Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Yesterday Swordroll asked a great question on Twitter about what would happen if you redeemed the same companion on a pirate who already has one in its crew. [He was suggesting an army of Nausica]

I decided I wanted to try it out. I had one of the Christmas Toads on my low level Bucc and had an extra one in my gift box still. I went to redeem it and the game let me, but alas there was still only one toad in my crew. The other toad that was in my gift box was gone.

My suggestion is to have a warning pop up, or something that doesn't let you redeem it if you already have it on that pirate, because you can lose it with a click of a button for those who don't know.

Happy Sailing!

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Thanks, I've been wondering this myself! But Lol, an ARMY of Nausica would be devastating(Although a total of $105 plus tax would have to be spent on it XD).

Thanks,
Jacob

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirates o the Spir... on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Yesterday Swordroll asked a great question on Twitter about what would happen if you redeemed the same companion on a pirate who already has one in its crew. [He was suggesting an army of Nausica]

I decided I wanted to try it out. I had one of the Christmas Toads on my low level Bucc and had an extra one in my gift box still. I went to redeem it and the game let me, but alas there was still only one toad in my crew. The other toad that was in my gift box was gone.

My suggestion is to have a warning pop up, or something that doesn't let you redeem it if you already have it on that pirate, because you can lose it with a click of a button for those who don't know.

Happy Sailing!
Excellent suggestion. I am quite sure that if you talk to the powers that be they will return your Toad that is lost in the twinning loop. It is good that you did this and all who read this are now for warned and for armed. Very brave of you. Thank you.

Administrator
In general, Bundle companions will not act this way (they will give an error message rather than be able to be redeemed) and you should not be able to purchase a companion a second time (or add them to your crew a second time).

We will be fixing a bug with the Mistle Toad that allowed for this to happen, and I've manually returned the deleted Mistle Toad to your gift inventory (for you to redeem on another character on your account)

In the meantime, if anyone has had a similar issue, please contact support@pirate101.com for resolution.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
In general, Bundle companions will not act this way (they will give an error message rather than be able to be redeemed) and you should not be able to purchase a companion a second time (or add them to your crew a second time).

We will be fixing a bug with the Mistle Toad that allowed for this to happen, and I've manually returned the deleted Mistle Toad to your gift inventory (for you to redeem on another character on your account)

In the meantime, if anyone has had a similar issue, please contact support@pirate101.com for resolution.
Ah I see! That is great to hear that the bundle companions do have a error message.

Thanks a bunch Jack!

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader