Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sky ways go left and right. How about up?????

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Hello everyone. This is the start of sharing a dream I had.

The Dreams of Magic (suggestion 1):

So, did anyone else have this idea (see below)? If so I aplogise and please note I did not try and steal it from you.

When I did not have my membership, I had radical dreams of pirate101. I cannont explain what I saw (you know how those dreams are), but here is a minisculeepic factor I had in one of those dreams. Behold the upward skyway!

Skies ways are always left to right, right? Well maybe we could use the (AWSD) key system to add to a world! A makes your ship go up (by a glowing fire) and W makes your ship go down. Seeing everything in one level gets boring after a while. Perhaps when we are in the skyways that go up, diagonal travel could be possible as well.

Still dont get it? Imagine playing a 3D sonic game. You go left, right, up and down. Now imagine doing that in the sky with your ship.

Another suggestion is to expand islands. The ratio of my aquila galleon toward skull island makes my galleon look SOOO massive. Maybe increasing island sizes by lets say 2x would give a realistic effect upon the game. And imagine sailing above or below skull Island! I have some pretty amazing ideas (not showing off, but once you have an amazing dream, your mind is like and you have to share it), and this is just a fragment of what I saw. It is only lets say 0.002% of the grand design I dreamt that night.

Imagine the possiblilites of now going up (hopefully there will be no loading screen)! Perhaps you could click the bottom of your ship and drag down to see beautiful designed purple skies with comets, super novas, flashing nebulas and what not (aliens?).

Community Leader
Quite an interesting idea/concept, however it is my experience with many other games, that adding a full "3D" aspect to movement proves quite confusing and is difficult navigation concept for many.

Vehicles that most everyone controls in IRL don't follow this concept, so its harder for many to grasp (unless your an airplane/airship or submarine navigator/pilot, or an astronaut.).

Unfortunately I think such a change would complicate the game to much for some of KI's target audience.

I think the size of the ships to island ratios, etc is by design. Reflecting larger and larger ships as your pirate progresses and obtains more advanced ships. Frankly, I like it how it is, makes it fun for a higher level pirate to cruise around the lower level worlds.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Quite an interesting idea/concept, however it is my experience with many other games, that adding a full "3D" aspect to movement proves quite confusing and is difficult navigation concept for many.

Vehicles that most everyone controls in IRL don't follow this concept, so its harder for many to grasp (unless your an airplane/airship or submarine navigator/pilot, or an astronaut.).

Unfortunately I think such a change would complicate the game to much for some of KI's target audience.

I think the size of the ships to island ratios, etc is by design. Reflecting larger and larger ships as your pirate progresses and obtains more advanced ships. Frankly, I like it how it is, makes it fun for a higher level pirate to cruise around the lower level worlds.
I agree slightly with you. I would like to make an improvment towards the upward skyways. Firstly scrap the idea of using 'A' to move up and 'S' to move down.

Let me define some 'upward skyway' terminology:

Levels- Different depths and heights of a particular world. Level 1 is lowest depth of the area, level 2 is higher etc.
Upward/Downward Skyway Path (UDSP)- A specific sky way that transports a ship from level to level of a certain area. The only way of travelling between levels.

The concept (if added in future), (pretend I am talikng from future):

Pirate101 now has added more depth to the 3D appearance of ship pvp. Instead of moving left to right (like certain sky way paths), some new skyways (UDSP- See top for definintion) will now make players go up and down! There will be various depths (called levels) in the ship perspective world. A good idea is too include at least 3 levels per world.

An example:

A ship strays into an 'area' known as the Titan Battlefied. The ship enters the mid level (level 2). The enemies here are regular ships and boss ships, alongside some powerful allies. The cities include regular peoples homes and a grand palace of the emporer. There are two certain UDSP skyways that enable players to travel at least 200 m higher. These paths curve to the top level (level 3). Over here a great battle is happening in the city of olympus, some mighty boss ships and sea monsters roam, and it is dark and thunderous in certain places. The pirate completes a certain quest and now has to travel to the underworld (level 1). So the pirates follow the UDSP
skyways into the mid level. Once in the midlevel the pirate explores a new UDSP skyway that leads at least 50m below level 2, and this is level 1. In the underworld (level 1) the pirate has to help Hades (chicken god of death) recover the weapon of the Titans. Cities here include kingdom of hades and bone hideout. Enemies are dark sea serphents etc.

The Transitions:
Hopefully none. I want to travel between the levels without having a loading screen of boochbeard and gandry. If not possible (most likely situation), it would still be a fun situation to experience the depths and heights of the game. (Question for Developer)- Is this possible to include in the game (even if transitions are there I am ok)?

Devlopers Chit-Chat and tech talk:
Lets assume transitions beteen 'levels' (see definition) are allowed.
In the regular game players have to travel from area to area (eg khotan area to subata area) in a HORIZONTALLY (left and right) adjacent manner. This means you have to travel left or right or forward of backward to aproach a new area (am I right?). However the concept of 'levels' would make travel appear in a VERTICAL (up and down) manner. It seems fairly simple to me, and just changes things around a bit for a new effect.

Addition Tech talk:
When changing 'levels' is it possible to see a permanent unchaning view of other 'levels'?

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Does anyone understand what I mean? P.S: Is this idea being considered?

Community Leader
Perhaps your idea would be implemented differently but I occasionally play another game that has multi-level dungeons, and its confusing and frustrating as all get out, if that game weren't entirely free I would have given up already.

Maybe for a PVP arena this could be done but for the overall game I think its is far to large an idea. .

I think such a grandiose addition would really "change" the game immensely (and not necessarily for the better), and actually slow it down further. Consider how long it takes for a world update, and multiply it times 3 for 3 levels.

For the concept of questing/storyline, I think it would be way too much to grasp or even to pursue and complete. Yeah! Im done with Marleybone? Wha?? I have 2 more levels to complete? (sigh)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
Perhaps your idea would be implemented differently but I occasionally play another game that has multi-level dungeons, and its confusing and frustrating as all get out, if that game weren't entirely free I would have given up already.

Maybe for a PVP arena this could be done but for the overall game I think its is far to large an idea. .

I think such a grandiose addition would really "change" the game immensely (and not necessarily for the better), and actually slow it down further. Consider how long it takes for a world update, and multiply it times 3 for 3 levels.

For the concept of questing/storyline, I think it would be way too much to grasp or even to pursue and complete. Yeah! Im done with Marleybone? Wha?? I have 2 more levels to complete? (sigh)
Yes but instead of always going left to right, we can go up up an down. And imagine levels as splitting the left side of Aquila and transfer them into levels. They do not necessarily have to be immense as you said they should be in Marley bone.

Ensign
Sep 12, 2009
Ok, guys all of you are confusing me lol.

Here is my idea

Lift the skyway up like they did in the Arroyo Grande entrance in Cool Ranch