Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What credentials are needed to work at KI?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
I'd like a minor job in the writing/community management team, but please list the skills for the assortment of jobs here, from animator to web design. I'd love a job with you guys when i'm older, even if i jut make coffee for you or be a janitor. I'm sure some other buckos would like this.

P.S. Several kids who run the boards around here ( Highlander Fox, Anne Radcliffe, Chrissy the Blesser, maybe Thunderchu or coolster50) have a lot of potential. Although i may be a lowly poster who isn't nearly close to any of those guys, I hope you take my advice and see if any of them would like a job with you when they are older.

Sincerely,
Hardy Dolan Orleans , aka Frozenmuskets.

Developer
To work alongside Blind Mew on the Writing Team, you need to be able to sing the entirety of Pirates of Penzance from memory.

Administrator
(Thumbs up to Ratbeard's post )

If you're looking for a job at KingsIsle, be sure to keep an eye on our Job Postings Page. Requirements and Considerations are listed for each individual job posting there.

You might also want to read through a few of our recent blog posts from employees at KingsIsle:

http://kingsisleblog.com/2013/08/20/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-game-designer/
http://kingsisleblog.com/2013/07/23/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-kingsisle-artist/
http://kingsisleblog.com/2013/07/05/tips-for-getting-into-the-gaming-industry-programming/

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Ratbeard on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
To work alongside Blind Mew on the Writing Team, you need to be able to sing the entirety of Pirates of Penzance from memory.
Does being able to recite many Robert Frost poems from memory qualify? If you ask me to sing, I swear I will break windows. I have been talking to my mom about my college classes lately, saying that I wanted to get a degree in English so that I can be the best writer that I can (I'm wanting to get a career as an author) and she countered back that there aren't many good jobs for people with writing degrees, and that I wouldn't be able to pay bills with a simple Journalist's job. Any chance that in six years from now when I'm old enough to have a job, that I could be on the writing team? It would be an amazing honor, but, I would really prefer not to have to sing. I think you would prefer that I don't sing too.

~Elizabeth, level 35 ~

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ratbeard,

I laughed so hard at your post that tears came from my eyes. In fact, I hadn't been feeling well today, but after laughing so much I did indeed feel better. I was laughing all the harder because Sam Underhill and I can actually make that zany criteria. Well, not me so much, as I know only some songs by heart from the Pirates of Penzance... but I can sing from memory the entire libretto (in English, including recitatives) of Mozart's The Magic Flute -- does that count?

Still laughing,

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
I CAN DO THIS. I know that play by memory!!! Now what?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
*aherm*
So stealthily the pirate creeps
While all the household soundly sleeps
Come friends, who plough the sea
truce to navigation
take another station
Let's vary piracy
Is there a writer job for me?
When my time comes, I'll definitely be looking for a position. :)
D.S. Devereaux

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Would any Gilbert and Sullivan do? I can sing a makeshift version of 'A Wandering Pirate I' from The Mikado.

Actually, I was fortunate enough to be in the chorus of Pirates of Penzance several years ago. Man, that was a blast!

Community Leader
I have been writing my own pirate songs....
Why sing someone elses, when you can sing the original (ok with no so original music)! ;)

Although that doesnt likely qualify me as a writer for KI. :P

Dr Zeppers
Silent Samuel Stern - Lvl 65 - Witchdoctor
Available on youtube:
"Buffaloon popping in the sky"
"Wahoo Wahoo Buffaloon Poppings for me"

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Frozenmuskets on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I'd like a minor job in the writing/community management team, but please list the skills for the assortment of jobs here, from animator to web design. I'd love a job with you guys when i'm older, even if i jut make coffee for you or be a janitor. I'm sure some other buckos would like this.

P.S. Several kids who run the boards around here ( Highlander Fox, Anne Radcliffe, Chrissy the Blesser, maybe Thunderchu or coolster50) have a lot of potential. Although i may be a lowly poster who isn't nearly close to any of those guys, I hope you take my advice and see if any of them would like a job with you when they are older.

Sincerely,
Hardy Dolan Orleans , aka Frozenmuskets.
x Having a wonderful laugh x Oh yea, when I'm older, Yea that's it, when I'm older. x Dissolves into delighted giggles again x
And I thought I couldn't be complimented any higher by you guys. Thank you Frozenmuskets. x Ships a case of chocolate cauldrons & salted caramel pops to Frozenmuslets x

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well I used to do Phantom of the Opera & The Lion King all the time with my nieces but I am willing to change. x Starts warming up....... x Mmmmmmm, Mommy made me mash my m & m's....... Me me me me me me.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
that's all?