Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Betting on PvP

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I have an idea about PvP. How about that there's a guy in the Brawling hall and sparring chamber that lets you bet on the winner of the PvP match. You can only bet as much money as you currently have and if you guess right you get half of what you bet with and the money you bet. For instance if I bet 100 gold pieces and I win the bet then I would receive 150 gold pieces. However you can only bet if the two PvP players within three levels of each other, there are the same number of people on each side and you can only bet within the first three rounds of the match. Also you have to be in the room when the fight ends. Flees do count as a win. The betting guy would be sitting at a table at the back of the room with stacks of gold on the table. Before you bet you have to complete a quick side quest for the betting guy. Really quick side quest, like delivering a message to Avery or something like that. What do you think?

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Though I love the idea, I think it would be just to easy to exploit, as a group of people could just bet a lot of gold on one side, and the other side could lose on purpose. But that's a very good idea!

btw, sorry if this is posted twice, I sent it in once, but I didn't get the moderation warning, so I think it accidentally hit the cancel button.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
I have an idea about PvP. How about that there's a guy in the Brawling hall and sparring chamber that lets you bet on the winner of the PvP match. You can only bet as much money as you currently have and if you guess right you get half of what you bet with and the money you bet. For instance if I bet 100 gold pieces and I win the bet then I would receive 150 gold pieces. However you can only bet if the two PvP players within three levels of each other, there are the same number of people on each side and you can only bet within the first three rounds of the match. Also you have to be in the room when the fight ends. Flees do count as a win. The betting guy would be sitting at a table at the back of the room with stacks of gold on the table. Before you bet you have to complete a quick side quest for the betting guy. Really quick side quest, like delivering a message to Avery or something like that. What do you think?
Nah, as fun as that sounds, there will be too many scurvy players throwing fights and such just to make money. Way too much opportunity for greed to rear it's Hydraish head and spoil everything with no way to police it.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Remember also that P101 is intended to be a family-friendly game. Gambling is not a behavior that we should get involved in.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Duke of Westminste... on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Sounds like gambling. I do not want this to be a gambling game. Gambling can ruin kids even at an early age, it is not a good market. Here is an alternate solution, if you guess who wins, you revive 2000 coins. It does not cost anything to guess. It's just luck, and you won't lose anything.