"Now that I have your attention, may I suggest that you take this to another room, or better yet, that you both calm down?" Scarlet said in an authoritative voice. "Nous Polarians doivent s'entraider. [We Polarians must help each other]" Scarlet added addressing only Jade this time.

[OOC: Elizabeth, If you don't mind I'm going to provide a translation of what you wrote again. Let me know if it's what you intended to write, because the second part of you french is a bit muddled, which can happen when using a translator. The sentence has two possible meanings.
Translation of Elizabeth's french:"what a git. You don't understand? I don't like this world! Your world, this one, or the next!"

Je n'amie pas tout le monde could also be interpereted as "i don't like everyone"]

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: almost forgot about his roleplay again, sorry. I really hope this post doesn't mess up and time line sort of stuff)

As long as Jade and Raven were only squabbling with each other, Scarlet had been content to sit back and watch the drama. Now, however, things were clearly escalating. Scarlet tapped Jenny on the shoulder and gave her a quick but meaningful look. Quietly, Jenny moved slightly behind and to one side of Scarlet and drew both of her pistols. Jenny aimed aimed both pistols at Raven's back.

Scarlet meanwhile silently drew her rapier, and one of her throwing knives. With a flick of her wrist, Scarlet threw the knife through the air, watching as it struck and cracked the glass orb of Raven's staff.

"Now that I have your attention, may I suggest that you take this to another room, or better yet, that you both calm down?" Scarlet said in an authoritative voice. "Nous Polarians doivent s'entraider. [We Polarians must help each other]" Scarlet added addressing only Jade this time.

[OOC: Elizabeth, If you don't mind I'm going to provide a translation of what you wrote again. Let me know if it's what you intended to write, because the second part of you french is a bit muddled, which can happen when using a translator. The sentence has two possible meanings.
Translation of Elizabeth's french:"what a git. You don't understand? I don't like this world! Your world, this one, or the next!"

Je n'amie pas tout le monde could also be interpereted as "i don't like everyone"]
OOC: Thanks for the translation, I was kinda counting on it. XD Sometimes I don't know what I'm saying, so I appreciate it when someone who actually speaks the language helps me out.

I originally wanted to put "I don't like anybody," and then add "And you're no exception." (the translator doesn't handle large sentences well), but when I went back and checked it, it said something along the lines of "I don't like this world!" so I edited it to be that she didn't like Skull Island, Monquista, Valencia, or anything else but Polaris, for that matter. I hope that helped to clear it up a little, you are correct, I did enter the post with "What a git. You don't understand? I don't like this world! Your world, this one, or the next!" Isn't Jade just so awesome?

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
I could obviously see an all-out battle laying itself out before my very eyes, one secret spilling after another. The chaos was too much, I was losing precious time to them. Every second counted in order to defeated the Armada. "Kusari ketsugō-jutsu (chain-binding jutsu)" With that, everyone (even Fang) except me were bound by dozens of chains coming from random places. "Now that I have your attention, I will inform you that if this," gesturing to everyone with their weapons poised and eyes intent to kill, "happens again, you will all face dire concequences ten times worse than death. As you can see, I'm not one to mess with, especially when you get in my way of defeating the Armada. This is wasting precious time, including this conversation. I will not tolerate this behavior again." after my lecture, I released them all from their binding chains, letting some collapse on the floor and giving them no heed or second thought. "Now, back to business. The forms, please."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
I could obviously see an all-out battle laying itself out before my very eyes, one secret spilling after another. The chaos was too much, I was losing precious time to them. Every second counted in order to defeated the Armada. "Kusari ketsugō-jutsu (chain-binding jutsu)" With that, everyone (even Fang) except me were bound by dozens of chains coming from random places. "Now that I have your attention, I will inform you that if this," gesturing to everyone with their weapons poised and eyes intent to kill, "happens again, you will all face dire concequences ten times worse than death. As you can see, I'm not one to mess with, especially when you get in my way of defeating the Armada. This is wasting precious time, including this conversation. I will not tolerate this behavior again." after my lecture, I released them all from their binding chains, letting some collapse on the floor and giving them no heed or second thought. "Now, back to business. The forms, please."
Miriam had been hoping that Captain Randall would take control of the situation, but was momentarily frightened by the method she used to do it. Having chains come out of mid-air to bind her was not something she had ever experienced (thankfully) or had even imagined. But after a few sharp words from the captain, the chains fell away and disappeared.

Cor! I'm glad those darbies be gone, Meri thought to herself, rubbing her arms to take away the feeling of the chains, and energetically petting Fang and scritching behind his ears to make him feel better too. It did not occur to her to protest that she had done nothing wrong: Meri had learned in a hard school that to make excuses for herself, no matter how justified, always led to more beatings. The fact that Captain Randall had made her point with words and not blows increased her respect in Meri's eyes. Meri held back a little, as she was a subordinate, not a captain, but proudly held out her signed form to be accepted too.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
'It looks as if the young cat, Meri, I think has agreed to the conditions on the paper and is the first one to hand in her paper. Surprising' I thought to myself when I took the upheld contract from her hands. "Now, once all of the forms are turned in, you will be free to go after I meet with each of you individually to get to know your skills and attributes. Jade Stone, you are first. On another note, you all have two days to gather everything you need, including ships, extra weapons, outfits, or what have you. Just report back here ASAP before that deadline, and be ready to set sail. Next stop after that is Hammamitsu Garden. Understood?" Maybe I can straighten things out here, make sure my ties of control aren't severed. 'I've found out some of their secrets, but they have yet to see all of mine. Let's keep it that way.' as I glanced down at my covered hands and arms. 'There's no telling what would happen if they knew about... that.'

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
'It looks as if the young cat, Meri, I think has agreed to the conditions on the paper and is the first one to hand in her paper. Surprising' I thought to myself when I took the upheld contract from her hands. "Now, once all of the forms are turned in, you will be free to go after I meet with each of you individually to get to know your skills and attributes. Jade Stone, you are first. On another note, you all have two days to gather everything you need, including ships, extra weapons, outfits, or what have you. Just report back here ASAP before that deadline, and be ready to set sail. Next stop after that is Hammamitsu Garden. Understood?" Maybe I can straighten things out here, make sure my ties of control aren't severed. 'I've found out some of their secrets, but they have yet to see all of mine. Let's keep it that way.' as I glanced down at my covered hands and arms. 'There's no telling what would happen if they knew about... that.'
Oh my gosh... I forgot to submit my post! In my post (this was before Sly did the chain trick), Jade thanked Scarlet for calming her down, apologized to Miriam for keeping the blind secret from her, and shook hands with Raven, agreeing to disagree.

However, it seems like Captain Katherine did a chain trick... which would naturally enrage Jade... I'm sorry to say that I believe the Captain's attempt to maintain order has done nothing to help calm Jade down. In fact, the action of chaining Miriam and Fang as well... Captain Katherine had better watch her back.

~

Jade nodded to Scarlet and had calmed down, taking in a deep breaths. She began to turn to Miriam to speak with her, but she found herself bound in chains, and she saw Miriam's and Fang's auras flicker briefly from chains as well. Jade grit her teeth and clenched her fist, her anger flaring up all over again, all of it focused on her new captain. She fought against the chains and nearly broke some of them, but they disappeared before she could do any damage to them and prove her strength. Jade marched over to her captain and pinned her shoulders against the wall, not harming Captain Katherine for fear of scarring Meri, but obviously teeming with anger.

"You think you're so tough. You're some captain, chaining all of your crew members for two of them disagreeing with each other and claiming that you're not one to mess with, when really you're just as scared as the rest of us when it comes to facing the armada! You don't harm a single. hair. on Meri's flank without having to answer to me. Understood?!?!" For extra measure, Jade gave her captain a shove, then marched to the war table in a huff. She turned in a small circle and glared at almost everyone in the room (save for the creatures she trusts, and the fellow Polarian), then disappeared, leaving an angry ambiance behind her and making everyone uncomfortable.

Jade reappeared in Avery's Court, and jerked off her special amulet, shoving it into a spare pocket. "You can get around without the stupid thing." She growled lowly to herself, attracting attention but ignoring everyone. As soon as the amulet was gone, she had no way of leading herself around, as she had left Fang to guard Meri. Jade stumbled blindly and tripped over the Life Fountain, diving in headfirst. She heard everyone laughing at her, and grew so infuriated that she took control of the magic water and caused an explosion with it, turning the water droplets in the air into ice shards, not caring whether or not she harmed anyone. Jade raised her arms and felt her way to her dorm room, shoving anyone away that stood in front of her, then found her door. She threw it open then slammed it shut, knocking an old picture off of the wall and sending it crashing to the floor.

She hurled herself into her hammock face-first and began speaking to herself in Polarian. "You're better than they are. You're stronger than they are." Jade then broke down crying. Life is so unfair.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
[Thanks Gillian, I have an excuse to make Scarlet angry for the first time ever. This will be fun!]

Before Scarlet could do anything, chains appeared and quickly bound her, pinning her arms tightly to her sides. Although the chains did hurt did hurt bit, Scarlet could have, and probably would have simply put up with the indiginty. However, the small yelp of pain and suprise that came from Jenny was what really got to Scarlet.

The second the chains disappeard, Scarlet wanted to walk right over and slam Katherine against the wall, unfortunatly, Jade got there first. Scarlet would have to be content to simply yell at Katherine instead.

"Zis is no way to treat your crew!" Scarlet bellowed as she seemed to grow even taller and tower over Katherine, her accent getting thicker with her anger, "As I told you, I am a Captain in ze Royal Marleybone Navy! I will not stand for zis treatment! Are you a such a coward zat you punish zose who were not involved along with zose who were only calming ze two women down? My sister and I only stepped in because you appeared to not be able to! We did not deserve to be bound in chains, Meri, Fang, et Omar did not deserve to be bound, zey were not even apart of ze argument!"

Scarlet stomped back over to her side of the table, picked up her form and ripped it in half. "I will not sign zis paper, either my letters of commission will be good enough for you, or you will lose two 'ighly skilled crew members! Et, I promise you Kazerine, I will report zis treatment next time I visit zey Admirality Office!"

Scarlet then put her arm around her little sister Jenny, turned her back to Katherine, and started talking quietly to Jenny in Polarian.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
While Raven and Jade waged war at each other, Omar slipped out of the room with a form in hand. In the sewers, he wrote his name in Krokotopian hieroglyphs and called upon the first spirit that taught him magic to bless this pact. Suddenly, the paper glowed, adding the rules and boundaries set on Omar to the rest of the contract. next to the Marlebonian Seal, there appeared a flaming Ankh, the symbol of Ra the Balancer, granting his protection on this voyage.
Grinning like mad, He ran towards the others and ended up falling on the stairs when chains from nowhere bound him. when they dissipated, Omar rushed towards the War Room and almost got ran over by Jade, After seeing her face, he quickly gave the contract to Captain Randall and rushed after her, a scepter with a flaming skull guiding his way.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
Oh my gosh... I forgot to submit my post! In my post (this was before Sly did the chain trick), Jade thanked Scarlet for calming her down, apologized to Miriam for keeping the blind secret from her, and shook hands with Raven, agreeing to disagree.

However, it seems like Captain Katherine did a chain trick... which would naturally enrage Jade... I'm sorry to say that I believe the Captain's attempt to maintain order has done nothing to help calm Jade down. In fact, the action of chaining Miriam and Fang as well... Captain Katherine had better watch her back.

~

Jade nodded to Scarlet and had calmed down, taking in a deep breaths. She began to turn to Miriam to speak with her, but she found herself bound in chains, and she saw Miriam's and Fang's auras flicker briefly from chains as well. Jade grit her teeth and clenched her fist, her anger flaring up all over again, all of it focused on her new captain. She fought against the chains and nearly broke some of them, but they disappeared before she could do any damage to them and prove her strength. Jade marched over to her captain and pinned her shoulders against the wall, not harming Captain Katherine for fear of scarring Meri, but obviously teeming with anger.

"You think you're so tough. You're some captain, chaining all of your crew members for two of them disagreeing with each other and claiming that you're not one to mess with, when really you're just as scared as the rest of us when it comes to facing the armada! You don't harm a single. hair. on Meri's flank without having to answer to me. Understood?!?!" For extra measure, Jade gave her captain a shove, then marched to the war table in a huff. She turned in a small circle and glared at almost everyone in the room (save for the creatures she trusts, and the fellow Polarian), then disappeared, leaving an angry ambiance behind her and making everyone uncomfortable.

Jade reappeared in Avery's Court, and jerked off her special amulet, shoving it into a spare pocket. "You can get around without the stupid thing." She growled lowly to herself, attracting attention but ignoring everyone. As soon as the amulet was gone, she had no way of leading herself around, as she had left Fang to guard Meri. Jade stumbled blindly and tripped over the Life Fountain, diving in headfirst. She heard everyone laughing at her, and grew so infuriated that she took control of the magic water and caused an explosion with it, turning the water droplets in the air into ice shards, not caring whether or not she harmed anyone. Jade raised her arms and felt her way to her dorm room, shoving anyone away that stood in front of her, then found her door. She threw it open then slammed it shut, knocking an old picture off of the wall and sending it crashing to the floor.

She hurled herself into her hammock face-first and began speaking to herself in Polarian. "You're better than they are. You're stronger than they are." Jade then broke down crying. Life is so unfair.
Miriam stared in dismay as Jade raged at Captain Randall, dismay mingled with a inward flush of joy that Jade cared so much about her, Meri, as to get so very angry. She blinked as Jade disappeared, in an array of familiar light sparks.

Cor, I don't know how them pirate captain types do that, she marveled. They must be special. Well, they are Flash types, after all, Meri considered, figuring that Jade and the others must be on the level of Marleybonean gentry at least.

Miriam gathered her wits together, and politely tugged a forelock of fur at Captain Randall. "Begging your pardon, captain sir. I'm sure Lady Jade don't mean no disrespecting. It's 'cause she's a flash Toff, and more sensitive-like. I'll go find her, sir."

And how to do that, now that Jade disappeared? Ah, she knew a way. Meri bent down next to Fang. "Fang, good boy, let me up on you." Fang hesitated a moment, then allowed Meri to clamber on his back. "Good boy, Fang. Now find Lady Jade."

Then she had to hang on tight as Fang bolted away. The world went black for a moment, and Meri found herself in Avery's court. Within a few seconds, Fang was whining at a door of a modest flat. Meri cautiously opened the door, and soon found Jade curled into a shaking ball on her hammock. Fang padded over to the hammock and whined again, more anxiously.

Meri put a careful hand on Jade's shoulder, repressing what she really wanted to do, which was to rub her head against Jade's, an instinct common to Cats dating from their distant evolutionary ancestors. "Lady Jade? I'm sorry you're upset. I'm sorrier that it's 'cause of me. I ain't worth it, you know. And I didn't get hurt none."

The Cat girl paused. "But this seems to be awfully important, this mission Captain Randall wants us to be on. Maybe... maybe we just have to all learn to work t'gether."

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013

Oh... what have I done? Darn my anger! If that stupid, misguided, greedy, selfish old man hadn't killed my mother, this would have never happened! His temper is now part of me, and I've turned my own crew against me. What kind of captian am I? I was never cut out for leadership in the first place. Looking down with a bit of redness in my eyes, I muttered "You're all dismissed. No more meetings. Gather your things over the next two days." as I walked out of the building. Once everyone was gone and out of sight, I unleashed my inner rage I had all bottled up on the inside on the nearest things I could touch. One after another, I punched, kicked, tore, pulled, and burnt down all of the trees, resulting in more scars on my hands under the wraps. What was hidden under my wraps was old and nasty scars, along with some Mooshu tatoos from what I call the "Glory Days". Those days were when i was in Mooshu as a younger girl, studying under the guidance of some of the best senseis. Once done with my studies, I became a protector of the land (thus me knowing all of these crazy jutsus). I protected people with all I had and was very compassionate until something happened. There was a huge battle during my ending time in Mooshu that I was part of. My best friends, my senseis, the entire village I lived in turned against me and declared war on me. I found out it was possesion, a new form I wasn't familiar with. I had no choice. That day, I fought over two thousand people and left no survivors. The battle left scars on my hands, arms, and all over my body that are irremovable. Since then, I've been a hermit, of sorts. I've been wanting to stop, but now I've further done damage to people, my own crew that Avery trusted me with. This is why I stayed away from people, so I wouldn't hurt them. Something must be done. "A wrong must be righted" I said as I unbottled my ship and headed back to Skull Island. 'First up is Jade, if I can find her.'

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:

~

(OOC: I hope it's okay if I jump in here, I'm new at this )

'' Ha, well would you look at this; a blind Polarian girl sooooo far away from her home.''
'' Stop that Rowan! I know her... Jade Stone is her name.''
Rowan sprung a fire wall up to guard her face from an ice shard then looked at her sister Alura, puzzled that she would know someone with such... carelessness to the people around her. '' I know what you’re thinking and that's not true!'' Alura defensively snapped. She never liked it when Rowan judged someone before getting to know them and since this Jade Stone was a friend of hers, she couldn't stand the comment. '' Just come on, once you get to know her and she gets to know you she'll be the greatest.'' declared Rowan's younger sister while heading for the dorms. Rowan was about to follow Alura when she heard the sound of scraping claws behind them. '' Wait! I forgot Blaze.'' Alura paused to wait while Rowan dashed for the view point in front of Avery's mansion. At the very edge was Blaze, a little manticore cub, trying to chew on his hind paw. '' Ugh, let’s go. You can chew on that later buddy.'' Rowan picked up Blaze and walked over to Alura. Together the three of them ran over to the building that they saw Jade storm into.

''Alright, from here on out we need to keep using our telepathy.'' Came Alura's voice in the back of Rowans head; slowly, Alura opened the dorm building door just in time to see Jade disappear into one of the rooms. They approached the door with caution but Alura suddenly stopped in her tracks.'' Wait, I think I hear paw steps...hide!'' Alura shoved Rowan and Blaze into a tight corner, joining them right before a Frostfang and a cat galloped through the hall, entering Jade's room. The trio squeezed out of the corner and followed them to the room; peering around the corner they saw Jade crying, the cat comforting her, and the Frostfang. '' Wow! I thought this place would be like outside but instead I see the girl crying in here... with the cat and Frostfang?!'' Telepathically spoke Rowan. '' AW! I've never seen her like this! Jade needs all the comfort she can get whether she wants it or not.'' Alura thought. Rowan knew she was right although she didn't like the idea of comforting anyone. '' Maybe we should wait here and see how this plays out; it looks like they haven't seen us yet.'' Rowan told Alura hesitantly. It took Alura a few minutes to respond, Rowan could hear her whole debate until she actually agreed. ''Alright fine, but not for too long, I don't think Jade would like it if she found us out.''

( I hope you guys liked it)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
Miriam stared in dismay as Jade raged at Captain Randall, dismay mingled with a inward flush of joy that Jade cared so much about her, Meri, as to get so very angry. She blinked as Jade disappeared, in an array of familiar light sparks.

Cor, I don't know how them pirate captain types do that, she marveled. They must be special. Well, they are Flash types, after all, Meri considered, figuring that Jade and the others must be on the level of Marleybonean gentry at least.

Miriam gathered her wits together, and politely tugged a forelock of fur at Captain Randall. "Begging your pardon, captain sir. I'm sure Lady Jade don't mean no disrespecting. It's 'cause she's a flash Toff, and more sensitive-like. I'll go find her, sir."

And how to do that, now that Jade disappeared? Ah, she knew a way. Meri bent down next to Fang. "Fang, good boy, let me up on you." Fang hesitated a moment, then allowed Meri to clamber on his back. "Good boy, Fang. Now find Lady Jade."

Then she had to hang on tight as Fang bolted away. The world went black for a moment, and Meri found herself in Avery's court. Within a few seconds, Fang was whining at a door of a modest flat. Meri cautiously opened the door, and soon found Jade curled into a shaking ball on her hammock. Fang padded over to the hammock and whined again, more anxiously.

Meri put a careful hand on Jade's shoulder, repressing what she really wanted to do, which was to rub her head against Jade's, an instinct common to Cats dating from their distant evolutionary ancestors. "Lady Jade? I'm sorry you're upset. I'm sorrier that it's 'cause of me. I ain't worth it, you know. And I didn't get hurt none."

The Cat girl paused. "But this seems to be awfully important, this mission Captain Randall wants us to be on. Maybe... maybe we just have to all learn to work t'gether."
Jade sat up and rubbed tears from her ice-colored eyes. She extended her hand outward and bumped into Fang's cold wet nose, then smiled and pet on his snout. She usually looked in the direction of those she was talking to, but didn't find a reason to do so, as Meri now knows that she's blind, thus she gazed blankly at the door. "Thank you, Meri." Jade's smile melted into a sad look. No anger, no fear, no resentment. Just sad. "You're worth far more than my stupid anger." She moved her hands to the left, bumping into Miriam. Jade put her hands on Miriam's small shoulders and pulled her into a hug. She leaned away after a moment, looking to the sound of Meri's voice. "I am so glad you didn't get hurt." Jade paused, as if debating whether or not she should ask this next question. "Meri? What do you... what do you see, when you look into my eyes?" Jade bit her lip, afraid of the answer.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
Jade sat up and rubbed tears from her ice-colored eyes. She extended her hand outward and bumped into Fang's cold wet nose, then smiled and pet on his snout. She usually looked in the direction of those she was talking to, but didn't find a reason to do so, as Meri now knows that she's blind, thus she gazed blankly at the door. "Thank you, Meri." Jade's smile melted into a sad look. No anger, no fear, no resentment. Just sad. "You're worth far more than my stupid anger." She moved her hands to the left, bumping into Miriam. Jade put her hands on Miriam's small shoulders and pulled her into a hug. She leaned away after a moment, looking to the sound of Meri's voice. "I am so glad you didn't get hurt." Jade paused, as if debating whether or not she should ask this next question. "Meri? What do you... what do you see, when you look into my eyes?" Jade bit her lip, afraid of the answer.
Miriam put her soft hands, the claws retracted of course, on Jade's face and looked deep into the white-haired woman's eyes. Meri had no idea what she was supposed to be looking for. They were rather watery eyes right now, and unfocused. A right nice color, like a winter's day, Miriam thought. She peered closer and saw reflected within a black cat with white-tipped ears and wide, curious eyes as green as new grass.

"Oi, I see me!" Meri exclaimed happily.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
"I see two spheres, the color of ice so cold it's blue, trapped in the state they were the when your sight was sole from you in the snow covered forest, the snow turned red." Said Omar with a hint of sadness " Wars are never kind to us folk. You, stripped of your sight in such a way you were reduced to strike a deal with one of the Great Polarian Witches. I'm impressed. I also dealt with one such as her, her symbol is this."
As he said this, he held up the scepter with the flaming skull attached
"Everyone has secrets. Even our dear captain."

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
'' Alright Rowan, I'm not feeling too good about this.''
'' What's so bad about it Alura?''
'' We're not supposed to be here, if they find us who knows what they'll do.''
Rowan thought for a moment... maybe Alura was right. It was obvious Jade was in a bad mood from the way she acted outside but with the cat here she seemed alright. '' Alura, I think we should show ourselves now.''
'' WHAT! Rowan Bristol are you insane!?'' '' I know it's risky but like you said, she needs comfort.'' Rowan pointed out. '' I hate it when you use my words against me! Ugh fine Rowan, but let's wait a little longer okay? We need to find the right moment.'' '' Very well, although the longer we stay the bigger the risk.'' Alura didn't respond even though she knew Rowan was right. The two sisters watched as the cat, Meri, put her hands on Jade's face and both her a the witchdoctor, who they'd missed come in somehow, looked into her eyes.'' Whoa... what do you think they'll see Alura?'' '' I don't know, maybe we'll find out if you stop questioning!'' Alura snapped. They listened closely to what Meri and Omar had said, in fact the sisters where so mesmerized they leaned on the door making it open more, making Alura stagger so she wouldn't fall.'' Uh, do you think anyone heard that?'' Alura asked Rowan. '' I don't know... but I wouldn't suggest risking a look inside to see if they did.''

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
Miriam put her soft hands, the claws retracted of course, on Jade's face and looked deep into the white-haired woman's eyes. Meri had no idea what she was supposed to be looking for. They were rather watery eyes right now, and unfocused. A right nice color, like a winter's day, Miriam thought. She peered closer and saw reflected within a black cat with white-tipped ears and wide, curious eyes as green as new grass.

"Oi, I see me!" Meri exclaimed happily.
Jade smiled. She was about to speak when she was interrupted by Omar. Jade listened to his speech intently, no longer feeling so angry with the world and almost feeling... was that relief? She was feeling relief that Omar was there? Well that was a first.

She turned her smile timidly in Omar's direction. "Thank you." Finally, someone understood. Jade took her amulet out from her pocket and felt it with her fingers, still staring blankly ahead. After she had taken off the amulet, it felt like its power was slowly seeping away, along with all of her anger and fear. She may not be able to see at all anymore, but she felt clean. Cleansed of negative emotions. Which would she prefer, to be completely blind and free of anger, or to be able to see somewhat and be ill-tempered? Jade would ordinarily choose to be happy and blind, but she was a pirate. Pirates can't be blind.

But still...

Jade stood up, and Fang walked up to her side. She rested her hand on his flank and he guided her over to Omar. Jade found his right hand with her left one, and closed his fingers around her amulet. "Please, keep this away from me. I'll find some other way to get around." She sighed, and lowered her head downward to appear looking at the ground. "I'm sorry for any pain that I've caused." Jade searched for the proper words to explain how she was feeling. She felt relief that she no longer had to be fed up all the time, but she also felt a little sad, for she knew that if Omar did as she wished and kept the amulet away from her, then she would never see again. And then there was a part of her that hadn't been completely ridden of the magic that gnawed on her conscious, nagging her to snatch the amulet back and destroy these 'pitiful friends' of hers. She fought against it, but it was tiring all the same.

She glanced back up to Omar and hoped that he understood.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The Undead Obeah on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
"I see two spheres, the color of ice so cold it's blue, trapped in the state they were the when your sight was sole from you in the snow covered forest, the snow turned red." Said Omar with a hint of sadness " Wars are never kind to us folk. You, stripped of your sight in such a way you were reduced to strike a deal with one of the Great Polarian Witches. I'm impressed. I also dealt with one such as her, her symbol is this."
As he said this, he held up the scepter with the flaming skull attached
"Everyone has secrets. Even our dear captain."
Meri nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard Omar's voice behind her. Instinctively, she flipped over Jade and drew her rapier and dagger, ready to fight, but lowered her weapons immediately when she saw who it was. Cor, the purple-eyed bloke! Miriam liked him, and for some reason instinctively trusted him. She listened to his words, and felt deeply affected by them. She could even see the scene he described with his words, could see what happened to Jade... and... what had happened to him?

Miriam was not the sort of Cat that spent time in deep thought and contemplation -- she was a rather simple person, when it came right down to it. But here were two people, their lives torn by suffering, trying to continue on as best as they could. Meri felt a yearning to make things right, especially for Jade -- Jade the person who rescued her from Da and a miserable life of crime. But she knew she couldn't make things right, not really. All she could do would be to offer her loyalty and friendship.

But maybe, just maybe, that would be enough.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
As I docked at the Skull Island docks, I set out to look for the Blind Mew to see where Jade went: he'd surely know since I don't myself. I casually walked up to Blind Mew and greeted him with a "Hello". He muttered back, "Looking for another person now, are we? Who is it? Describe them." How does he know these things? I replied "I'm looking for a Polarian woman, a witchdoctor, a cat, and a big snow wolf-thing that's huge."
"That's an odd combination, but I know who you are talking about. I distincly heard the pounding of one pair of feet rush by here, followed by a splash of water (apparently she dove into the Life Fountain). After a few minutes, that was followed by the footsteps of a giant wolf's padded feet, along with panting and sniffing continuing in that direction." as he pointed toward the Bunkhouse. "After another few minutes, the said witchdoctor, holding a flaming skull came through here as well in that direction. Is that good enough?" he asked. "Of course it's good enough! No one has hearing capabilities like you, Blind Mew. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be off-"
"Now now, before you go, I'd get your hands checked out. I can distinctively hear the dripping of blood from your knuckles and the billowing of hanging bandages in the light breeze."
Woah, that was CLOSE! Glad he saw that before I met them. "Thanks again, Blind Mew!" I shouted as I started sprinting to the Bunkhouse, wrapping my hands up and leaving a very small trail of red behind.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: I hope it's okay if I jump in here, I'm new at this )

'' Ha, well would you look at this; a blind Polarian girl sooooo far away from her home.''
'' Stop that Rowan! I know her... Jade Stone is her name.''
Rowan sprung a fire wall up to guard her face from an ice shard then looked at her sister Alura, puzzled that she would know someone with such... carelessness to the people around her. '' I know what you’re thinking and that's not true!'' Alura defensively snapped. She never liked it when Rowan judged someone before getting to know them and since this Jade Stone was a friend of hers, she couldn't stand the comment. '' Just come on, once you get to know her and she gets to know you she'll be the greatest.'' declared Rowan's younger sister while heading for the dorms. Rowan was about to follow Alura when she heard the sound of scraping claws behind them. '' Wait! I forgot Blaze.'' Alura paused to wait while Rowan dashed for the view point in front of Avery's mansion. At the very edge was Blaze, a little manticore cub, trying to chew on his hind paw. '' Ugh, let’s go. You can chew on that later buddy.'' Rowan picked up Blaze and walked over to Alura. Together the three of them ran over to the building that they saw Jade storm into.

''Alright, from here on out we need to keep using our telepathy.'' Came Alura's voice in the back of Rowans head; slowly, Alura opened the dorm building door just in time to see Jade disappear into one of the rooms. They approached the door with caution but Alura suddenly stopped in her tracks.'' Wait, I think I hear paw steps...hide!'' Alura shoved Rowan and Blaze into a tight corner, joining them right before a Frostfang and a cat galloped through the hall, entering Jade's room. The trio squeezed out of the corner and followed them to the room; peering around the corner they saw Jade crying, the cat comforting her, and the Frostfang. '' Wow! I thought this place would be like outside but instead I see the girl crying in here... with the cat and Frostfang?!'' Telepathically spoke Rowan. '' AW! I've never seen her like this! Jade needs all the comfort she can get whether she wants it or not.'' Alura thought. Rowan knew she was right although she didn't like the idea of comforting anyone. '' Maybe we should wait here and see how this plays out; it looks like they haven't seen us yet.'' Rowan told Alura hesitantly. It took Alura a few minutes to respond, Rowan could hear her whole debate until she actually agreed. ''Alright fine, but not for too long, I don't think Jade would like it if she found us out.''

( I hope you guys liked it)
I think it's good. It might cause some new conflict, but who knows? It might make the roleplay all the more intriguing.

only time could tell...

by the way, if you do join us, Omar slowly walked in after you finished talking. just so you know.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
Jade smiled. She was about to speak when she was interrupted by Omar. Jade listened to his speech intently, no longer feeling so angry with the world and almost feeling... was that relief? She was feeling relief that Omar was there? Well that was a first.

She turned her smile timidly in Omar's direction. "Thank you." Finally, someone understood. Jade took her amulet out from her pocket and felt it with her fingers, still staring blankly ahead. After she had taken off the amulet, it felt like its power was slowly seeping away, along with all of her anger and fear. She may not be able to see at all anymore, but she felt clean. Cleansed of negative emotions. Which would she prefer, to be completely blind and free of anger, or to be able to see somewhat and be ill-tempered? Jade would ordinarily choose to be happy and blind, but she was a pirate. Pirates can't be blind.

But still...

Jade stood up, and Fang walked up to her side. She rested her hand on his flank and he guided her over to Omar. Jade found his right hand with her left one, and closed his fingers around her amulet. "Please, keep this away from me. I'll find some other way to get around." She sighed, and lowered her head downward to appear looking at the ground. "I'm sorry for any pain that I've caused." Jade searched for the proper words to explain how she was feeling. She felt relief that she no longer had to be fed up all the time, but she also felt a little sad, for she knew that if Omar did as she wished and kept the amulet away from her, then she would never see again. And then there was a part of her that hadn't been completely ridden of the magic that gnawed on her conscious, nagging her to snatch the amulet back and destroy these 'pitiful friends' of hers. She fought against it, but it was tiring all the same.

She glanced back up to Omar and hoped that he understood.
Raven couldn't help but feel a little bad. She and Jade shared one thing particularly in common- their pasts were both not very pleasant. Jade didn't like her, and Raven didn't care for her, but they didn't have to be enemies. The witch knew Jade was nothing like *sigh* him. She didn't hate Jade with the burning intensity of the volcanic flames, but was uncertain- Raven owed Jade one, that was for sure.